Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2006, 5:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
I stayed at the Westin Palace for a night on an award stay and enjoyed it, it is a nice hotel. I was not elite but they upgraded me to a nice room with a patio. It is close to the train station and reasonable walking distance to the Duomo. I have no experience with the other hotels in Milano.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:59 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Plat, UAPX, Fairmont Plat, HHonors Silver
Stayed at the Westin Palace Milan last weekend for two nights on an award stay. As a spg gold, I had reserved an upgraded deluxe room for 11,000 spg points, but asked if I could get a room with the turkish bath I've heard so much about and was a given a large suite on a high floor with the bath and a wonderful view of the city. You can even see the Duomo beautifully lit up at night. The room was a smoking room, but after we opened up the windows and aired it out for a day, it was fine.

Breakfast was not included on the award stay and was pricey at 23 euros per person for the breakfast buffet in their restaurant.

Service at this hotel was warm and helpful, the room was great, and we enjoyed our stay very much. They have the typical Westin gym powered by Reebok, which was small, but fine with several treadmills, two weight machines and a set of free weights. I was the only one in there on a Sat evening, but if it was crowded, it could start to get cramped. Only knock against this hotel is that there aren't many restaurants or shops close by. But there is a metro stop right outside which will take you to Montenapoleone (upscale shopping) two stops away and the Duomo (3 stops). It was also a relatively easy walk to the Centrale train station when we went out to the Lake Como for a day.

The Diana Majestic in contrast, which we walked by, was located in an area with lots of shops and restaurants near Corso Buenos Aires, but the hotel didn't look as nice as the Westin (at least from the outside).

Overall, we were very happy with our stay at the Westin Palace and would definitely recommend it.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 12:59 am

Programs: SPG, AA: PLAT; Hilton: Diamon, UAL: Premier Exec; IC_PriClub; 308 hours flying Boeing 707's
4 Pts. Milan Center does have a lounge area

Originally Posted by Dovster
???

It is less than a 5 minute walk to Piazza Repubblica and the Westin. I have never had the slightest problem in walking through that area, day or night.
The 4 pts. does have a rather nice continental breakfast and a reasonable assortment of evening hors'd ourves, which included several bottles of liquor from which you coud pour your own drink (and it was half the price of the Westin). They also had free internet in the lobby and gave a nice upgrade to a high floor, which I believe had a balcony. Platinum amenity choice was a bottle of "Room perfume" which was unique!

-- CaptainG
Old Apr 12, 2006, 5:19 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by psyflyer
Staying for 5 night in Milan in May... so far booked @ the Principe di Savoia but Im looking for some *wood points. Noticed they have more than one... where would you go?
I will be in Milan in July and went through this process not too long ago .I finaly choose a Jr.Suite at the Westin with its own steam room. The W has been burnt in this foroum and the other SPG hotel was a very close second
Old Apr 13, 2006, 9:38 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Blue/IC Royal Ambassador/LeadinghotelsRegular
i have been looking into this myself, sheraton dianna is your best bet i reckon. The coolest bar in town and rooms look fine, plus it gets good reviews on tripadvisor!
Old Apr 13, 2006, 2:27 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Plat, UAPX, Fairmont Plat, HHonors Silver
Stayed at the Westin Palace a couple weeks ago, asked for and was given an upgrade to one of their suites with the Turkish bath (steam room). It was a great room and the service was very friendly. Downside is the location, Sheraton Diana has more day-to-day shops and restaurants nearby. But the Westin has a Metro stop just outside. Montenapoleone (upscale shopping) is two stops away and the Duomo is three stops away. Westin is also walking distance from the central train station for day trips to Lake Como.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 7:20 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by dreamytraveller
i have been looking into this myself, sheraton dianna is your best bet i reckon. The coolest bar in town and rooms look fine, plus it gets good reviews on tripadvisor!
Thanks all b ut i have to agree with the above. After reading the appalling reviews of the westin on tripadvisor I cancelled my reservation right away. Reserved a junior suite (660Eur/night) @ the ParkHyatt seems like its the place to be. Although being born and raised in Milan I had no idea about the ParkHyatt until I asked some childhood friends where to stay and they all shouted PARKHYATT!!! so sorry wood this time Ill be collecting parkhyatts points...

Good friend of mine hotelier mentioned that the 4seasons is looking tired and the management needs a refresh, he mentioned they are keen on catering more to the middle eastern crowd. (not me) On the other hand other than the PH he suggested the Bulgari which he said is really opulent and perhaps just a tid bit too much. All in all the PH looks great and will be giving my business to them. Wood should really take a look at the reviews on tripadvisor... they are horrible.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Am staying in Milan for a night in July, and am currently booked at the Sheraton Diana Majestic. Was wondering if it would be worthwhile to book a junior suite at the 4P Milan (actually 8EUR less than my rate for a deluxe non-garden view room at the majestic). As a gold, what are the odds of being upgraded to a deluxe garden-view with a balcony at the majestic in the high season. If it's not going to happen, I think I'd rather the junior suite at the 4P Milan, which I've heard has a jacuzzi tub w/TV (am going with my girlfriend, so such little things do matter for this trip...'tis a stopover on our LCA jaunt).
Old Jun 11, 2006, 7:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Ended up staying at the Principe di Savoia for the whole stay 5/3-5/9 and Im glad I did that. We had a really swell and glamorous junior suite with some of the best woodwork and wood carvings I've ever seen in a hotel room. IMO worth every cent.

We decided against *wood properties as the Westin's reviews are appalling and Italian friends also dismissed the proeprty as average and not worth the price (never stayed there, so cant comment). The other wood properties simply didnt make the cut based on reviews etc. imo. At the end it was a toss up between old milanese charm PDS or sleek italian style PH... because of the proxomity of some events we had to attend PDS won out, and glad it did. Just a shame that the dorchester group doesn't have a loyalty program...
Old Jun 28, 2006, 2:32 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Just a heads up to anyone heading through Milan this summer that the Le Méridien Gallia is coming up as low as EUR115 inclusive of VAT, and this is not a prepaid rate. Some marginal reviews to be sure, but that's a decent deal if you want SPG points. This is much cheaper than even the 4pts.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 4:29 pm

Stayed at the Diana Majestic for 2 nights last week on a cash & points award. The deciding factor for me was actually the parking fee. Don't remember the exact amounts, but it was roughly 40E at Westin Palace and only about 12E at Diana Majestic.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 8:52 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I just returned from a quick business trip to Milan and a one night stay in the Sheraton Diana. I had picked it b/c it looked closest to the restaurant where I had a meeting, but in reality Milan is pretty small and I doubt I would worry about exact location of a hotel on future stays. It's about 15Euro for a cab from Linate airport to the Sheraton in modest traffic and then I flew out of Malpensa and that was about 115 Euro and 45 minutes.
I really liked some things about the Sheraton: it has great service and I didn't feel like it was touristy or that I was treated like a tourist; it has a hip bar with a nice local draw; it has a nice outdoor dining area (and the food is good) and the A/C works well (which isn't always the case in Europe). The bar scene was going off from about 6-9pm, someone told me this is the place to come for pre-dinner drinks. The music was pretty loud and it was packed, but by 9:45 the music was way down and the place emptied out. That's nice if you are a guest in a room facing the courtyard and want to get to sleep. It's about 15 minutes to walk to central Milan, again my impression was that Milan is fairly compact and a walk or cheap cab ride will get you where you need to go quickly.
I think I received a bit of an upgrade (I can't recall exactly what I booked), I wound up with a large room with a nice view of the rear courtyard area. The room and bath were in decent shape, but I would venture a guess that the Park Hyatt has this place beat by a longshot. The bathroom was nice enough but it wasn't luxurious and things like the floating aluminum ceiling really bring it down. The hotel is an old building and I know that can be difficult to work with, but I've stayed in plenty of European hotels that are in similarly old buildings where the renovation job was far better.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Hertz Pres O
Westin is noting special, although am ALWAYS upgraded to a suite, bar is really crap.

Forget the 4Points. Unless you like TV hookers!

Diana Majestic all the way. Bar is excellent, with a big outdoor area too. Apparently all the young trendies start their nights out here and by experience this does seem to be the case. Lots of eye candy here! Open until 1 or 2am. Now has high speed internet access too, both wired and wireless.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 2:28 pm
Suspended

How is the upgrade success for Golds @ Palace?

And, is the Palace really that bad? Tripadvisor's reports are horrendous.

I want to give the palace a try vs. the Principe di Savoia where I routinely stay.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 11:57 am

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
I spent four nights at the Westin Palace this past week at a relatively expensive $500 per night corporate rate and upgraded due to being Platinum.

The rooms are the sort of "faded glory" thing you see in some other pricey European/East Coast St. Regis and Westin locations, but with a decent flat-screen TV and acceptable bathroom for Europe. Still have the old black-wrapper Westin soaps but nice shampoos, lotions, etc. of a brand I already forget.

Previous comments about the lack of much in the local area at night are very true.

The room rate included a breakfast buffet at the Casanova grill, with a small selection of Italian breakfast items and disinterested wait staff.

Room service selection limited and not to my taste, but nothing wrong with it or the nice folks who brought it.

Constant requests to turn down the bed after 7:30PM until about 9PM when they gave up three nights out of four.

The front desk and concierge were very friendly and helpful throughout.

Costs from/back to MXP:

Concierge-arranged car and driver to meet me: E170
Taxi back the other way: E75

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.