Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood Discount Codes (SET #)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:55 am
RNE

Originally Posted by Keyser
huh????go to another hotel????yes, you can do that but you will have to pay at the hotel you originally booked your room at because the cancellation deadline would have probably passed by the time you are trying to check in on a rate you are not entitled to....so you end up paying double by going to another property....
Wrong.

Originally Posted by RogerD408
If they are refusing to allow the rate to be used, then, it would seem to me, that the property is cancelling the rez which they can do at any time. As we know, they rules only apply to us and not them.
Right.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by RNE
Wrong.
actually you are wrong....i would suggest you try this & report back....just saying i'm wrong doesn't make you right....
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
If they are refusing to allow the rate to be used, then, it would seem to me, that the property is cancelling the rez which they can do at any time. As we know, they rules only apply to us and not them.
they are refusing to allow the rate because its a rate you are not entitled to & should not have booked in the first place....the hotel has not been able to sell that room so they are completely within their right to charge you for it....
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
they are refusing to allow the rate because its a rate you are not entitled to & should not have booked in the first place....the hotel has not been able to sell that room so they are completely within their right to charge you for it....
I'll give a bit if you are actually trying to use a rate you are not entitled to, but to say you can't use AARP because of your age is wrong. Their lack of knowledge of the program should not prevent you from using the rate. But on the surface it would be them refusing the room to hit the press rather than the guest booking the wrong rate. After all, shouldn't they have implemented measures to ensure the proper rate at bookings? Many sites require the AAA account number at booking so it can be validated. Granted not possible for everything, but if they don't put some safeguards in place, they have some exposure here.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll give a bit if you are actually trying to use a rate you are not entitled to, but to say you can't use AARP because of your age is wrong. Their lack of knowledge of the program should not prevent you from using the rate. But on the surface it would be them refusing the room to hit the press rather than the guest booking the wrong rate. After all, shouldn't they have implemented measures to ensure the proper rate at bookings? Many sites require the AAA account number at booking so it can be validated. Granted not possible for everything, but if they don't put some safeguards in place, they have some exposure here.
if you are using a rate that you are entitled to then there is no problem....the aarp incident is just an example of the hotel or its agents not being aware of the program....they should not question it unless they know the basic requirements of the program....

but using a rate that one is not entitled to is just wrong & the property should penalize the person trying to commit a fraud on them....i'm sure the hotels can put in some measures to prevent this but its pretty easy to use a particular rate if you have the set code....not much the property can do till you check in....
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:03 am
RNE

actually you are wrong....i would suggest you try this & report back....just saying i'm wrong doesn't make you right....
I'm too imperious to ever be challenged by a mere mortal.

RNE, demigod.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by RNE

RNE, demigod.
I recently found myself in a bit of a jam at a property in Mumbai. I had run out of my business cards and couldn't prove that I was entitled to the SET I was using. The hotel said they would charge me the RACK rate if I couldn't present my business card. I attempted to cancel and go somewhere else and they said they would charge me for the night as the cancelation deadline had passed.

I checked in on the RACK rate and the next morning asked my office to email the hotel letting them know I am entitled to the rate. The manager gave me a one time exception and reinstated my rate but said that it is hotel policy to charge either the RACK or cancelation penalty in case someone is caught using a rate that they shouldn't.

I guess even self proclaimed demigods can be wrong.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Look Ma No Hands
I recently found myself in a bit of a jam at a property in Mumbai. I had run out of my business cards and couldn't prove that I was entitled to the SET I was using. The hotel said they would charge me the RACK rate if I couldn't present my business card. I attempted to cancel and go somewhere else and they said they would charge me for the night as the cancelation deadline had passed.

I checked in on the RACK rate and the next morning asked my office to email the hotel letting them know I am entitled to the rate. The manager gave me a one time exception and reinstated my rate but said that it is hotel policy to charge either the RACK or cancelation penalty in case someone is caught using a rate that they shouldn't.

I love running into uninformed people... Making a dummy business card is so simple these days. I guess if I showed up with a business card showing 1600 Pennsylvania Ave as my address, I'll get the Presidential Suite?

I in no way support using rates you are not entitled to, but if a property attempted to add rules (like having ID) upon arrival, I'd have issue with that. If they won't honor the rate, providing all specified requirements have been met, then they are the ones breaching the contract and the guest should not be charged.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I love running into uninformed people... Making a dummy business card is so simple these days. I guess if I showed up with a business card showing 1600 Pennsylvania Ave as my address, I'll get the Presidential Suite?
you could try....let us know how it goes....

but seriously, i think people printing up fake business cards to get access to cheaper rates is disturbing....

I in no way support using rates you are not entitled to, but if a property attempted to add rules (like having ID) upon arrival, I'd have issue with that. If they won't honor the rate, providing all specified requirements have been met, then they are the ones breaching the contract and the guest should not be charged.
what specified requirements are you referring to????the only one that matters is to show they are entitled to the discounted rate they have booked....i have used set rates before where there was a requirement to show an id proving that i am entitled to that rate....the property would not be breaching the contract if they asked me to present the id....
Old Oct 8, 2015, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RNE

RNE, demigod.
hilarious....
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:23 pm
RNE

Two words: dispute it.

I said I was a demigod—not a god.

RNE, glad to have put a smile on Keyser's face.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RNE
RNE, glad to have put a smile on Keyser's face.
it sure did....^^
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:22 pm
RNE

Tell ya what. Everyone give me all your SET codes. I'll try 'em all and report back.

RNE, saying, "No, no. Don't thank me. That's just the kind of guy I am."
Old Oct 17, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Trouble booking SET rates?

My company has us book our stays directly, by entering the code into the app or website. Starting last night I'm not able to have any nights show as available across many locations. Is anyone else having a problem right now? I've done it this way for probably 200 stays in the last three years so I know how to book stays and I can't contract the travel department until Monday at the earliest.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ucfjoe
Starting last night I'm not able to have any nights show as available across many locations.
Starwood often pushes out bad IT upgrades on weekends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.