Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood Discount Codes (SET #)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I just checked rates for someone in late Dec after Xmas, but before NYE and their code had the 'check available dates' message...so out of curiosity, I checked a few more codes and they had the same message, and only one client's code worked...so it appears the hotels are pulling the space early.
More likely they used a date like 12/20 as the cutoff when loading the rates. Gotta gouge for the holidays, after all, no business will be conducted then.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Definitely seems to have been a big purge of codes. My normal edu one is not working anywhere so I'm going to have to track it down w the University if they've got a new one. Quite annoying
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Definitely seems to have been a big purge of codes. My normal edu one is not working anywhere so I'm going to have to track it down w the University if they've got a new one. Quite annoying
It looks like not only a code purge, but also some big names did not land contract renewals at some properties we usually book. It appears IBM has moved away from SPG in a big way and much of that business is going to Marriott and Hyatt, much to the chagrin of some of our clients and we're scrambling to find other options for them so they can maintain status and hit lifetime stay goals while still keeping with travel policies.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:06 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by bocastephen
It looks like not only a code purge, but also some big names did not land contract renewals at some properties we usually book. It appears IBM has moved away from SPG in a big way and much of that business is going to Marriott and Hyatt, much to the chagrin of some of our clients and we're scrambling to find other options for them so they can maintain status and hit lifetime stay goals while still keeping with travel policies.
Possible, but also possible the contracts just haven't been finalized. Also, you can call individual hotels and set up a contract with them directly. If they really did lose IBMs contract then they are likely very interested in signing something to recoup at least a part of those lost room nights. I ended up with a contract with the WGS in BKK for a small company I worked for during the IBM Starwood glut back in like '09.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:40 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Possible, but also possible the contracts just haven't been finalized. Also, you can call individual hotels and set up a contract with them directly. If they really did lose IBMs contract then they are likely very interested in signing something to recoup at least a part of those lost room nights. I ended up with a contract with the WGS in BKK for a small company I worked for during the IBM Starwood glut back in like '09.
That's going to be too much work for us, plus the teams we book for are all over the place, so they may have very few nights in specific properties, but many SPG nights overall.

I spoke with one manager who dropped IBM and it was the hotel taking the action, not IBM - IBM told them "we want A and B and C for x$" and the hotel laughed at them and said "take a hike".

I have an email into one other manager and I'm interested in their experience given how good the program was - I am guessing they told IBM to take a hike as well.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 7:39 am

Deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted

Last edited by skijosh; Mar 6, 2016 at 7:45 am
Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: SPG platinum, Best Western Platinum, SIXT platinum
Sheraton Maldives

hi,

we are going in November to Maldives and i was looking at the Sheraton Maldives.
I found it on Sunshine.co.uk cheaper, but SPG wont make a Best Rate claim as it is for British.. Whatever.
As we need 2 rooms together..

Does anyone know, if there is any Coorp. code i can use for this Sheraton?
Or any idea how to make the price go down?

Thanks a lot folks,

Michael
Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by Michael Myshu
Does anyone know, if there is any Coorp. code i can use for this Sheraton?
Or any idea how to make the price go down?
If you are looking for an illicit code, I doubt you will find any help here.

Here are some legitimate possibilities you could pursue:

* AAA - membership is cheaper than what you might save in one stay
* AARP ""
* ABA - "" You can be an associate member even if you are not a lawyer.
* Universities -- some allow alums to use their codes
Old Apr 18, 2016, 5:47 pm

Thanks for the heads up porciuscato, I have no idea why I didn't know the ABA had a discount code. May as well get my money's worth.
Old May 10, 2016, 2:06 pm

When I enter my company's SET Code into SPG.com, it pulls up the corp rate and then there is a note that says "eligible ID required at check-in". I have never tried booking a personal stay with the company SET #, so what can I expect? Will they honor the corp rate if I present my passport and it matches the name on the itinerary?

My work ID just has a name and picture on it (no company information), so I can't think of what "eligible ID" would mean.
Old May 10, 2016, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by gilcresr
When I enter my company's SET Code into SPG.com, it pulls up the corp rate and then there is a note that says "eligible ID required at check-in". I have never tried booking a personal stay with the company SET #, so what can I expect? Will they honor the corp rate if I present my passport and it matches the name on the itinerary?

My work ID just has a name and picture on it (no company information), so I can't think of what "eligible ID" would mean.
Does your company allow personal use of the company SET? If so, nothing to worry about - just show your ID and/or business card.
Old May 10, 2016, 4:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by gilcresr

Showing company ID should be sufficient. However, confirm things with your company's travel department.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:47 am

I've tried a number of bookings for this fall and into next year (roughly October through Feb) at a number of properties in various cities and none are displaying any rates for my SET code. Tried a few other SET codes I know and they all show "find available dates"; trying different dates/cities/properties still yields the same message.

Has anyone else noticed anything similar?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:04 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by zs58
I've tried a number of bookings for this fall and into next year (roughly October through Feb) at a number of properties in various cities and none are displaying any rates for my SET code. Tried a few other SET codes I know and they all show "find available dates"; trying different dates/cities/properties still yields the same message.

This was also noted yesterday the website bug thread, so with you report too, this seems to be a repeatable system error.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by zs58

I have found our company rates are loaded about once a year. This varies by property, especially if the property is offering a better local rate over the national rate. I would expect national rates perpetuate much longer, but again, not been my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.