Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

St. Regis London (Lanesborough) for 35GBP a night!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis London (Lanesborough) for 35GBP a night!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2005, 1:55 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
It is still working.

July 4-7th came up at £35 per night with £105 total.

Thanks rcs85551 for the 3 night tip ^

SPG gave me confirmation that I have printed, It appears under my reservations on my SPG account and I have a confirmation email from the Lanseborough.

Old Apr 13, 2005, 2:17 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
It should be kept in mind that the Lanesborough, while a St. Regis property, does not participate in SPG so stays will not accrue starpoints nor elite tier credit. SPG status will not grant you any upgrades; upgrades, even through Virtuoso and formerly Leading Hotels of the World were extremely tough to get.

However, a £35 a night rate for this property is literally robbery!! One cannot even stay at a Holiday Inn in Central London for that price, save perhaps, through Priceline.....
Old Apr 13, 2005, 2:39 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Seems to be gone - cannot find any dates in May, June or July at this rate... Good luck to those who got confirmed, however!

Greetings - Dirk
Old Apr 13, 2005, 2:49 am

Programs: Finnair, SAS, Hilton, SPG
Try August 25-28, still works!

Good luck!
Old Apr 13, 2005, 2:49 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
All I see are Summer Rates at £350 per night plus VAT.

Last edited by luxury; Apr 14, 2005 at 4:30 pm
Old Apr 13, 2005, 2:50 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
It's still there... but sold out on many dates.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 3:06 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
I booked for the same nights as you CT-UK. Why not ! I'm in London, but could do with the services of a Butler for a couple of days !

Also - if people are looking for a weekend, I got 18-21 August as well.

The free bottle of Champagne is probably worth more than one room night ....

Last edited by ozzie; Apr 13, 2005 at 3:14 am
Old Apr 13, 2005, 3:27 am

you need to specify 2 people per room. The rate does not appear without it.

Also to get weekend if you add the monday and tuesday the friday through sunday seems to become available.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, PC Gold, IC Ambassador
Also got 18th-21st Aug.

Tried to then get another room for friends to join us but now unavailable.

many, many thanks to OP!
Old Apr 13, 2005, 3:32 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 14, 2005 at 5:43 pm
Old Apr 13, 2005, 3:42 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
Looks like they have found it / are fixing it. No availability on any date at any rate all through july and August.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 3:49 am

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
wow

managed to get 18-21 july and 18-21 august, although no availability showing now

should be nice to come home from work to...stayed at the lanesborough before when my house flooded. very nice.

do we think they'll honour it?

new to spg so not sure what the situation has been in the past when they've made a mistake like this
Old Apr 13, 2005, 3:55 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by dhoward
managed to get 18-21 july and 18-21 august, although no availability showing now

should be nice to come home from work to...stayed at the lanesborough before when my house flooded. very nice.

do we think they'll honour it?

new to spg so not sure what the situation has been in the past when they've made a mistake like this
For those who have now booked airfare for this: if the hotel chooses to dishono(u)r a confirmed reservation, then it should be very interesting to see how they settle with those who have relied upon the representations of the confirmed reservations.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
UK contract law on these things is clear, but the internet equivalent is opaque.

A retailer has the right not to accept your order if there is a pricing mistake. For example, if a press ad for a car prices it wrongly, they can legally refuse to accept your order when you walk in to buy one.

However, arguably, when the Starwood website accepted your reservation then it had accepted your order. It cannot now wriggle out of it unless the T&C of the booking give it the right to unilaterally cancel your booking.

However (again) various test cases with website pricing errors seem to have decided that companies can get out of fulfilling your order because a human being has not been involved in accepting the order.

We shall see. My gut feeling is they may try to wriggle out of it because, if not, they are lumbered with it all Summer. Its not the same as an airline making a pricing mistake on one day, which they can get over and done with quickly. The airport transfers are also a good reason to cancel the rooms.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 4:46 am
Suspended

seems gone..trying all dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.