Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

St. Regis London (Lanesborough) for 35GBP a night!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis London (Lanesborough) for 35GBP a night!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2005, 3:06 pm

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
Originally Posted by NYEsq
I just had a great weekend stay at the hotel. Bottle of champagne was chilling as we got there and we got a continental breakfast for free after asking them to remove the charge from our bill. All in all, a phenomenal hotel that I will be back to!
how did that work? did they apologise and just remove it or did you have to argue?
Old Aug 9, 2005, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dhoward
how did that work? did they apologise and just remove it or did you have to argue?
All I did was mention that our rate included continental breakfast. Otherwise, it it is 39 quid for 2. They took it right off - no arguing. I think they probably just didn't want a scene, but I'm not complaining.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
$34.00 per person for a continental breakfast?

Ha, ha, ha, ho, ho, ho.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 3:50 am
cxn

Great Hotel, Great Stay

My wife and I were able to take advantage of the 3 night offer from the Lanesborough Hotel in London.

I would just like to say, this is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. I even prefer it over the St. Regis NY as the St. Regis seems busier as well as more crowded. The staff was very accommodating to our needs. They went above and beyond with their service towards my wife and me.

Here are the positives about this hotel.

Large Room, at least ours was.
*ALL* movies included.
Internet Access included.
Daily Fruit included
Water, both Still and Sparkling included
Very Friendly Staff, never had a problem working with them.
Nice Hotel, recently renovated.
Small, quaint.

Only negative:

No Starpoints to earn or redeem.

This would be a great hotel for others to try out. Even if the starpoints were a cat 6 like Bora Bora.

Will have to go back in the future. When you start to add all the additional benfifits, like Internet Access, Free Movies, Water, etc, the price doesn’t look like it is much higher then it other hotels in London. Plus, if you know the Park Lane Hotel, this Hotel is much better in quality, maybe 3 – 4 times higher quality.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Anyone successful in getting the reservation transferred to later in the year? I was not.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I can't IMAGINE that they would offer such flexibility...
Old Sep 12, 2005, 7:45 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by gleff
I can't IMAGINE that they would offer such flexibility...
Nor can I.
Old Oct 23, 2005, 3:13 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Sorry to dig this thread up again but I was thinking that some more people must have stayed on thsi rate by now, How did you all get on?
Old Oct 23, 2005, 7:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by CT-UK
Sorry to dig this thread up again but I was thinking that some more people must have stayed on thsi rate by now, How did you all get on?
You'll see quite a few descriptions in the earlier posts on this thread....
It was great for all of us I think! ^ ^ ^
Old Oct 23, 2005, 10:09 am
Suspended

Mine went off without a hitch.

But I heard something about a certain room in the 200s that had major bathtub issues and having to deal with it being repaired on two or three out of three nights.
Old Oct 23, 2005, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA 2MM 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Premier
Mine was great! If I have the disposable income, I'd stay here again (unless another "mistake" comes online beforehand!)
Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:31 am
Suspended

Bringing back an old thread....

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Mine went off without a hitch.

But I heard something about a certain room in the 200s that had major bathtub issues and having to deal with it being repaired on two or three out of three nights.
Did that bathtub ever get fixed and what was the hotel management's response to that issue and others on these rates?

What systematic fixes has Starwood or the hotel management put in place so rate "errors" like this or far more obvious errors don't happen in the future? Going by the LeMeridien Thailand rate debacle, apparently nothing robust enough to prevent such rate errors has been put into effect between April 2005 and today. Why not?
Old Dec 7, 2006, 1:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GUWonder
. . . Going by the LeMeridien Thailand rate debacle, apparently nothing robust enough to prevent such rate errors has been put into effect between April 2005 and today. Why not?
Perhaps, but given your enthusiastic participation in both, it would seem their lack of response suits your true desires quite nicely.

(You're certainly far from alone here on FT. )
Old Dec 7, 2006, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Perhaps, but given your enthusiastic participation in both, it would seem their lack of response suits your true desires quite nicely.

(You're certainly far from alone here on FT. )
^^ ROTFLOL ^^

The Thailand debacle I didn't expect to be honored. The Lanesborough one I did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.