Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2007, 10:31 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by PforPlatinum
Hi Idsant, or any SEA local folks,
I'm going to stay Sheraton-Westin in begining of July, and have a few questions about Parking.
(I stayed Sheraton and W a few times before, used parking.)

Q1. My last stay at Sheraton Seattle, massive construction was on-going, and they said dur to construction they had valet parking only (no self parking). Is it still the case? I mean, is construction over and self parking allowed now ?

Q2. I never been Westin Seattle before - Do they have self parking? How much is valet? (Well, I guess I'll call Hotel directly about this later,)
How easy/difficult to do self park at Westin Seattle, compared to Sheraton Seattle?

Thanks,
Unless you are planning on going outside of town I would HIGHLY recommend you do not have a car. There is free bus ride zone downtown and with the summer season parking and traffic are a bear. Yes, there is still construction at the Sheraton Seattle (as of yesterday) and valet parking. Lots of conventions as well so oftentimes it is "full." There is parking in the City Center garage which is across the street as well as the WAC but I don't think they're overnight garages.

Yes, the Westin has both self-park and valet parking. It will run you approximately $30 per day.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 10:06 am

Programs: CO Plat(soon Premier Gold) PC lifetime(UC Life?) SPG Plat(Soon Gold)
My plan is mostly to visit downtown area, but last stay is at Sheraton Bellevue and considering one day trip to Mt. Rainier area.

I guess I will rent from city rental car office for last 2 days and retun at airport.

Thank you for your advice and update.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 11:34 am
In memoriam

My plan is mostly to visit downtown area, but last stay is at Sheraton Bellevue and considering one day trip to Mt. Rainier area.

I guess I will rent from city rental car office for last 2 days and retun at airport.

Thank you for your advice and update.
Much smarter plan imo! Trust me, it will save you a lot of $ and aggravation
Old Jan 14, 2008, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Was debating among the Seattle properties and finally found this thread.

The current Break Free promo is offering some stellar rates (alas non-ref) for these properties: Sheraton @ $125/nt and Westin or W @ $149/nt.

The Sheraton is very tempting, but I will probably go with the Marriott Waterfront as they have treated me well in the past and are closer to the tourist attractions.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 7:34 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Platinum, AS MVP Gold
Any advice for Seattle Area?

Hi,

I will be staying in the Seattle area for a weekend with my family. I have already tried Sheraton Bellevue and Sheraton Downtown. The second is not good for families. Any experiance with the "W" or the Westin?
Old Mar 31, 2008, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA-GS,1.95MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorer
Smile Seattle

I just got back from there and stayed two nights at the Sheraton Seattle hotel (1400 6th Ave) and two nights at the Westin (1900 5th Ave). Both hotels were very nice. Only downside to Sheraton was they only had valet parking, but everything else were great. We valet at Weston, but not sure if that was the only option or not. Had an amazing upgrade at the Westin, so was extremely happy. When I go back in a few weeks, I'm sticking with these two.

-Paul
Old Mar 31, 2008, 8:01 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by wissam
Hi,

I will be staying in the Seattle area for a weekend with my family. I have already tried Sheraton Bellevue and Sheraton Downtown. The second is not good for families. Any experiance with the "W" or the Westin?
Hi wissam,

If you look at the top of the SPG forum page you will see a sticky called "The SPG Forum FAQ & Hotel Master Thread Links ". In that sticky there is a general thread for which Seattle hotel is better along with master threads for the W, Westin, etc. Those should be very helpful for you and contain lot's of experience and wisdom on the W and Westin as asked.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 8:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Smile

Hi,

Hi wissam and welcome to flyertalk.

It's not indicated if you've done a search for Seattle properties, here on Flyertalk. Just so you know, if you do a search (located on the dark blue bar) using the word "Seattle" you find previous information on the various Seattle properties.

You can then open up any of those threads and review them (by date if you chose to do so) and ask any additional questions you might have. Someone will be sure to post a response. You'll need to hang out here on flyertalk for a while and use the search feature a dozen or so times before you start to get the feel of things, but remember, the search feature is your friend

Here are three Seattle threads to get you started.
Seattle Area General Discussion Thread (Where to stay? Which hotel is better? etc.)
Westin Seattle [Master Thread]
W Hotel Seattle [Master Thread]

Please let us know where you decide to stay and be sure to come back and tell us about the experience.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
stayed @ all 3 *woods

Sheraton- very nice & clean.
W- good but don't get the 4th floor that faces the street. I head every bus from 430 AM & ON!!!
Westin- very nice, too. Got an amazing upgrade to Cascade suite. 3 adjoining rooms. Slept in one, made coffee in the other, & ironed my shirt in the living room!!

For me its a coin toss btwn the Sheraton & Westin.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
Why do you think S/Downtown is not family friendly? It has a great club lounge, if you get access, which can save you a ton of money if you're traveling with kids. Also, the pool on top is good. It's also located in the heart of things. I would think the W and Westin are even less family friendly.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 1:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
If you are asking "Which Seattle *wood is best," then I agree with some others - W Seattle, but it all depends what do you expect to *wood, and each person's expectation is different, based on member level, how much to spend, etc.

But I know you are asking "Which Seattle *wood has the best location ??"
This also depends on what will you do, where will you go, whether you use public transportation or rental car, etc.

In either case, if you do simple search, type "Seattle" on "Search this Forum", you will find a few useful threads including "Seattle Properties - MASTER THREAD".
or Seattle: Westin or Sheraton?

I usualy don't throw "Do search first" line but in this case the question is too ambiguous and has too much dependency, I think nobody but yourself can help...
Will be in Seattle 1 night Saturday 4/26 as SPG Gold. Between the 3 properties, only the W and the Sheraton are in my price range ($159 and $179 respectively) - any comments on these? I mostly stay at LM and haven't liked the 1 Sheraton (Bellevue) I've stayed at. Not familiar with W very much. I'd like to know if I might get upgraded, and if so to what. Location doesn't matter too much. I appreciate any recent feedback.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 2:44 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by psychtobe
Will be in Seattle 1 night Saturday 4/26 as SPG Gold. Between the 3 properties, only the W and the Sheraton are in my price range ($159 and $179 respectively) - any comments on these? I mostly stay at LM and haven't liked the 1 Sheraton (Bellevue) I've stayed at. Not familiar with W very much. I'd like to know if I might get upgraded, and if so to what. Location doesn't matter too much. I appreciate any recent feedback.
There are many threads through the master thread list about the properties. Both Sheraton and W treat Platinums well but Golds will be put on the Starwood floor and that's about it. I wouldn't pay $179 for the Sheraton though unless you want a pool/health club - it's better than the W on that.

If location doesn't matter then go with the less expensive one so you can spend it on a good meal and good wine
Old Apr 22, 2008, 6:55 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Platinum, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by DesertRat
Why do you think S/Downtown is not family friendly? It has a great club lounge, if you get access, which can save you a ton of money if you're traveling with kids. Also, the pool on top is good. It's also located in the heart of things. I would think the W and Westin are even less family friendly.
I was wrong about Sheraton Seattle. I have tried the W first... It was fancy as expected, but the only upgrade I've gotten (on a weekend) was a higher floor! There was no club lounge. No breakfast coupon. No coffie in the room. Worst of all, no swimming pool. I have checked out and I went to the Sheraton. The room was as fancy, and yes they gave me a nice upgrade. My son loved the pool, and I have tried the club lounge too... It seems as it is the best choice.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 7:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
I was wrong about Sheraton Seattle. I have tried the W first... It was fancy as expected, but the only upgrade I've gotten (on a weekend) was a higher floor! There was no club lounge. No breakfast coupon. No coffie in the room. Worst of all, no swimming pool. I have checked out and I went to the Sheraton. The room was as fancy, and yes they gave me a nice upgrade. My son loved the pool, and I have tried the club lounge too... It seems as it is the best choice.
Is there a reason why you thought there would be:
  • A club lounge? Lounges are only at Sheraton, Westin and Le Meridien Brands
  • A pool?
  • A breakfast coupon? It's not a part of the SPG program, although there are select properties that give coupons on occasion.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot LTP, Hyatt Globalist
Seattle

We prefer the Sheraton Seattle. I found the Westin to be a little tired and not as well located. Great upgrades and terrific Club Lounge. I also prefer the traditional rooms as opposed to the Deluxe (higher floors but older rooms). I find they have better views and they're closer to the Lounge. The only drawback at the Sheraton is the high fee for parking....I believe it was $35 daily last time I was there. Have fun!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.