W Hotel Seattle [Master Thread]

Old Aug 9, 2004, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak, Starwood, AAdvantage
Arrow W Hotel Seattle [Master Thread]

I stayed at the W Seattle this weekend and was recongized as Gold at check-in ("We have your Gold membership here on your reservation, so we have you on a higher floor."). Just to be on the safe side, I asked if late check-out was possibe and the response was, "Of course! Would 4PM be OK?" Our room was nice, no problems with thin/greying towels or sheets as others posted in the past, and because we were on a higher floor, we could catch glympses of the Blue Angels doing their air show. The room service was good too, they have excellent chocolate milk shakes. I found it to be slightly nicer than the Westin, but not so much nicer that it's worth paying a lot more for.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 6:44 pm

Programs: Aeropolan Super Elite SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Seattle W

Just stayed at the Seattle W. As a *gold I got the royal treatment:

Upgraded to a Kool Korner Room
Two cocktails at the W Bar
$25 dollar per person 3 course dinner at Earth and Ocean

Everything that W did fit the unique perosnality of both W and seattle - the W Seattle is a wonderful experience
Old Nov 29, 2004, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Indeed, this W property is a favorite of many here on FT (including me). ^
Old Nov 29, 2004, 11:06 pm

Programs: MR PL, Hyatt GP Diamond, HH Gold, UA Silver, WN A-LIst, National EE
I am usually on a pretty strict hotel budget, and the boss likes me to keep things in the $100/night or so range. I took advantage of the $129 internet special that was floated around a few months back, and am so glad that I did. This was easily the nicest hotel in which I stayed this year. All of my travel is domestic, and at $100/night, I am clearly not staying at Ritz-Carltons, so save the "XXX is nicer" -- because I am sure at about $450/night, it should be.

I was also upgraded to a corner room. On one of the higher floors, I had a beautiful view of downtown, the water, the needle, etc. The only thing I didn't get was Ranier, but I think that was more a function of weather.

Because I don't say it nearly enough....

Thanks FT!

Stevekoe
Old Nov 30, 2004, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
[QUOTE=stevekoe]I am usually on a pretty strict hotel budget, and the boss likes me to keep things in the $100/night or so range. I took advantage of the $129 internet special that was floated around a few months back, and am so glad that I did. This was easily the nicest hotel in which I stayed this year. All of my travel is domestic, and at $100/night, I am clearly not staying at Ritz-Carltons, so save the "XXX is nicer" -- because I am sure at about $450/night, it should be.

I was also upgraded to a corner room. On one of the higher floors, I had a beautiful view of downtown, the water, the needle, etc. The only thing I didn't get was Ranier, but I think that was more a function of weather.

Because I don't say it nearly enough....

Thanks FT!
[QUOTE=stevekoe]

Stevekoe, you and I are in the same boat when it comes to hotel stays...keep it around $100! It's a pain, but I do seem to find some great deals like the one you described above....seen a lot of 4 points in my days, but on occasion I can treat myself to a W or Westin! Just scored a room at the Hyatt downtown (FFN's is a must)Cincy for $95 this Thursday! You gotta be resourceful to not stay in total dumps....got any tips on how to get good rooms cheap?!?

Last edited by bsdstone; Nov 30, 2004 at 6:40 am
Old Nov 30, 2004, 7:22 am

Programs: UA-1K, SPG-Plat & Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by gbeaumont
Just stayed at the Seattle W. As a *gold I got the royal treatment:

Upgraded to a Kool Korner Room
Two cocktails at the W Bar
$25 dollar per person 3 course dinner at Earth and Ocean

Everything that W did fit the unique perosnality of both W and seattle - the W Seattle is a wonderful experience
Stayed there three weeks ago, was upgraded to Kool Korner room on high floor and as a Plat usual amenity at check but no cocktails or discount meal, is this a one off?

First time to Seattle great city and good hotel very simialr to W in San Francisco
Old Nov 30, 2004, 8:01 am

Programs: Aeropolan Super Elite SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by NorthernFlyerUK
Stayed there three weeks ago, was upgraded to Kool Korner room on high floor and as a Plat usual amenity at check but no cocktails or discount meal, is this a one off?

First time to Seattle great city and good hotel very simialr to W in San Francisco
I beleive that it was a one off - the W is particpating in Dine out seattle and it was my birthday!
Old Nov 30, 2004, 12:38 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
This is a great hotel. The bar in the Living Room makes some great drinks, and Earth and Ocean is an excellent restaurant.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 5:07 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
I was doing a search here and elsewhere on the web bc I have an upcoming stay at the W Seattle in Feb.

and I ran across this funny story:
"At the height of the WTO riots, two guests at the W Seattle decided to get married. . . the following day. As there were no judges, justices, or ministers handy concierge Daniel Petzoldt got ordained on-line. Actually, he says, becoming the minister was the easiest part. Compared to arranging the flowers, restaurant, and tuxes on a twenty-four hour notice. Or learning how to speak French in a day (the bilingual couple wrote their own vows). Or breaking through screaming mobs of people to get into the courthouse. Not surprising then that the Seattle branch has been voted as the W with the best service"

And I thought Andrea at the Florence Excelsior was "super-concierge" after he ran out to a newstand to get me a SIM chip one night.

The W Seattle was one of the first W's I ever stayed at and I loved it then. I'm looking forward to staying there again.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 8:15 am

Wow. Every stay I've had here (only three, as I think about it) has defined 'bummer' in my book. Twice I've had a noisy room that looked out on a brick wall. Though I'm Platinum, I don't demand much in the way of special treatment (upgraded room, amenity, whatever) and I've never received anything, except staff attitude. Sincerely glad to hear that my experience is not typical.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 9:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Wow. Every stay I've had here (only three, as I think about it) has defined 'bummer' in my book. Twice I've had a noisy room that looked out on a brick wall. Though I'm Platinum, I don't demand much in the way of special treatment (upgraded room, amenity, whatever) and I've never received anything, except staff attitude. Sincerely glad to hear that my experience is not typical.

Its kinda of a strage hotel that way. The front desk isn't empowered to upgrade you to a suite, so you need to call the rooms manager before you arrive. I havr always had a positive experience, but I ALWAYS have to go out of my way to ensure benefits are received.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 10:29 am

Programs: AA MM, SPG Plat., HHonors GLD, Hertz PC
I've stayed there 3-times & had a corner room each time. And being Gold, I never expected that room each time
Next time I'm in Seattle - I'm there again
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:06 am
Suspended

Corner rooms are the standard upgrade. Getting a suite there takes some work.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA GS 3Million, Marriott/SPG LIFETIME Platinum - current Titanium, HHonors Diamond
Having stayed there dozens of times before *wood put the kibosh on vendors using government rates, I can say that the upgrade and room situation (unmanaged) is potluck based on their loads. I ended up with a room facing the kreiglights of the parking lot next door - complained later and was assured that I should make sure to call the next time (not that I or my PA want ot be doing that all of the time) and I'd get a better room. It does work. However, you should try the Hotel Vintage Plaza sometime for a better room without the flash...
Old Jan 14, 2005, 3:00 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mtacchi
Corner rooms are the standard upgrade. Getting a suite there takes some work.
Can you explain in more detail? It looks as if this hotel might be my inaugural visit as a Plat, and it would be great to score a suite, if possible!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.