Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2010, 8:16 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by shyam99
Are the views generally good on the higher floors at the Westin Bellevue as well? Most of my work is in the Redmond area, but I don't mind driving from downtown if the Westin Bellevue's higher floors are not as good as the views from Westin/Sheraton Seattle.
No, I wouldn't call the views from the Westin Bellevue amazing since the top half of the building are private residences. You certainly can't get a view of the Sound.

However, the Westin Bellevue is a far nicer property than the Westin Seattle.

If you do have to stay downtown, my #1 choice is the Sheraton Seattle.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Reading this thread made me MORE confused! I'm supposed to go to Seattle over my birthday weekend. I thought it was a no-brainer, after all, Ws (in MY opinion) are usually the best choice. Now I'm stumped.

The Westin's and W's rates are within a few dollars of each others with Westin being a bit more. Sheraton's is booked all weekend. And I REALLY wanted to stay there after reading this thread.

I'm going to be alone on my birthday so I'd like to at least be happy in the hotel room. The view isn't as important to me as say, a suite upgrade. As a Plat I've spent many birthdays at the W Lakeshore with amazing upgrades, but it sounds as if this W in Seattle isn't big on suite upgrades. I stay at a lot of Westins but usually prefer Ws. However, if this W is as rundown as it sounds, I wouldn't like it. Are the properties close to each other? Maybe I should try both?

I have one meeting and the rest of the time is mine. I've never been to Seattle so I'd like to be in a central area. I love the properties with club lounges but it sounds as if the Sheraton had the only club lounge

I was disappointed to see no airport location. I would've liked to stay at an airport hotel the night before I fly.

But between all of them, is the consensus really the Sheraton? Interesting. I wonder why Westin is more than W? Any other opinions or advice?

Last edited by thaliajen; Oct 19, 2010 at 4:25 pm
Old Oct 19, 2010, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
I just noticed that I can stay at the Four Seasons for cheaper than W or Westin. I'm tempted, but when I think of all those points I'd be throwing away, it makes me a little sick to my stomach. I wonder if being there over my birthday would help at W for a suite UG? Probably not. I'm going back and forth on this. Turns out that Westin has a good cash/points deal, so it would be less money to stay there. But W might have a Bliss spa...a nice massage would be a birthday gift to myself. Why must the Sheraton be full?
Old Oct 19, 2010, 9:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
I really liked the W, but I do not have positive things to say about the Westin, but will offer some constructive advice. The hotel rates at both of these Seattle *woods fluctuate a lot and I have been able to get several BRG claims (+2K bonus points) using Kayak.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:04 pm

What is Kayak? I've never heard of it. I sure could use some extra points or cheaper rates, if that's part of it.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
I use Kayak.com to compare hotel prices. You can filter by brand so for Seattle I would uncheck all then select only Starwood which will then show the Westin, W and Sheraton and perhaps the Bellvue hotels. Then compare to BAR on the SPG website. If the same then try again a few days later unless you are pressed for time in which case better luck next time
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:34 pm

Wow, thanks, I'll check it out. I wonder, if I book through them do I still get my Starwood points? Hmmmm. I'm still thinking about the 4 Seasons. If their price is cheaper (it is) than the W, and W isn't going to UG me to a suite, maybe I should go to 4 Seasons. I don't need the "stay" and as long as I'm stuck in a room, it may as well be the 4 Seasons. Or maybe there's another luxury hotel.

I'm trying to decide, and I think that Kayak will help me choose. Thanks again!
Old Oct 20, 2010, 7:39 am

You won't get points if you book through Kayak or any other 3rd party website. You still need to book through SPG. If you find a lower price you submit the BRG claim then they will instruct you to purchase rate on SPG and the hotel will provide you with the lower price as per BRG email. 2K points post after your stay. Good luck.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 8:35 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by thaliajen
Reading this thread made me MORE confused! I'm supposed to go to Seattle over my birthday weekend. I thought it was a no-brainer, after all, Ws (in MY opinion) are usually the best choice. Now I'm stumped.
Click through to "Hotel Offers" and you'll usually find weekend deals that don't come up through the regular booking process.

The Macy's/shopping deal for a $100 gift certificate is particularly lucrative. You could buy a candy bar and get the rest back in cash.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:23 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
I haven't stayed at the W but I've had drinks there - definitely can be a lively crowd. I stay a lot at both the Westin and Sheraton. I get upgraded to suites more often at the Sheraton but some of the upgrades at the Westin have been outright spectacular on the top floor suites with sweeping views of Puget Sound - If I don't get upgrades it has always been an oversized room on the top 5 floors.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 1:43 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IC AMB
Plus, neither the Sheraton nor the Westin are participating in the current Every Night Counts promo, so no double/triple SPG points.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 2:03 pm

So if the W is in that Promo, it's kind of a no-brainer. I need to check my Chicago stay on Friday and see if they are a part of it. May have to switch THAT, as well.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 2:06 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by thaliajen
So if the W is in that Promo, it's kind of a no-brainer. I need to check my Chicago stay on Friday and see if they are a part of it. May have to switch THAT, as well.
I believe the only hotel in the Seattle area participating in Every Night Counts is the Sheraton Bellevue.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Oct 20, 2010 at 2:12 pm
Old Oct 20, 2010, 4:30 pm

You are correct. It figures, right? The more expensive of my stays is that weekend and no matter where I stay, I don't qualify for the extra points. Maybe I WILL try the Four Seasons. The W doesn't UG to suites often and the Westin doesn't sound like the best, and the Sheraton is booked. Maybe if I wait a few rooms at the Sheraton will open up?

Fun, fun, fun for my birthday this year. Alone in a hotel room after one short meeting. I hope there's good PPV movies! Why couldn't this have been Chicago? I so miss the Lakeshore W and the fuss they made over my birthdays. Oh well, I can't exactly feel sorry for myself. There are worse things than having to go to Seattle for 3 nights. I've just got to get into it.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: Marriott, Starwood, UA, American
Seattle - Sheraton or Westin?

I'll be in Seattle on Thursday night and wanted to get some input on the Sheraton vs. the Westin downtown. Both hotels are very close, and the difference in price is about $3 for me. Anyone have experience in these hotels? Preferences?

My main criteria is overall hotel quality, as well as chance of a nice platinum upgrade. Bars in or near the hotel are also of interest.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!
Dan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.