Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:55 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Too bad, the Westin Bellevue is far better, IMO.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by craz
I chose The Westin thinking as a Plat I would have a good chance at 1 of the rooms with a great view that some have mentioned.Dont know if these were the Jr or reg Suites and a reg room would have done me good (only 1 night) as long as it had that View to it
The view can be pretty spectacular if you get high enough and ask for a room with a water view.

One reason the select floors may be lower is that people get tired of going up and down the elevators. But that seems silly.

I basically lived there for a year (during the week) and maybe twice saw a suite upgrade. I chose the Westin over the Sheraton because it was a block closer to work, felt less hectic (the Sheraton can be an absolute zoo), and had better room service. I don't really care if I have a suite or if there is a club lounge. And the dated feel of the westin didn't bother me...except for the bathrooms. That bothered me, but I lived with it.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
1 night only here for me

Since I'm gone for the day, and don't mind packing up a small suitcase, checking out and checking into the Sheraton tonight. Happy to provide a direct comparison between the two.

From walking around, *maybe* the Westin has a slightly better location IMO, closer to Pike Place and all that (though the Sheraton is close). But I'd say this is definitely one of the more tired Westins I've stayed at (and I've been to a bunch). For a similar price, if the Sheraton is nicer and if you have a better chance of an upgrade (plus a lounge), seems to be the way to go.

Of course, this is exactly what was said in this forum - I need to get over my Westin vs. Sheraton bias!
Old Aug 18, 2010, 9:22 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
in the sheraton as I type this. the lounge is very pleasant with a nice selection of appetizers, cheeses and chocolate covered strawberries . wines by the glass at a reasonable price. for such a large hotel I think they run it quite well.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:20 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by abk
in the sheraton as I type this. the lounge is very pleasant with a nice selection of appetizers, cheeses and chocolate covered strawberries . wines by the glass at a reasonable price. for such a large hotel I think they run it quite well.
^

My order of preference in Seattle is: Sheraton, W, Westin

IMO, the renovated rooms in the Sheraton are better than the rooms at the W.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Sheraton >>>>> Westin

Great decision to check out of the Westin and into the Sheraton. Highlights:

- everything is new, new, new feeling here
- they had me on the club floor but upgraded me to a jr suite. single room, but huge, with a bathroom probably 4x the size over at the Westin
- club lounge is new, spacious, nice, with a solid food selection
- 2-story(!) gym is among the nicest I've seen at any SPG property - 25 different cardio machines, huge glass window view overlooking N/E
- as mentioned, lounge is huge and nice

For the same price, you're crazy to stay at the Westin over the Sheraton (and this comes from a Westin lover).
Old Aug 18, 2010, 11:41 pm
Suspended

Thanks just 1 last thing, seems that most that Luv the Sheraton get to SEA very often, so having a room with a view to die for isnt important theyve seen it all already.

But someone going for 1 night who never stayed in the city and has no idea when they will be back there again, will you still say the Sheraton over the Westin if they can get a room with the view. Lounge not important for night time as it will be closed when I get back, so all I'll miss is breakfast in the morn, but with a noon flight out and being in FC that isnt that important either.

Are there rooms with the same type of views in The Sher as in The Westin?

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Great decision to check out of the Westin and into the Sheraton. Highlights:

- everything is new, new, new feeling here
- they had me on the club floor but upgraded me to a jr suite. single room, but huge, with a bathroom probably 4x the size over at the Westin
- club lounge is new, spacious, nice, with a solid food selection
- 2-story(!) gym is among the nicest I've seen at any SPG property - 25 different cardio machines, huge glass window view overlooking N/E
- as mentioned, lounge is huge and nice

For the same price, you're crazy to stay at the Westin over the Sheraton (and this comes from a Westin lover).
Old Aug 19, 2010, 6:52 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Thanks just 1 last thing, seems that most that Luv the Sheraton get to SEA very often, so having a room with a view to die for isnt important theyve seen it all already.

But someone going for 1 night who never stayed in the city and has no idea when they will be back there again, will you still say the Sheraton over the Westin if they can get a room with the view. Lounge not important for night time as it will be closed when I get back, so all I'll miss is breakfast in the morn, but with a noon flight out and being in FC that isnt that important either.

Last September I chose the Westin over the Sheraton only for the view because my dad was with me and he had never been to Seattle. Each room has a nice view (some, of course, better than others). With that said, other times I stay at the Sheraton as the opportunity to get an upgrade is better, the rooms are "newer", and the bathrooms are larger.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My Sound view was a bit better from the Westin, but I have a pretty good one too right now (30th floor). And - if looking at the Sound from your room, you get a view 180 degrees in the other direction up in the gym!

Re-affirmed my decision to stay at the W in Nov i/o the Westin for the Star MegaDo.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:43 am

Don't know about the view at the Sheraton. As for the Westin, if you can call ahead or ask your plat concierge, go as high as you can get and ask for one of the rooms at the end of the hall in the north tower. You want the end of the hall that's to your right as you leave the elevators. Great view of the water and the space needle. But really anything from the rooms on the right as you leave the elevator will have good views of the water.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 8:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by boolean64
Don't know about the view at the Sheraton. As for the Westin, if you can call ahead or ask your plat concierge, go as high as you can get and ask for one of the rooms at the end of the hall in the north tower. You want the end of the hall that's to your right as you leave the elevators. Great view of the water and the space needle. But really anything from the rooms on the right as you leave the elevator will have good views of the water.
Bingo THANKS

Ordinarily Id go with the masses and would have stayed by the Sheraton for the Lounge,newness, and larger bathroom and room size itself.

But being its only a 1 nighter and 1st time staying DT to me Id rather have a great view and put up with the cons of the place, Now had the Sheraton had rooms with the same view then I would have gone there and hoped for getting 1 of those rooms. But from you have said its a much better chance getting a great view at The Westin.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:01 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Interesting point about the Sheraton Seattle. I just received my bill for a two nights cash and points stay. It was supposed to be $60 plus 15.6% tax not included in the rate. The bill actually came to $51.9 plus tax to end up at an even $60.00. This is the first time I have seen this type of thing.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 7:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by boolean64
THANKS did just that last Thurs night, told them I wasnt interested in a Suite but would rather have a room on Top with the Sound & Needle view, N Tower .

She said I will see what I can do I threw in I also have a noon flight out of SEA so no 4pm checkout for me, just really would love a room with that view.

Checked my res online and sure enough High floor Deluxe with Sound View, I understand it can be taken away but at least they seem to be willing to work with me, now hopefully the showers will be early morn and not spoil my view
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Starwood Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Are the views generally good on the higher floors at the Westin Bellevue as well? Most of my work is in the Redmond area, but I don't mind driving from downtown if the Westin Bellevue's higher floors are not as good as the views from Westin/Sheraton Seattle.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 6:00 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by shyam99
Are the views generally good on the higher floors at the Westin Bellevue as well? Most of my work is in the Redmond area, but I don't mind driving from downtown if the Westin Bellevue's higher floors are not as good as the views from Westin/Sheraton Seattle.
I wouldn't do that just because the drive is such a hassle factor during "rush hour." The Hyatt Bellevue has AMAZING views.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.