Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Westin Seattle [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2001, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Arrow Westin Seattle [Master Thread]

Hello All:

Has anyone stayed at the Seattle Westin on 5th. I am contemplating between this and the W on 4th. W is a little more, but wanted to see how the Westin was first. Thanks
Old Feb 24, 2002, 3:12 pm

Westin Seattle [Master Thread]

Hi friends,

I have stayed in a number of members of the Sheraton family, but quite honestly, it's been years since I stayed at a Westin.

Has anyone stayed at the Westin Seattle? It always looked gorgeous from the outside when I've stayed at the Seattle Sheraton Towers which I thought was a fine hotel (and I was there during the Earthquake last year).

So what's the scoop on the Westin?
I am SPGold.
Any info is appreciated...

Service?
Upgrades?
Differences between towers?
Dining?
Bar?
Things to avoid?
Things to ask for?
Good/Bad experiences?

Thanks, Aisles...
Old Feb 24, 2002, 6:46 pm

I haven't stayed at this hotel, but I do visit the great sushi restaurant in the basement just about every time I'm in Seattle. The piano bar in the lobby is often bustling.
Old Feb 24, 2002, 6:55 pm

Great upgrades for Platinums. They hired a gentleman from SPG's Salt Lake City's desk. He understands the program...

Old Feb 24, 2002, 8:03 pm

I stayed at the Westin Seattle last year on a free Friday and free Saturday. As a platinum, I didn't receive any sort of upgrade that I remember... maybe a higher floor? The room was only OK.. it was obvious that the room was quite old... but the view was decent. Was this once Westin's flagship hotel?

The other things that I recall: no Club Lounge, and they also tried to charge me the "energy surcharge" despite the fact that it was supposed to be covered by the free Friday and free Saturday.
Old Feb 24, 2002, 9:02 pm

Like mentioned by warmsnickers, the Suchi bar down below is great
Old Feb 24, 2002, 9:05 pm

Thanks for all the great feedback...

In addition, I did do a search after the reminder from UpgradeMe and found even more great info.

Funny, how I forgot to do a search after not really posting for about 4 months due to extreme work and a lot of low bandwidth connections when on the road

Thanks again everyone!
I'll continue to check if anyone has any additional comments!
Old Feb 25, 2002, 12:55 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Had a great stay there - probably it was an upgrade to a wonderful room on the 40th (maybe it was the 42nd) floor with a spectacular view of Puget Sound. Everyone was very friendly, helpful. It would be my first choice on a return visit to SEA.
Old Feb 25, 2002, 7:32 am

I'm staying there this Friday night. I'll check in too late for the sushi bar, though.

Old Feb 25, 2002, 11:40 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I have great memories of this property & its water views in the good old Westin days.When Westins corporate office was still located there.
Don't know the current situation.But how wonderful to hear a Salt Lack City person is there now at the hotel. The Salt Lake City plat line is missed greatly by this Spg member.The Wesin Seattle used to do a highly satisfactory job and had top notch conceirge.
The hotel had shown wear even in those days.Hope it has been kept up since the
1997 1998 days.The really did a fine job for Gold Premiers .With a private room for check ins.
Roys restartaunt from Hawaii was there doing a great job with breakfast and respectable dinners.The hotel used to jump at anything to make a stay more satisfactory.Hopefully the tradition lives on so I may try them out again for old times sake>>>>>>>
Happy Travels All

[This message has been edited by 777 global mile hound (edited 03-07-2002).]
Old Feb 27, 2002, 4:51 am

Aislesonly,

I just noticed in Flyertalk Iteneraries that you will be in the Westin on exactly the same dates as me. Are you by any chance attending a conference there? KT2002 perhaps?

In any case, how about getting together for a drink or sushi? Any other SPG FT'ers around then?

Jenn
Old Feb 27, 2002, 5:34 am

Jenn,

I am actually there for a Microsoft Airlift (a lot of concentrated training in a short time) for the next version of Systems Management Server - codename: Topaz. I'll be at Bell Harbor Conference Center, but could probably swing by for a drink with you and any other FT'ers in the neighborhood.

Joe.
Old Feb 27, 2002, 5:39 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doc:
I was just saying to LarryU literally yesterday, "I wonder wha't up with Joe these days?"

-Mark
</font>
I was just thinking about when we met at Forno's for dinner. I was telling some friends about the FT community and all the great folks out here. I was talking about Forno's and how things were different in the PC's before all the security and when we could actually go to the club and meet FT'ers on layovers and really get our money's worth at the PC. (When weren't flying anywhere, just visiting).

Needless to say...
I'm baaack!
I hope to post and reply more often now.

Joe.

[This message has been edited by aislesonly (edited 02-27-2002).]
Old Feb 27, 2002, 6:04 am
Commander Catcop

IF you want an alternative to the Westin Seattle, check out the "W" (if you can get around the Armani clad staff and contemporary atmosphere.)

Forget all that for a minute. Upgrades are decent for Platinums and Gold. And those Sleigh beds are terrific.

Plus if you like bars the W bar in the lobby is a lot of fun and has interesting people around.

Check the prices. Sometimes they are about the same as teh Westin, if not more expensive.

FYI: Never stayed at the Westin.
Old Mar 3, 2002, 12:18 pm

As I predicted, I was very late checking in on Friday (technically it was Saturday morning).

I was not upgraded, but that could have been due to my late check-in, and I did not ask for an upgrade. I was given a room on the 37th floor of the North Tower, with a city/water view. My room had the heavenly bath, although the amenities in the bathroom were a tad on the schizophrenic side: they were all the heavenly bath products, except for the conditioner, which was in the old white Westin bottle.

I didn't use any of the hotel services except the parking, which is $21/day for self-parking and $24/day for valet parking. I did have a nice conversation with one of the valet parking guys while I was waiting for my car.

Sorry I can't be more specific on your questions, aislesonly ,but I was only there for about eight hours, and I was asleep for most of that time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.