Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you see only Marriott account activity / points when logging into SPG.com: (as of August 19)

If you use the same email address and password on both SPG.com and Marriott.com, logging in appears to take you to your Marriott account by default. Try using your SPG account number and password to log in.

If you use the same email address and different passwords, each password should take you to each separate account. You need to log completely out to switch accounts.

It may be helpful to use different browsers or an incognito/private browsing window to be able to access both accounts without confusing your browser.

Also, regardless, be sure to uncheck the Remember Me before logging in to make account selection easier until you have combined your accounts and have a single login again.

Try https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true to access your SPG account.
Print Wikipost

Systems Outage Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by alrvd83
I am able to log into both sites using the same log in info.

But i do not see my previously booked upcoming spg reservations. This is strange.
Same here, the rest of my reservations for the year are currently MIA.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: AA EP, SPG Ambassador (lifetime plat)
I logged into the new APP — it shows a reduction of 9 nights compared to last week.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:08 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Originally Posted by falconred
Same here, the rest of my reservations for the year are currently MIA.
My Marriott reservations are available at both marriott.com and starwood.com (just the marriott site reskinned) but my SPG stays are awol.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: AA ExPlat (2MM), Marriott LT Titanium
I hit the jackpot when I canceled my Hawaii reservation at the Marriott Kauai Resort! See point refund below:
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cphurley
I hit the jackpot when I canceled my Hawaii reservation at the Marriott Kauai Resort! See point refund below:..........
Congrats! Be sure to save screenshot and complain if it doesn't credit as promised.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by kaizen7
I believe I read somewhere that if you initiate the merge from your RCR account then you can keep your RCR number.
Yup.. Saw that on the FAQ now... Thanks

But so interesting that as I use the same email for both my Ritz account and SPG account, when I use my email address to login at Marriott.com it will accept both my Ritz account password and SPG account password (yes, they are different) and will log me into my Ritz account and SPG account respectively...
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
So should I still be able to see my SPG data somewhere? Whenever I login on either Marriott or Starwood sites I only seem to see my Marriott data!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
So should I still be able to see my SPG data somewhere? Whenever I login on either Marriott or Starwood sites I only seem to see my Marriott data!
you aren’t alone! Comfort in numbers.
rumblefox likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by cphurley
I hit the jackpot when I canceled my Hawaii reservation at the Marriott Kauai Resort! See point refund below:
You now own the hotel.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Can stay at marriott hotel for entire year
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Can stay at marriott hotel for entire year
Make that 1,167 years at Category 7/8 properties at current rate.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Overwhelmed with the posts about account status, so not quoting them.

Linking your accounts only got you the status match and the ability to transfer points back and forth.

Now that the programs have been merged, expect a notice from MPG saying it's ok to "combine" your accounts. The process, as they have explained it, is we need to log into the account/profile we wish to keep and then do the combine process to get all the points and nights moved over. They also say it may take a few days for everything to get worked out. Although the link on the webpage/app may be active, they have not said to go for it. So please HOLD OFF! Unless you need to status your combined accounts will offer, there is no need to rush into this. Let others try it out and see how it goes.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Starwood account shows my Marriott points number. My Starwood points have disappeared. Confused, really. Is it one program or two? One website or two?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
This feels a little like a pig on lipstick if that makes any sense.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Starwood account shows my Marriott points number. My Starwood points have disappeared. Confused, really. Is it one program or two? One website or two?
Have you tried accessing your SPG account? My webpage was set to remember me and only allowed access to my MR account. I had to clear the remembered user and log into using my SPG email address (different than my MR email) or new SPG number. Remember to uncheck the Remember Me box at login to be able to flip back and forth. It wasn't easy to see this at first, but makes sense.

Remember, later in the game we will told when we can combine our accounts. Even though you may see the link now, I suggest NOT doing it until the all clear is given and maybe a few others have checked it out.
UA-NYC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.