Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you see only Marriott account activity / points when logging into SPG.com: (as of August 19)

If you use the same email address and password on both SPG.com and Marriott.com, logging in appears to take you to your Marriott account by default. Try using your SPG account number and password to log in.

If you use the same email address and different passwords, each password should take you to each separate account. You need to log completely out to switch accounts.

It may be helpful to use different browsers or an incognito/private browsing window to be able to access both accounts without confusing your browser.

Also, regardless, be sure to uncheck the Remember Me before logging in to make account selection easier until you have combined your accounts and have a single login again.

Try https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true to access your SPG account.
Print Wikipost

Systems Outage Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Southwest AL CP, Hyatt Globalist
I am really tired of updating my SPG app, only to find out nothing has happened. Somebody owes me 60K points for a cancellation, 2 stays (and more nights, points) as well as my monthly credit card points. Evidently the MPG world has quit spinning. And further, no level of MPG management seems to care. Fear....trepidation....loathing.....waiting.....I believe I'm on my way to HYATT-land (after I spend these $14K+ in points). Anybody going with me?

Last edited by pageboy; Aug 25, 2018 at 1:28 pm
Old Aug 25, 2018, 1:21 pm

*Sigh*

I miss SPG. They had their issues but they never got it this wrong.

From the LTPPE debacle to the short changing of existing SPG members marriott seems intent on destroying the revenue base they bought.

Maybe the lurkers could tell us when we can declare this a disaster? I am very patient, but come on........
Old Aug 25, 2018, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Thumbs up

I did a Twitter DM to @spg and they took care of my problem.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:35 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Got an automated reply to my filling out the contact report on Friday, but no word since then and still can't log in.

I know I have multiple reservations for next weekend and I don't really know where they are beyond one confirm e-mail I can find. We will be calling them, I hope they can find my reservations so I can keep one and cancel the extra(s)!
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:33 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
31 minutes later (10 on hold, 21 with "Cheri" who was great) and our accounts are merged and all our stays are showing.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:37 pm

so 6-7 days of trying to combine accounts unsuccessfully:
thanks to flyer talk for pointing me ultimately in the direction that allowed me to finally merge accounts
thanks to spg ambassador for once again doing below the bare minimum to help.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
31 minutes later (10 on hold, 21 with "Cheri" who was great) and our accounts are merged and all our stays are showing.
did you have any stays after late july????are those reflecting in your account now????

there are many here on ft (myself included) who are not showing any stays in their account since late july....
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW the SPG Assist twitter account is the way to go to fix reservations if you can't get through on the phone. Worked great for me.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
did you have any stays after late july????are those reflecting in your account now????

there are many here on ft (myself included) who are not showing any stays in their account since late july....
I misspoke, I meant to say our upcoming stays are all listed. Was so pleased to find that that I did not look into recent stays, including one earlier in August. Will have to check that later
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
FWIW the SPG Assist twitter account is the way to go to fix reservations if you can't get through on the phone. Worked great for me.
SPG assist just keep telling me to merge accounts and they don’t have any info
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lallied
SPG assist just keep telling me to merge accounts and they don’t have any info
Is this about reservations at SPG hotels? If not, then they probably can't help you.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
Is this about reservations at SPG hotels? If not, then they probably can't help you.
about anything. Missing miles, missing stays, any question at all. “ try merging your account, that’s all the info we have to share”. One thread said they had sorted out an issue
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA-GS,1.95MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorer
None of my stays have posted since 7/18, so waiting on about 16 nights. I'm patient, but the Marriott website is misleading in that it states all is well.

I'm not booking another stay until it's fixed, so staying in Hiltons ad Hyatts in September. I hope I don't have to do that in October as well......
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:18 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by PDILLM
None of my stays have posted since 7/18, so waiting on about 16 nights. I'm patient, but the Marriott website is misleading in that it states all is well.

I'm not booking another stay until it's fixed, so staying in Hiltons ad Hyatts in September. I hope I don't have to do that in October as well......
Known issue. All stays from ~7/15 forward aren't posting.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: SPG LTP, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, IHGPlat, RadGold, Marriott Plat, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Known issue. All stays from ~7/15 forward aren't posting.
I previously merged my accounts, but I was missing a recent stay credit. Then my August Renaissance stay posted overnight! I’m still waiting for my Amex SPG points to post from my mid-August closing date. Another data point: Yesterday, my sister was finally able to merge her accounts AND her August stay and points posted!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.