Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Best way (not a rental car) to go from OGG to Westin Ocean View (timeshare) resort

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best way (not a rental car) to go from OGG to Westin Ocean View (timeshare) resort

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

My wife will go to the new Westin Nanea Ocean View resort (next to the North phase of the Westin Ka'anapali North resort) without renting a car.

What is the most efficient and most economical way to do so. Once at the resort; she wants to just relax at the resort (ie not use the car; if she goes out, it will be on the complimentary shuttle to Lahaina). Of course, she will have to pay for parking at the resort, whether she uses a rental car, or not?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:14 am

I am confused. If she do not use rental car, why pay parking? The complimentary shuttle in Westin is hideous, from my experience.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
My wife will go to the new Westin Nanea Ocean View resort (next to the North phase of the Westin Ka'anapali North resort) without renting a car.

What is the most efficient and most economical way to do so. Once at the resort; she wants to just relax at the resort (ie not use the car; if she goes out, it will be on the complimentary shuttle to Lahaina). Of course, she will have to pay for parking at the resort, whether she uses a rental car, or not?
I can't answer your question, but check the Hawaii forum, you may be able to get help/suggestions from locals.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite

If you have nothing to park, you will not have to pay the parking fee at Nanea.

The following threads in the Hawaii forum have useful information:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawai...a-anapali.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawai...g-lahaina.html
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT

There is a shuttle service:
https://bookings.airportshuttlehawaii.com
and it is $68/person roundtrip from OGG to the Westin Villas.

The cheapest option would be a public bus ($2?)
http://www.co.maui.hi.us/609/Maui-Bu...Transit-System
but check for luggage restrictions.

For me, I would simply rent a car to check a few snorkeling spots around the island and also drive to Hana.

Finally, there is also a daily nonstop flight from OGG to JHM (Kapalua, Lahaina) by Hawaiian. It is about $50 each way. Then you can arrange for a hotel shuttle.

Last edited by Alex_I; Apr 19, 2017 at 6:22 pm Reason: additional info
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:45 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Alex_I
Finally, there is also a daily nonstop flight from OGG to JHM (Kapalua, Lahaina) by Hawaiian. It is about $50 each way. Then you can arrange for a hotel shuttle.
The Westin timeshare properties no longer run a hotel shuttle to JHM. I was told this in March while on property. I also notice that it is no longer on their websites.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by controller1
The Westin timeshare properties no longer run a hotel shuttle to JHM. I was told this in March while on property. I also notice that it is no longer on their websites.
- Entirely not surprising and it is also good to know.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:40 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawai...ar-rental.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.