Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Car Service - OGG to West Maui (Ka'anapali)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a car service in Maui. We're considering not renting a car this time since we rarely have used it other than to go to/from Ka'anapali after landing at OGG.

Uber seems to be an option, but thought to ask those that may have first hand experience with this matter other than picking one at random.

Thanks,
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
I have an excellent driver there who uses a Prius. Probably cost about $100. If you are interested, PM me...
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:07 am

We used Speedishuttle
http://speedishuttle.com
They were excellent and I would highly recommend them.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Hi everyone:

Since this thread does not deal with flying on and/or miles with any Hawaii-based airline, I am moving this to the Hawaii thread.

Aloha,

-slippahs, Hawaii-based airlines co-moderator
Old Sep 3, 2016, 4:35 pm

Uber is actually here now, and it'll run around 60-80 bucks to get to this side of the island from OGG. But much cheaper than a rental car typically. Although you could do a single day rental, I know some of the hotels in Ka'anapali allow returns of rental cars there. Some people do that.

I've used Speedi Shuttle, they usually always do a great job, as does Robert's Hawaii (http://www.robertshawaii.com/).

Lastly, if you're staying at a hotel, give them a call as most have someone you can talk to who deals with this every day arranging just such accommodations for their guests...they typically know the best path to take if you're not driving yourself.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks All.... More things to consider...

I call my hotel today and was told that local major car rental agencies will drive to the hotel to pick up us if necessary. I was also informed that Uber isn't allowed to pick up passengers at OGG. But they're able to drop off there. Anyone know how this works out as to getting Uber pickup if we're going that option.

Thanks again....
Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Anyone know how this works out as to getting Uber pickup if we're going that option.
Uber drivers have been cited and threatened with arrest for airport transfers, thereby limiting those who might want your business:

http://khon2.com/2016/07/19/uber-add...atory-offense/

Yes, I know that the story quotes HNL, but this is being enforced by the State, which runs all airports...
Old Sep 17, 2016, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

I'm eager to try Uber when we arrive in HA, but I don't want to get someone cited either. Guess the rule is just don't use them at the start of our vacation when we arrive at curbside of OGG.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
I'm eager to try Uber when we arrive in HA, but I don't want to get someone cited either. Guess the rule is just don't use them at the start of our vacation when we arrive at curbside of OGG.
I already gave you the name and number of a great driver. You will get market rate and wonderful service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.