Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Q2 Promo Speculation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
2017 Q2 Promo Speculation

Any speculation on what a Q2 will look like? Will there even be one?

Even though the Q1 promo was complicated and confusing, I have to say it was nice to see a promo that wasn't based on a Friday or Saturday night stay.

Any ideas/wishes for what a Q2 promo would look like if there is one?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
it will probably start at some point in may (if there will be one)....i have over 18 nights booked in may with the possibility of a few more so i'm hoping to earn a decent amount of points next month....
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I actually moved a lot of stays away from SPG in 1Q because I was not sure if I could make the 20 nights for the extra 10,000 so I just did 3 stays. So, hopefully the next one is a little more uncertainty-friendly.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Is there a promo in place now? I have an expensive Stay next week at US Grant and would love to earn some extra points. I haven't received an email with a promo in years. I'm Lifetime Plat and Plat 50 or whatever they call it, but I don't get the promo emails.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by thaliajen
Is there a promo in place now? I have an expensive Stay next week at US Grant and would love to earn some extra points. I haven't received an email with a promo in years. I'm Lifetime Plat and Plat 50 or whatever they call it, but I don't get the promo emails.
Search "Promo+2017" and this comes up.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...15-2017-a.html
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
Originally Posted by thaliajen
I think you're too late for the Q1 promo, sadly. The promo period ends on Apr 15 and the registration period ended about a month ago.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:46 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I love these speculation threads. They're the perfect combination of tantilising and utterly pointless.

I predict double points on 3 night or longer stays.

If I were running the programme integration with Marriot I'd start offering promos which explicitly get members experiencing the other portfolio. SPG Platinums should get 10K bonus for visiting one of each Marriott brands and double points on the Marriott hotel brands mapping closest to their most frequent SPG brands.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I love these speculation threads. They're the perfect combination of tantilising and utterly pointless.

I predict double points on 3 night or longer stays.

If I were running the programme integration with Marriot I'd start offering promos which explicitly get members experiencing the other portfolio. SPG Platinums should get 10K bonus for visiting one of each Marriott brands and double points on the Marriott hotel brands mapping closest to their most frequent SPG brands.
That would make no sense as the programs are still separate. Maybe once they are fully integrated. For now to get status only Starwood nights count under SPG and Marriott nights under MR. Many people would end up with lesser status on both if they split all their stays. For now it doesn't make sense to stay at the other brands unless you are not seeking status, already reached top status with one side, or one does not have any properties in the vicinity and the other does.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
How about double points for a Friday or Saturday stay, triple for Friday and Saturday.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
SPG Platinums should get 10K bonus for visiting one of each Marriott brands
There are what, 33 now? And why restrict it to Platinum?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
There are what, 33 now? And why restrict it to Platinum?
Oh, no, only 30.

At this point, brand 31 is still speculation:
Marriott has "badges" that you can earn for staying at lots of brands, but I don't think they give all that many points (if any at all) for earning lots of those "badges".

Btw, some recently-acquired Marriott family brands are only in one part of the world or another. So, for example, you have to go to Africa to stay at a Protea, but you have to be in northern North America to stay at a Delta (which started in Canada but now has a few locations south of that border). So it might get quite costly just traveling to all the different places you'd have to travel to in order to stay at every one of the 30 Marriott brands.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: SPG P, HH G, MR G, IHG P, Hyatt D
Any word of a new SPG promotion?

The old one (double points for the first three stays) is expiring April 15th. Will SPG have something new to offer?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Not yet, but you've come to the right place! It will be posted here within a nano second of being announced.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Not yet, but you've come to the right place! It will be posted here within a nano second of being announced.
....assuming it isn't posted before the official announcement.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder now that the company is bigger and there are 2 programs to coordinate, is everything slower?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.