Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Q2 Promo Speculation

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2017, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Metanoia
www.spgpromos.com has been in "maintenance" for the last 24 hours or so, this normal? Or does it mean we might see a promo?
Probably correct. Tomorrow May 15 Marriott Rewards is expected to announce its next promo starting May 27 and I expect SPG to announce a basically identical promo.
Old May 14, 2017, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by bergamini
Emails regarding the upcoming 2017 Summer MegaBonus will be sent to solicited members in a week or two, ....
Anyone else here read that as a targeted, not general, promotion?
Old May 14, 2017, 8:57 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Anyone else here read that as a targeted, not general, promotion?
General promo with targeted goals, like IHG's Accelerate.
Old May 14, 2017, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by markis10
General promo with targeted goals, like IHG's Accelerate.
But you have to be solicited in order to participate?
Old May 15, 2017, 12:20 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
But you have to be solicited in order to participate?
No, which is why I said general promotion, the targeted part is the goals, based on past stay activity, if you have none, there are defaults.
Old May 15, 2017, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by markis10
No, which is why I said general promotion, the targeted part is the goals, based on past stay activity, if you have none, there are defaults.
Right, but I don't understand the inclusion of the word "solicited." If it's a general promotion, is anyone excluded? If so, why does it only apply to solicited members? What am I missing here?
Old May 15, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Marriott promotion is here. Found in my promotions this morning:

MegaBonus®

Go ahead, earn endlessly: Get 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with your second stay and an additional 2,000 points for each new brand you stay with.
  • Register by August 30, 2017
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between May 27 and September 4, 2017
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with your second stay.
  • Earn an additional 2,000 bonus points for each new brand you stay with, beginning with your second brand.
  • The first stay establishes the first brand. Member will earn bonus points for every additional brand they stay with.
  • The brand challenge is limited to the number of available participating brands.
Book direct to get our lowest rates worldwide. When you’re ready, redeem points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.
Terms and conditions

Last edited by webersd; May 15, 2017 at 12:26 pm
Old May 15, 2017, 3:57 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
this is Marriott rewards, the SPG promotion is weak .. i only have usually one night stays...

so after second stay it earns 2000 points on first stay after second 4000 MR points per stay ( different brand ).. this is way more lucrative than spg for me... almost requalified for SPG 50 anyway...
Old May 15, 2017, 7:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Preliminary info on the SPG promo here... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...tarpoints.html

This time around, it appears MR is rewarding stays, and SPG is rewarding nights.
Old May 15, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cln
this is Marriott rewards, the SPG promotion is weak .. i only have usually one night stays...

so after second stay it earns 2000 points on first stay after second 4000 MR points per stay ( different brand ).. this is way more lucrative than spg for me... almost requalified for SPG 50 anyway...
Agreed. Majorly disappointed. I have three stays at three Marriott brands coming up and I will only get 4k bonus (2*2000) for this promo instead of like 15-20k points if it were double points.
Old May 15, 2017, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Explorer789
Agreed. Majorly disappointed. I have three stays at three Marriott brands coming up and I will only get 4k bonus (2*2000) for this promo instead of like 15-20k points if it were double points.
Did you check the details of your Marriott promo? Do you not have the second part about 2000 for each additional brand?

If you had the second part about 2000 for each additional brand, then for 3 stays at 3 Marriott brands I'd expect you to earn 8k, not 4k (2*2000 for the stays, plus 2*2000 for the brands).
Old May 15, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Did you check the details of your Marriott promo? Do you not have the second part about 2000 for each additional brand?

If you had the second part about 2000 for each additional brand, then for 3 stays at 3 Marriott brands I'd expect you to earn 8k, not 4k (2*2000 for the stays, plus 2*2000 for the brands).
Yeah you are right. It will be an 8k bonus. But it's still less than the full double bonus. Better than nothing though.
Old May 21, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Two consequent one night stays in same town in two different brand gives still 4000? Second stay and second brand.
Old May 21, 2017, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
Two consequent one night stays in same town in two different brand gives still 4000? Second stay and second brand.
In the Marriott promo, yes.

Except for some targeted IHG promos (that specifically require stays in different cities), I'm not familiar with any hotel promos which care whether your separate stays are in the same town or not, as long as they're at different properties.

Many forums for this reason even have threads about locations with multiple properties "next door to" each other.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.