Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Q2 Promo Speculation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by username
Hilton has Double for everyone and Triple for Diamonds for 1 May - 31 August. I guess it is Hilton in 2Q.
Originally Posted by dburns
I wish SPG/Marriott would announce something soon. If not, I am going to assume no Q2 bonus and will likely book Q2 stays at Hilton where I can at least get double points
There's no Q2 here. "Q" stands for "quarter", but Hilton's current promo system and Marriott's longtime promo system (and thus SPG's new promo system) is based on dividing a year into "thirds", not "quarters".

Q2 itself is 1/3 over, as Q2 runs April-June.

Meanwhile, as already mentioned, Marriott did not have a summer bonus 2 years ago, and didn't start it until June last year (and didn't give a hint of it until late May):
So it's unclear what will happen this summer and how far in advance it will be announced. Not hearing anything much in advance may or may not mean anything for the summer promo period.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by sdsearch
There's no Q2 here. "Q" stands for "quarter", but Hilton's current promo system and Marriott's longtime promo system (and thus SPG's new promo system) is based on dividing a year into "thirds", not "quarters".
As it has been discussed many times before, SPG always runs trimester promos not quarterly. Approximate dates -- 1) Jan 5 - Mar 31 /April 15, then a break, 2) May 5-May 15- July 31st, August always no promo, then 3) Sep 5- Sep 15 to Dec 15- Dec 21. They never missed May entirely.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Sure hoping for 5/5 and not a 5/15 date as I have 10 nights planned din Asia for business. Missed half of the last promo due to start date in Jan being the second half of my trip.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Yes, but, isn't Marriott calling the shots now?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Yes, but, isn't Marriott calling the shots now?
Technically yes but the new appointed SVP of Loyalty for the combined companies is a Starwood guy so there may be a different outlook brought to Marriott on promos. The current problem is that they have not yet sorted out the bonus points from the last promo and have given themselves until 15 May to do that. They probably do not want to add more complications until that is sorted out. Hopefully the Starwood expertise will help them to develop the next promo that is not so complicated their own IT systems can't even figure it out.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
The current problem is that they have not yet sorted out the bonus points from the last promo and have given themselves until 15 May to do that. They probably do not want to add more complications until that is sorted out.
i agree....the 15th of may deadline leads me to believe that they won't be announcing anything new till after that date....i would be more than happy to be proven wrong though as i have 15 nights booked between now & the 15th of may....
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:32 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch

Q2 itself is 1/3 over, as Q2 runs April-June.
Q2 promotion is still applicable in the context of its commencement date rather than duration. The same pedanicism would also rule out the use of quarter as the promotion is unlikely to be exactly a quarter long.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by markis10
Q2 promotion is still applicable in the context of its commencement date rather than duration. The same pedanicism would also rule out the use of quarter as the promotion is unlikely to be exactly a quarter long.
+1. Exactly. I don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend. It's like the guy who keeps talking about "trimesters", as if trimester meant "1/3 year = 4 months", which is patently wrong.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by kenme1
Sure hoping for 5/5 and not a 5/15 date as I have 10 nights planned din Asia for business. Missed half of the last promo due to start date in Jan being the second half of my trip.
the double take double promotion? if one of the nights during your stay was within the promotional period that stay should qualify - unless you changed hotels and had more than one stay it should have mattered...
Old May 5, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
0 sign of a Promo for 2nd half of May/Summer then?
Old May 5, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
0 sign of a Promo for 2nd half of May/Summer then?
Sucks to have to earn the points the old fashioned way, but that's where we're at right now. I have almost non-stop hotel stays during this lull, so it sucks for sure. At least there're lifetime nights, annual status nights, and meager points to scoop up...
Old May 6, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by Okto
+1. Exactly. I don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend. It's like the guy who keeps talking about "trimesters", as if trimester meant "1/3 year = 4 months", which is patently wrong.
Someone needs grade 1 math refresher. Quarter means 1/4 of something. It assumes that a year divided into 4 parts. Starwood runs 3 promos a year. Using quarter identifier is irrelevant. Why then not months 4-6 or 9-12? Or weeks 13-26? How you would define Sep-Dec promo? Q3 1/3/ + Q4 3/4? Trimester breaks the year neatly into Jan-April, May-Aug, Sep-Dec. That exactly how Starwood promos are always have been run, whether you go by the commencement date or duration.
Old May 6, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Make it easier for everybody and just drop the Q. The next promo in 2017 will be the 2nd one--whenever it happens.
Old May 6, 2017, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
This from the Flyertalk MR forum. Looks like there should be a Q2/Summer promo.

Originally Posted by bergamini
There will be a Summer MegaBonus with registration starting on 5/15. I had my two free premium Amex cocktails in the SkyClub and sent a semi-DKYWIA email to Marriott/Ritz saying I never get emails about promotions (I don't - I'm Ritz and for whatever reason, I never get emailed about promotions or ebreaks or anything and nobody has addressed it, but I digress because I find the promos on here or go to promo central and register). I also said I cancelled 4 weeks @ Marriott properties because of the Hilton Diamond Triple Bonus and complained that when I do get bonuses, it is the lowest level give. I realize first world problem. So anyway, I got this response:

"Though we do not have any current promotions that you are eligible to participate in, you will have the opportunity to enroll in the 2017 Summer MegaBonus promotion between the registration dates of May 15, 2017 – August 30, 2017.

Our records indicate that your account is set up to receive all communication options, including promotional emails. If you have not been receiving promotional emails from our office, they are likely being sent to your junk or promotional email box, rather than your inbox. Emails regarding the upcoming 2017 Summer MegaBonus will be sent to solicited members in a week or two, so I recommend checking your inbox and junk box for registration opportunity.

Earning dates for this offer are from May 27, 2017 to September 4, 2017. If you enroll in this promotion, you will earn 2,000 bonus points for each paid stay, beginning with your second paid stay during the promotional period. You may also earn an additional 2,000 bonus points by staying at different Marriott Rewards participating hotel brands. You will receive an additional 2,000 bonus points for each different brand that you stay in during the earning dates of the promotion, starting with the second brand.

Many of our promotions have a "stay" requirement. This is defined in our program information, as well as the terms and conditions of each promotion. A "hotel stay" or "stay" means all consecutive nights a Marriott Rewards member registers and personally pays and stays at any participating hotel. For example, one or multiple consecutive nights stayed in one hotel is considered one paid stay.

Members earning airline credit for their stays are not eligible to participate in this promotion.

Elite nights that appear as non-stay nights in your account do not qualify for this promotion. Incidental credit, redemption stays, and timeshare owner stays during a designated owner week are not eligible for promotion credit. Also, stays in ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartment properties are not eligible for promotion credit.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and patronage as a valued Platinum Elite member.

Please reply to this email if you have any additional questions.

Thank you for choosing Marriott."
Old May 7, 2017, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Wonder how the math will work for this one translated to SPG...will they be doing 667 points per stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.