Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Q2 Promo Speculation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:35 am

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Originally Posted by username
I wonder now that the company is bigger and there are 2 programs to coordinate, is everything slower?
They might just have a super similar promo... like a Megabonus?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LuisHK
They might just have a super similar promo... like a Megabonus?
Not like Megabonus, simply because Marriott has never called their summer bonus "Megabonus". Only their fall/winter and winter/spring bonuses are ever called "Megabonus".

Btw, Marriott didn't have a summer bonus in 2015, and had a very late-announced (and late-starting, and late-ending) summer bonus in 2016. So nobody on the Marriott side even knows what to expect this summer. And so if SPG is going to copy whatever Marriott does (just under a different bonus name), there's no clue on either the Marriott or SPG side.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: United GS 3 MM LT, Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, HH LT Diamond
When Does The Next Promo Usually Get Announce?

And is it usually start around 5/15?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by JB123
2017 Q2 Promo Speculation

Could be any time. Have you looked at release date information in past years?? Previous years threads should include start dates and duration.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:33 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
It will come out after I return from Cuba.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by JB123
Meanwhile, Hilton Honors will be releasing their promo later this week!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hilton has Double for everyone and Triple for Diamonds for 1 May - 31 August. I guess it is Hilton in 2Q.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by username
Hilton has Double for everyone and Triple for Diamonds for 1 May - 31 August. I guess it is Hilton in 2Q.
This time Hilton is showing a special love for Diamonds.
With SPG, we had some re-qualification gifts for PLTs at some point. But that was a long long time ago...
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:45 pm

Much as I hope not, I think Marriott will most likely be the primary driver for the upcoming / future promotions. We should probably stop thinking what promos SPG did in the past and instead look at what Marriott typically does for their promotions.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by PayItForward
Much as I hope not, I think Marriott will most likely be the primary driver for the upcoming / future promotions. We should probably stop thinking what promos SPG did in the past and instead look at what Marriott typically does for their promotions.
Why do you hope not?
Are theirs typically much less generous?

Have never been a member of MR so not too familiar..
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by jaejaez
Why do you hope not?
Are theirs typically much less generous?

Have never been a member of MR so not too familiar..
SPG used to run a lot of games / promos / sweepstakes that are out of the blue. I played a lot of them but only won once. 5,000 starpoints. (yeah) Have not seen any of those quirky promos since the merger was announced
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:31 am

I wish SPG/Marriott would announce something soon. If not, I am going to assume no Q2 bonus and will likely book Q2 stays at Hilton where I can at least get double points
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by PayItForward
SPG used to run a lot of games / promos / sweepstakes that are out of the blue. I played a lot of them but only won once. 5,000 starpoints. (yeah) Have not seen any of those quirky promos since the merger was announced
Seems quiet also on the member exclusive front too
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:53 pm

I'm new to SPG this year and I'm changing from Hilton/IHG to SPG. Is it common for previously booked stays to be eligible for promotions? Hilton normally gives you the points as long as the stay is in the promo period. IHG normally makes you stay AND book during the promo period.

I ask because I have 12 nights booked in July already and most are nonrefundable.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
Originally Posted by omghaxcode
I'm new to SPG this year and I'm changing from Hilton/IHG to SPG. Is it common for previously booked stays to be eligible for promotions? Hilton normally gives you the points as long as the stay is in the promo period. IHG normally makes you stay AND book during the promo period.

I ask because I have 12 nights booked in July already and most are nonrefundable.
Promos generally require registration before a specific deadline but all that I have participated in have always counted any previously booked reservations as long as those reservations comply with all the other terms and conditions of the promo (fall within the promo period; eligible booking; etc).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.