Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel DUS, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2013, 4:35 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB

Two one-night stays last week, both on BTT of just EUR 88,-. A steal ! While hotel/rooms are not great hardware, Plat recognition is excellent: free BF + 500 points + choice of amenity. I would stay again.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I was there Saturday night. I got to choose an amenity, but it was never delivered to my room.

Wifi was absolutely terrible, and I had to keep logging in. No wifi in restaurant.

That being said, mgmt responded very quickly to my complaint letter and I am very happy with the goodwill gesture that was offered.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:43 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Apparently they have started to renovate their hotel rooms with about 40 now ready.

As I read this on TripAdvisor I contacted the hotel via Facebook to see if its possible to get one of the newly renovated rooms for my stay tonight.

Dear Thomas199023. Of course you can also stay in one of our 40 newly refurbished rooms next week. We made a note in your reservation and also the Front Office staff was informed. Looking forward to your feedback - I hope you will enjoy it. Have a save journey to Dusseldorf.
I never minded the "old" rooms but I agree that a renovation was long overdue. I'll report back with photos of the new room. (if I actually get one)
Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
I already stayed in the 'test room' of the hotel a couple of months ago. Great room - really nice design. Loved it.

Btw: the Sheraton is celebrating 25 years in Duesseldorf.
You can book rooms for EUR 25 (25 rooms per day).

Sheraton Düsseldorf Airport Hotel wird 25!
Fast zum gleichen Zeitpunkt als 1989 die Berliner Mauer fiel, ging das Sheraton Düsseldorf Airport Hotel an den Start. Um dieses Hoteljubiläum angemessen zu feiern, wird es ab 17. August
25 Tage lang verschiedene Geburtstagsaktionen geben, an denen Sie als unsere Gäste ganz herzlich eingeladen sind, sich zu beteiligen.
Exklusiv erhalten Sie per E-Mail heute unser besonderes Geburtstagsangebot:
• gültig für eine Übernachtung:
am 23.08. oder am 31.08.2014
• Jubiläumspreis: 25 €
(pro Zimmer und Nacht)
• nur 25 Zimmer pro Aktionstag verfügbar
(Buchbar ab 19.08.2014)
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just checked in and got the renovated room as they said. As promised some photos of the room. My apologies for the quality of my phone camera (HTC one).

Quite an improvement in my opinion. Bathroom is still roughly the same as it was, but cleaned up well.

Platinum Gift (this is in addition to the 500 points and free breakfast)
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:47 pm

Speedtest in lobby bar 19-08-2014

Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the pics on the renovated room. Wasn't aware they were doing the renovations. The old room wasn't too bad.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 1:38 pm

Some changes are coming up:

- Renovated rooms will be rebranded to 'club floor rooms'
- Club Lounge will open on 1 January 2015

Plats hat the chance to test the lounge tomorrow all day.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Great news! A Club lounge will save me from spending money at the bar like I usually do at this hotel.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 3:54 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Hope they are keeping the breakfast buffet.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 1:19 am

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
Originally Posted by Andie007
Some changes are coming up:

- Renovated rooms will be rebranded to 'club floor rooms'
- Club Lounge will open on 1 January 2015

Plats hat the chance to test the lounge tomorrow all day.
Thanks for the info, made my day! ^

Any further details regarding the lounge? Cannot find anything on their website, yet.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 1:22 am

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Just checked in and got the renovated room as they said. As promised some photos of the room. My apologies for the quality of my phone camera (HTC one).

Quite an improvement in my opinion. Bathroom is still roughly the same as it was, but cleaned up well.
Thanks for the info & pics. It was room 319, right? Stayed there before and also really liked the improvements.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
I don't think so...

And the lounge is right next to the restaurant - it was open for plats staying today (testing day). But as I left at 5:30, I did not have the chance to walk in.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 8:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by seawolf
+1, hopefully they open the lounge in the evening only and let people have the regular breakfast buffet at Otto, which is actually quite nice. Not comparable to Hyatt or some Kempi hotels, but a very solid buffet.

No need to have a lounge here at all, given the proximity to the airport and a Rewe/several Starbuck's/Kamps etc. with good food options to go.

Having a lounge at places like Offenbach, Frankfurt Congress or MUC would really be a plus.

Kudos to the folks running the Sheraton DUS, though. Given the very limited infrastructure, they are doing the best they can, Sky Garden, Conference facilities and now the club lounge.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 9:37 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FD1971
+1, hopefully they open the lounge in the evening only and let people have the regular breakfast buffet at Otto, which is actually quite nice. Not comparable to Hyatt or some Kempi hotels, but a very solid buffet.

No need to have a lounge here at all, given the proximity to the airport and a Rewe/several Starbuck's/Kamps etc. with good food options to go.

Having a lounge at places like Offenbach, Frankfurt Congress or MUC would really be a plus.

Kudos to the folks running the Sheraton DUS, though. Given the very limited infrastructure, they are doing the best they can, Sky Garden, Conference facilities and now the club lounge.
I disagree. The lounge is useful for coffee (and maybe a quick bite) before exercising in the morning followed by full breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.