Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Best Hotels to use the SPG50 (50% OFF Rack Rate Certificate)...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Terms and Conditions
  • 50% Off Award is subject to availability; advance reservations required. Callers must advise they are using a 50% Off Award and request Rate Plan ID: SPG50 when making reservations. The number and type of rooms offered may be limited and black-out dates may apply. 50% Off Award may not apply to suites at all hotels.
  • 50% Off Award is valid for a maximum of up to five consecutive nights at SPG50 participating hotels worldwide. Using the 50% Off Award for less than five nights, forfeits any unused nights, and the 50% Off Award is no longer valid for use in connection with any other stay.
  • Most, but not all, Starwood Preferred Guest participating hotels participate in the 50% Off Award. 50% Off Awards are NOT valid in Hawaii or at the Bahrain Sheraton Hotel.
  • At Sheraton Vacation Resorts and Westin Vacation Resorts, the 50% Off Award length of stay requirements may vary. Please call for specific requirements. However, only one certificate is required regardless of how many nights a guest is eligible to stay at Vacation Resorts.
  • 50% Off Award is valid on regular (RACK) room rates based upon availability of the SPG50 Rate Plan.
  • 50% Off Award may not be applied toward service charges, room tax, food and beverages, parking, gratuities, gift shop purchases, or other incidental charges and taxes.
  • Starwood Preferred Guest Members are eligible to receive Starpoints for the paid portion of the stay only. Starpoints cannot be earned on any paid portion of the SPG50 Rate Plan at Sheraton Vacation Resorts or Westin Vacation Resorts.
  • 50% Off Award reservations are commissionable to Travel Agents.
  • Standard Guarantee and Deposit Policy applies and varies by hotel.
  • 50% Off Award is not combinable with other room or rate promotional discounts or special programs, including Upgrade Certificates.
  • 50% off Award is good for only one room during the stay.
  • 50% Off Award has no cash value.
Print Wikipost

Best Hotels to use the SPG50 (50% OFF Rack Rate Certificate)...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2010, 1:43 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by abcx
I'm theorizing. I thought the SPG50 applied to any room and rack rate? Maybe I'm wrong. I was just booking a C+P stay and while checking rev rates noticed the rack rate.
The availability of RACK rate does not mean that there is availability of the SPG50 rate.

SPG50 Award overview on spg.com:
https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...em/50_off.html

T&Cs:
https://www.starwoodhotels.com/promo...ode=50offTERMS
"50% Off Award is subject to availability; advance reservations required. Callers must advise they are using a 50% Off Award and request Rate Plan ID: SPG50 when making reservations. The number and type of rooms offered may be limited and black-out dates may apply. 50% Off Award may not apply to suites at all hotels."

"Most, but not all, Starwood Preferred Guest participating hotels participate in the 50% Off Award."
Can someone explain the following statement in the T&Cs? Is this meant to say that a single SPG50 certificate can be used for an unlimited number of nights at SVO properties if availability of the SPG50 rate plan exists?
"At Sheraton Vacation Resorts and Westin Vacation Resorts, the 50% Off Award length of stay requirements may vary. Please call for specific requirements. However, only one certificate is required regardless of how many nights a guest is eligible to stay at Vacation Resorts."
Old Aug 22, 2010, 1:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by sc flier
Can someone explain the following statement in the T&Cs? Is this meant to say that a single SPG50 certificate can be used for an unlimited number of nights at SVO properties if availability of the SPG50 rate plan exists?
I think it means that if the resort says the limit is two nights, you need one for each two nights. If they say the limit is 10 nights, you need one for each 10 nights.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I think it means that if the resort says the limit is two nights, you need one for each two nights. If they say the limit is 10 nights, you need one for each 10 nights.
i thought one cert could only be used for a max 5 nights....
Old Sep 2, 2010, 5:10 am
Suspended

anyone had luck with 50% off in St. Regis Bora Bora?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 7:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by saad
i thought one cert could only be used for a max 5 nights....
True for anything except SVO properties.
only one certificate is required regardless of how many nights a guest is eligible to stay at Vacation Resorts.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 9:36 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by hoteleksperten
Doubtful.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas. IMHO, Their best value is to use them for an upgraded room.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 9:25 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AS Gold, NW, UA, US, DL, AA, HH
thanks for the info abcx....i've said it before & will say it again, the spg50 is best when used for suites or longer stays....i'm using 3 spg50s back to back for a 14 day stay & saving close to $400....
How do you get multiple SPG50? I only get one when renewing my AmEx every year.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by rynoshark
How do you get multiple SPG50? I only get one when renewing my AmEx every year.
you get the same spg50 deal by redeeming 1000 points from your account....details here....
Old Oct 17, 2010, 10:16 pm

Programs: AE(nothing), Fairmont FPC Platinum ,SPG Gold, Plat Amex, FS LUVR
Smile

Originally Posted by hoteleksperten
Yes. We are travelling in November 2010. SPG50 for 6 nights. I was even able to combine it with my Platinum amex FHR amenities. I had a difficult time deciding on the St. Regis or the Four Seasons in Bora Bora, but the St. Regis accomodating me with both programs gave it the edge>
Old Oct 18, 2010, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dr. Pam
Yes. We are travelling in November 2010. SPG50 for 6 nights. I was even able to combine it with my Platinum amex FHR amenities. I had a difficult time deciding on the St. Regis or the Four Seasons in Bora Bora, but the St. Regis accomodating me with both programs gave it the edge>
i thought you could only use the spg50 for a maximum of 5 nights....are you using more than one certificate????
Old Oct 18, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
i thought you could only use the spg50 for a maximum of 5 nights....are you using more than one certificate????
I believe that is the stated benefit, but several years ago, I was able to use one for 6 nights at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar in Cabo. May be a YMMV situation?
Old Oct 18, 2010, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
I believe that is the stated benefit, but several years ago, I was able to use one for 6 nights at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar in Cabo. May be a YMMV situation?
could be....last year i had to use 2 for a 7 night stay....
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:14 pm

Programs: AE(nothing), Fairmont FPC Platinum ,SPG Gold, Plat Amex, FS LUVR
Smile

I believe it is 1000 pts for every 5 night stay for the SPG 50 % off rate.
No problem.....2000 pts for 6 nights works for me.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: UA, QFF, AA, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Pres Circle.
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Doubtful.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
William,

Can the SPG50 coupons be used in combination with the recent 2 night/3rd free benefit for SPG Amex cardholders?

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.