Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Times Square or Westin Times Square

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA- exp 8.2MM, SQ, DL, spg plat
Good Luck

i can only speak to the Sheraton Times Square and you have to be VERY careful about what you book. Your confirmation will have the room size so you can't complain about it after.

if you are booking points, you are probably booking a STANDARD room which is closet sized with a postage stamp sized bathroom and poorly appointed for doing any work..

The hotel itself is huge and in my opinion "zoo like" -

New York is relatively small and easy to get around so location shouldn't be an issue for any lower Manhattan hotel so you may want to avoid the Times Square Scene altogether and try something further East or South
Old Aug 18, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
All the rooms at the Sheraton are the same size - 250 sf. This is for Traditional (points rate), Deluxe (same size, only gets you higher floor), and even Club Level are ALL 250 sf.

The Westin, on the other hand, has a wide variety of room sizes and styles.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by wdchuck1
i can only speak to the Sheraton Times Square and you have to be VERY careful about what you book. Your confirmation will have the room size so you can't complain about it after.

if you are booking points, you are probably booking a STANDARD room which is closet sized with a postage stamp sized bathroom and poorly appointed for doing any work..

The hotel itself is huge and in my opinion "zoo like" -

New York is relatively small and easy to get around so location shouldn't be an issue for any lower Manhattan hotel so you may want to avoid the Times Square Scene altogether and try something further East or South
LOL. That's funny!
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:21 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Well, I've now stayed at both and they're both awful. I only stay here because it was literally one of the cheapest options in town last night, cheaper than even the Hyatt House and any of the dozens Fairfield Inns and Four Points in town.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.