Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok made blackout date for award night (?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok made blackout date for award night (?)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2015, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok controls blackout date for award night (?)

Dear SPG lurker,

Please check it out award calendar at Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok. There is NO free night(award night) availability until early August(June, July and early dates of Auguest - even 1 single date) however Bangkok is not peak season and standard room is offering if book with paid night.

I am very curios Hotel did some tricks for controlling the availability date of award night. (or minimize number of standard rooms)

Biggest befit of SPG is no award blackout date if standard room is available. It's positive that the hotel control award inventory somehow.

could you please review?

Last edited by jackhorse; Jun 13, 2015 at 4:57 pm
Old Jun 13, 2015, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by jackhorse
Dear SPG lurker,

Please check it out award calendar at Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok. There is NO free night(award night) availability until early August(June, July and early dates of Auguest - even 1 single date) however Bangkok is not peak season and standard room is offering if book with paid night.

I am very curios Hotel did some tricks for controlling the availability date of award night. (or minimize number of standard rooms)

Biggest befit of SPG is no award blackout date if standard room is available. It's positive that the hotel control award inventory somehow.

could you please review?
Pulled up that property and saw rooms showing starting Aug 11. But more importantly it also showed:
If the Lowest Standard Rate is available for your dates and Free Nights are not, please contact us to book Free Nights.
The properties are responsible for loading the specific inventory so they've always had the ability to manipulate what shows up. Some will play games (just like guests do) but you can call them on it. You might try the link and let them know the specific dates you are interested in.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 11:12 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Originally Posted by jackhorse
Dear SPG lurker,

could you please review?
Totally agree with you

It available only 11 12 16 17 18 19 23 25 26 31 august, zero availability on entry june and july.That really weird in addition to another property are plentifull of reward nights.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Yes, they ask bigger points if you call them, for example 4,000 or 5,000 for weekend.

It's suspicion that Hotel control inventory on purpose for charging more points from guest or blocking award night. I think this is violating T&C or contacting between SPG and hotel.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nongsom
Totally agree with you

It available only 11 12 16 17 18 19 23 25 26 31 august, zero availability on entry june and july.That really weird in addition to another property are plentifull of reward nights.

Hopefully SPG lurker review and help on this issue.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 3:24 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Thumbs down

They only have four standard rooms I think. I introduced a couple of new categories some time ago to limit award availability... This is very obvious because sometimes the rooms you could book for standard point redemption is more expensive than the next category....

I checked rates for December and four points is pretty expensive.... More then LM and ros... Doesn't make sense
Old Jun 14, 2015, 3:59 am

Programs: SPG Platinum/Hyatt Diamond
Don't Stay Here

I will be happy when this property is thrown out of SPG.

They've gone from fantastic recognition of SPG members to ..
.. something approaching a 'recognition joke' .

They just don't give a damn anymore and this blackout date
boo boo is just another nail in their coffin.

Honestly, with so many other outstanding Starwood properties
to choose from in Bangkok, there's little need anymore to fool
with FPB.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cln
They only have four standard rooms I think. I introduced a couple of new categories some time ago to limit award availability... This is very obvious because sometimes the rooms you could book for standard point redemption is more expensive than the next category....

I checked rates for December and four points is pretty expensive.... More then LM and ros... Doesn't make sense

That's my point. propery may set very little number of room for standard room and it always be able to say that we sold out standard room. I guess it's 1-2% from total room of this property.

I am wondering there is any of restriction.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by choco
I will be happy when this property is thrown out of SPG.

They've gone from fantastic recognition of SPG members to ..
.. something approaching a 'recognition joke' .

They just don't give a damn anymore and this blackout date
boo boo is just another nail in their coffin.

Honestly, with so many other outstanding Starwood properties
to choose from in Bangkok, there's little need anymore to fool
with FPB.

Once again SPG lurker help on this. this is moral issue!!
Old Jun 14, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Search for long date for availability of comfort room
Found Bookable in
2 Comfort Room (28-32 m2)
4 Comfort Non-smoking Room (28 m2)
That is maximum that i can found but mainly found 2 comfort and 2 comfort non-smoking
Old Jun 14, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: UA/AA
I have noticed that the points price has been increased from a previous 3000 points to 4000 points for stays in December of this year. Anyone else run into this on the SPG website ?
Old Jun 14, 2015, 8:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Paiteaw
I have noticed that the points price has been increased from a previous 3000 points to 4000 points for stays in December of this year. Anyone else run into this on the SPG website ?
It depends on if it's a weekend or a weeknight.
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpo..._category.html
Old Jun 14, 2015, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA/AA
I looked at both and they are asking 4000 points /nt.
So what's up with that ? Sunday is a weeknight ?
Old Jun 14, 2015, 5:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Sunday is a weeknight ?
That is correct.

(Added: The property may have also moved up from a Cat 1 to a Cat 2, thus raising the weekday date from 3,000 to 4,000.)

Last edited by mahasamatman; Jun 14, 2015 at 6:00 pm
Old Jun 14, 2015, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
So what's up with that ? Sunday is a weeknight ?
Yes, same as when you were young, -- Sunday is a school night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.