Poo in the Sheets

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2015, 5:21 pm

Programs: AC Fly-Free-Forever Winner
Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy
Holy Sheet

if anyone needs some eye bleach.
Thanks, I needed that.
You can say that again, holy sheet, that was disgusting. I will start checking bed sheets from now on.
Old May 29, 2015, 7:40 pm

Programs: Spire Amb IHG, HH Gold, TR Diamond, Mlife Plat, National Exec, Avis Pref Plus
That's gross but when I clicked on the photo I was expecting this huge large roll of poo smeared in the sheets. It wasn't as bad as my expectations but it's still gross.

I'm going to check all the beds we crawl into from now on...thanks OP.
Old May 29, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Are you sure it was not a Baby Ruth candy bar? It's easy to mix up. See what I am talking about here ->
Old May 29, 2015, 8:50 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by Esltroy
One day I will tell the story about a poop shower I experienced in a Detroit doubletree. Still can't talk about it.
Crikey! (instead of holy sheet!)
Old May 29, 2015, 10:05 pm

Hi there. Physician here. Based on the information you've provided and an obvious inability to speak with you in person and physically examine you, I agree with the prior response regarding the health issue.

Assuming no immunocompromise and no open wounds or sores on the legs, you're likely fine and you do not need to be seen in your clinic. Be on the lookout for any new rashes or any new nausea, vomiting or diarrhea. If so, you should probably be seen by your primary care clinic.

Even if you do have an open wound or cut, there still isn't anything to be done other than keeping a close eye on the area for any new redness, swelling, drainage or pain. Again, if these symptoms develop, see your primary care clinic.

Sorry for your revolting experience. Hopefully you and your wife can sleep easier tonight.
Old May 30, 2015, 3:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Disgusting. OP, 1 night is not enough.

I would simply pose the level of compensation for recovery as this;

What would they have to give you to sleep in a bed with sheet in it?

I may be crazy but anything short of 100k points+ would be an insult. I've had a property proactively give me 10k for hair in room service so one free night for what you experienced is nowhere near enough.
Old May 30, 2015, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

And I thought piss on the toilet seat was bad. That's gross and they should definitely give more than just a comped night. Thanks for saying the name and will definitely be avoiding this property in the future.

Hope you guys get a good night's sleep tonight. Just awful.
Old May 30, 2015, 3:12 am

I cant even get myself to open the poo-link, this is just horrible.
Old May 30, 2015, 5:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by heakja
I cant even get myself to open the poo-link, this is just horrible.
I looked, its pretty nasty!

To the OP (and esp his wife), sounds like you handled it as quickly and appropriately as possible and the manager should prob be doing more than comping then night, given how upset your wife is.

I don't think there are any health risks, unless the human fecal matter was positive for something like norovirus or Ebola (again highly unlikely). You could have asked the manager to pay for it to be tested. Offhand, I am not sure if local Med Labs do these as routine. As denverbay noted, it is unlikely you would have had anything transmitted with intact skin.

Like your wife, I usually peel off the covers on the bed before I go to sleep, stray hairs are not a big deal to me, but I would be livid if I saw something like that. It is certainly an issue the manager should deal with immediately, and include the Housekeeping supervisor and housekeeper who took care of that room.
Old May 30, 2015, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Miami305
Why has no one asked the obvious question:

How did feces get there in the first place? In my mind, it was either:

1) The last guest, and the cleaning staff coincidentally were lazy and did not pull the sheets. I find this doubtful because it involves 2 unlikely events.

2) Someone who had access to the room after it was previously cleaned. Also seems unlikely since it would be intentional as a way of causing distress for someone, with little benefit.
Or the tissue paper was missing and someone used the next biggest sheet available...
Old May 30, 2015, 5:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Aventine
Or the tissue paper was missing and someone used the next biggest sheet available...
Sure, that's possible. But that would again mean that the cleaning staff did not pull the sheets that day, and simply re-made the bed to make it appear as if it were fresh sheets.

I also question how 2 adults (exhausted or not) could enter a room where feces had been present for hours, crawl into bed (exhausted or not) and not catch a whiff of something off. Poo smells bad fresh, and that odor does not improve over the course of 5+ hours.
Old May 30, 2015, 5:55 am

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
If you found the poo in the sheets but not slept in it, I'd say that, in and of itself, would have meant a comp room plus some type of compensation like points.

Sleeping in it is a totally different issue and the hotel must proactively deal with it to your full satisfaction. I can't even fathom how I would react.
Old May 30, 2015, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sure, that's possible. But that would again mean that the cleaning staff did not pull the sheets that day, and simply re-made the bed to make it appear as if it were fresh sheets.

I also question how 2 adults (exhausted or not) could enter a room where feces had been present for hours, crawl into bed (exhausted or not) and not catch a whiff of something off. Poo smells bad fresh, and that odor does not improve over the course of 5+ hours.
Maybe the maid used Febreze? I know what you mean, but, if you bury the corner under the mattress then maybe smell got dampened?

If it had been there a day or two the smell probably dissipated.
Old May 30, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine
Well, still would be housekeepings fault for not having toilet paper stocked. Besides, as disgusting as it may be, a towel would be more handy unless the person just decided to crap in the bed (or could be a baby)

Not all poop smells bad (cue joke about my stuff don't stink), but if it is under covers and partially absorbed into mattress/pad, the smell may not emanate outwards.
Old May 30, 2015, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by neuron
Well, still would be housekeepings fault for not having toilet paper stocked. Besides, as disgusting as it may be, a towel would be more handy unless the person just decided to crap in the bed (or could be a baby)
Totally housekeeping's fault then the hotel by extension.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.