Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Poo in the Sheets

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2015, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
You'd think they'd want to make a goodwill gesture to keep the damage to the minimum possible. Not hush money but positive spin. Guess Aloft Brooklyn isn't that smart.
They aren't. We stayed their last week and every employee we dealt with was pretty clueless. Maybe it's just me but it seemed like it was staffed entirely by high school students. Not that's there anything wrong with employing kids but at least have someone around that knows what they're doing/talking about.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AC Altitude50
Westin Cancun Resort and Spa

I found similar stains on the rollaway mattress, in January, at the Westin Cancun. The manager promised 7000 points (one night stay). I was only given 5000.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by canalskater
I found similar stains on the rollaway mattress, in January, at the Westin Cancun. The manager promised 7000 points (one night stay). I was only given 5000.
Did you complain or escalate? If the manager promised 7000, you should ahve gotten 7000 points. Unacceptable.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
How do you know the poo was there before you slept in it, did you check your underpants?

Sorry, couldn't resist. trying to lighten the mood in here.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by RogerMurdock
Comped night is not enough.
^

Things like this warrant punitive damages. Not to give the victim a windfall, but to deter the hotel from letting it continue to happen. If this were me, I'd probably want at least 3 nights' worth of points on top of the refund... although perhaps if I didn't notice the stains until morning I'd be satisfied with whatever they offered because I wouldn't be able to prove that the stains weren't my doing. I believe OP, but (dry or not) I don't think it would be easy to prove that the stain was already there 12+ hours prior to my complaining about it.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
I love the comments suggesting the OP or his wife "had an accident". I've heard of wetting the bed...but who the hell poops in their sleep? lol
Old Jun 1, 2015, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by broadwayblue
I love the comments suggesting the OP or his wife "had an accident". I've heard of wetting the bed...but who the hell poops in their sleep? lol
That's why Depends exists.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 10:41 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
To the OP, I would highly recommend that you post your experience to the Aloft Brooklyn reviews, too. The responses to the reviews by the GM (or the Guest Services Team) are beyond pathetic and full of "we don't give a sh*t" attitude. I would request more than a comped night solely because they have not learned their lesson in over 3 years of poor reviews (granted, these are the outliers). Here's a review from a couple months ago: " The sheets were dirty. Requested clean sheets, it had hair on it. (not hair for the head)." The response was something along the lines of: "We have some of the highest ratings in the country. Sorry we could not live up to your personal expectations." UGH!
Old Jun 1, 2015, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jibi
To the OP, I would highly recommend that you post your experience to the Aloft Brooklyn reviews, too. The responses to the reviews by the GM (or the Guest Services Team) are beyond pathetic and full of "we don't give a sh*t" attitude. I would request more than a comped night solely because they have not learned their lesson in over 3 years of poor reviews (granted, these are the outliers). Here's a review from a couple months ago: " The sheets were dirty. Requested clean sheets, it had hair on it. (not hair for the head)." The response was something along the lines of: "We have some of the highest ratings in the country. Sorry we could not live up to your personal expectations." UGH!
I would tell a vice president or two. They're disgracing this property (and by, extension, brand) by their arrogance and nonchalant attitude.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 11:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
That's unbelievable. The GM thinks that not wanting to sleep with some unknown stranger's hair (not from the head) on the sheets in one's bed is just a "personal expectation"?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 1:42 am

Programs: SQ PPS, KLM Platinum, Air Berlin gold, HHonors Gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
What do you mean by "better"? It's an Aloft. The Aloft is not a top tier brand or "better" brand to me, which is why I'm asking.
It's a category 5 hotel, which includes numerous Westins, Meridiens and a few W's. My point is that a SPG hotel of that tier should far exceed a typical New York hotel (I've stayed in some terrible ones near Times Square) and if you would not accept stains in those hotels, why accept them in this Aloft.

Sounds like this hotel should be downgraded and potentially put on probation by SPG.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 3:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
I think those categories are to do with revenue and categorization for point redemption, not quality, as in a 5 star hotel. I think all NYC hotels are Cat5+, and all but the two airport Sher and 4P LIC are cat 5+.

Originally Posted by tingadingling
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
What do you mean by "better"? It's an Aloft. The Aloft is not a top tier brand or "better" brand to me, which is why I'm asking.
It's a category 5 hotel, which includes numerous Westins, Meridiens and a few W's. My point is that a SPG hotel of that tier should far exceed a typical New York hotel (I've stayed in some terrible ones near Times Square) and if you would not accept stains in those hotels, why accept them in this Aloft.

Sounds like this hotel should be downgraded and potentially put on probation by SPG.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 4:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Had to peek at their rating. At 3.7/5, their rating is amongst the worst in NYC.

Old Jun 2, 2015, 5:51 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by droidcore

Not sure where I should go from here. I guess the manager did his part...I guess. Not really looking for freebies or status flexing, but wow this is troubling. Wife refuses to stay at this certain hotel chain in the future. Should I send an email to corporate?
Umm you need to flex your status and get freebies. Poo in the sheets is kinda one of those unforgivable sins of a hotel.....and I mean you are clearly stressing out and worried about this, and not getting stressed is exactly why you are(were?) loyal to SPG in the first place.

I trust SPG will make this right, especially if you're plat.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 1:03 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by droidcore
(gross pic here for the unsqueamish).
I was a hospital porter during my university daze, and yeah, hah, wow. I've seen a fair amount of this kinda stuff (but think of it more like goulash, or curry...oh, and copious amounts of blood? you'd be fascinated how it curdles up, kinda like a weird oily goopy yet water soluble goop) but wow. That's bad. I mean when I got paid as well as I did, they could throw it at me for all I care, but if I were paying NYC rates......wow. I am not at all germ-phobic (I eat food off the ground all the time), but wow that is bad, and if I felt that graze my leg in the middle of the night.... wow.

Sucks because aLoft has such nice sheets

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.