Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Poo in the Sheets

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by droidcore
OP here again. I've had fun reading over the discussion here...

Well, it's been 8 days since the poo stay and the stay credit has not hit my account. I'm going to guess that since my money was refunded, the stay credit, the 500 point amenity, and the points for the stay will not be awarded to my account by the hotel. I reached out to @SPGAssist on Twitter who requested the points to be posted and I'll have to wait another seven days.

All I really care about is the stay credit (as a non-business traveler it's difficult to maintain Platinum on my own dime, so every stay counts).

We'll see where the Aloft takes it from here. Or if it's time to write that kind of email to the right people.

I'll never cheap out and cheat on the W Union Square again.
I hope you get the stay credit. Have you contacted the GM or whoever was your lead at the hotel to get the credit?

I would definitely write a review after this has all settled. The hotels are often ask us to post reviews of our stays and I do find them useful as guides on which hotel to use in the city.

Good luck!
Old Jun 5, 2015, 11:21 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
OP, you are OWED a stay credit, you stayed in the hotel for the night. Do not worry, SPG will take care of this. And do not back down if the GM is dealing with you. Maybe you should only deal with corporate.

Whenever I have an issue, I always email once and if nothing's moving forward I then go straight to the plat line.

I am a fan of the Aloft Harlem, however! Give them a try.

Originally Posted by dcstudent
Just looking at his LinkedIn profile it seems most all of his jobs (before this one) were in Finance (and he won most of his awards while still in Finance). Perhaps good with numbers, not with people?
Seems like he has poor bedside manner. *pause for laughs*
Old Jun 5, 2015, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Leisure Traveler: Delta DM, Starwood PM50, Global Entry, NEXUS, CLEAR
Originally Posted by neuron
I hope you get the stay credit. Have you contacted the GM or whoever was your lead at the hotel to get the credit?
Originally Posted by cur
OP, you are OWED a stay credit, you stayed in the hotel for the night. Do not worry, SPG will take care of this.
Got the credit! Edited my post. Big ups to @SPGAssist and Lurker!
Old Jun 6, 2015, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by cur
Do not worry, SPG will take care of this. And do not back down if the GM is dealing with you. Maybe you should only deal with corporate.

Whenever I have an issue, I always email once and if nothing's moving forward I then go straight to the plat line.
This - I always just deal with Plat services even if the property is trying to reach out to me separately. Always works out better with a go-between.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 7:04 am
cur

Originally Posted by yyznomad
This - I always just deal with Plat services even if the property is trying to reach out to me separately. Always works out better with a go-between.
It's my understanding that hotels get dinged by SPG every time a customer goes corporate to reconcile things and that this amount is increased with status. This is why I always give the hotel first crack, and typically hotels make it right.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by droidcore
Got the credit! Edited my post. Big ups to @SPGAssist and Lurker!
That's great droidcore. Now the Poop jokes and thread can end .
Old Jun 6, 2015, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by jibi
Our hard working talent members take pride every day to make sure their assigned rooms surpass the rigid inspection guidelines our guests have come to expect.
This is the response I love the most... it was from 3.5 months ago... and then the poo happens.
Originally Posted by Aventine
Someone gave up their pride that day lol.
I don't think that these last two comments are quite fair in response. For poo in the sheets, the only way really to inspect is for the supervisor to strip the bed after the housekeeper has made it. Is this a reasonable expectation? That said, no question that the sheets should have been changed. But how do we expect the supervisors to verify this?
Old Jun 6, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I don't think that these last two comments are quite fair in response. For poo in the sheets, the only way really to inspect is for the supervisor to strip the bed after the housekeeper has made it. Is this a reasonable expectation? That said, no question that the sheets should have been changed. But how do we expect the supervisors to verify this?
...by hiring people who have the character to do their job correctly, especially if they're going to brag on their employees for having said integrity and dedication?
Old Jun 6, 2015, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...by hiring people who have the character to do their job correctly, especially if they're going to brag on their employees for having said integrity and dedication?
Yes, but you're changing the subject. The issue was how it got past the "rigid inspection guidelines." That's all I was addressing, my point being that you can't inspect for this without stripping the bed.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well they were so cocksure about their staffers that I would expect them not to cut corners and leave the soiled sheet on the bed.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aventine
Well they were so cocksure about their staffers that I would expect them not to cut corners and leave the soiled sheet on the bed.
Which the housekeeping supervisor would discover how? Sure, I agree that it shouldn't have happened. But how would the supervisor discover it when doing his/her inspection? That's my point.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which the housekeeping supervisor would discover how? Sure, I agree that it shouldn't have happened. But how would the supervisor discover it when doing his/her inspection? That's my point.
I agree with you that it would have been improbable to find. I just don't agree with this property saying they're the pride of the service when clearly not.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Yes, but you're changing the subject. The issue was how it got past the "rigid inspection guidelines." That's all I was addressing, my point being that you can't inspect for this without stripping the bed.
A certain % of beds SHOULD be stripped during inspections ! It keeps staff on their toes. While it may not have caught this incident, it puts the fear in the staff so that they wouldn't likely forego a linen change in the first place.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by clublounger
A certain % of beds SHOULD be stripped during inspections ! It keeps staff on their toes.
Valid point. I wonder how many hotels have the inspectors do this. Maybe have one random room per week completely stripped down after housekeeping finished with it?
Old Jun 7, 2015, 2:10 pm
cur

Valid point. I wonder how many hotels have the inspectors do this. Maybe have one random room per week completely stripped down after housekeeping finished with it?
Originally Posted by clublounger
A certain % of beds SHOULD be stripped during inspections ! It keeps staff on their toes. While it may not have caught this incident, it puts the fear in the staff so that they wouldn't likely forego a linen change in the first place.
But this begs the question....

...what if the defecator was a QC person?

Then who will QC the QC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.