Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

2013 Q4 Global Promo: SPG Take Two, Double Points + 2,500 per 5 nights, Sep 1 - Dec 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Q4 Global Promo: SPG Take Two, Double Points + 2,500 per 5 nights, Sep 1 - Dec 1

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:57 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by dunwu
Didn't pay attention to the long NON PARTICIPATING HOTELS list. Now I found I had 5 nights @ hotels on the list, and a couple more coming. I don't recall there were so many hotels not participate in before. Is this a new trend? Anyway, I will read the list more carefully in the future.

Btw, does Air Canada "9,000 more reason to stay" promo has the same non participating hotel list? Thx
You would have to refer to the T&Cs of the air canada promo to see if there is any non-participating hotel list. Every promo sticks to their own T&Cs.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 11:00 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!

Last edited by AJLondon; Nov 11, 2013 at 11:02 am Reason: found the url
Old Nov 11, 2013, 4:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This discussion made me want to go back and look at the non participation list, but when I try the url spg.com/taketwo from the OP, I get a page saying that the promo is over. Help!
Old Nov 11, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: Hard to keep one
Hope these links are helpful

https://www.spgpromos.com/taketwo/?action=terms

http://www.spgpromos.com/taketwo/?ac...language=en_us

just opened them so they should work
Old Nov 11, 2013, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This discussion made me want to go back and look at the non participation list, but when I try the url spg.com/taketwo from the OP, I get a page saying that the promo is over. Help!

Try this address:
http://www.spgpromos.com/taketwo/?ac...language=en_us

I had to try a couple of links in the original page to get there.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 5:55 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Thanks.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 5:05 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

So is there a simple way to track the number of stays I had for this promo? With the long promo period, a mix of qualifying and non-qualifying stays, and all the non-participating properties, it would take some serious digging to find out how far I am from the next 2500 point threshold. Is there some sort of progress meter?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Not really but when the 2500 pts post, they do tell you on which stay it was achieved.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Not really but when the 2500 pts post, they do tell you on which stay it was achieved.
Yes, and then you know unambiguously where you stand if you got the 2500 points for a one night stay. Otherwise, you might need to go back to look at a previous award of 2500 points and reconstruct the counting of nights.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 12:13 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Lol, I figured out that option, but my last 2500 points posted on a 3-night stay, and the prior ones on a 2-night stay.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 2:29 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I just ran a little analysis of my stays during this promo. It results in me earning 2 extra points per dollar spent overall vs stays that were at non-participating properties. A nice little bump, and one of the reasons I do my best not to stay at non-participating properties during promos like this. So to all you non-participating hotels, I say

If you're interested to see the full analysis you can see post #57 here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...popular-4.html
Old Nov 16, 2013, 5:49 am

Programs: SA Lifetime Gold, DL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Guys, can any one tell me where on the SPG website I can see the promotions I have signed up for? I am currently debating whether to stay at a Hilton or SPG hotel in NYC. I am signed up for the Hilton Q4 promo but can't remember if I did for SPG. Or do I need to call to check?
Old Nov 16, 2013, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Completed a 3 night stay this week at a non-participating property (only SPG in town)...stinks, but what can you do.

What's REALLY poor, IMO, is not counting these nights toward the 2,500 point progress. It's one thing for individual properties to not participate - but IMO Starwood should take the "hit" for them and fund the 2,500 thresholds out of their own pockets.

One could in theory do 20 nights during this promo period and not get a single bonus point if they were all non-participating properties, right? It's poor form for that individual to not get at least the 10K points.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 6:33 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Completed a 3 night stay this week at a non-participating property (only SPG in town)...stinks, but what can you do.
Have you considered not staying in such a place? At least three of us avoid non participating hotels.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Exclamation

Originally Posted by hedoman
Have you considered not staying in such a place? At least three of us avoid non participating hotels.
My post was confusing - was literally the only SPG option in town

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.