Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: 10 Suite Night Awards (SNAs) for Plats with 50 nights in calendar year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

Discussion: 10 Suite Night Awards (SNAs) for Plats with 50 nights in calendar year

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: Trying my best to love Le Club Accor (Gold)
Interesting observation when i'm toying around with dummy booking while waiting on hot escape rates for December.
It looks like the SNA may only be used within few hours of prepaid booking was made, while for flex rates it's still available until now.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 4:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Ver Jaina
Interesting observation when i'm toying around with dummy booking while waiting on hot escape rates for December.
It looks like the SNA may only be used within few hours of prepaid booking was made, while for flex rates it's still available until now.
I don't understand what you mean. You should be able to apply SNAs to any reservation made on spg.com up until 2 pm local hotel time on the day before arrival.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 4:20 pm

Gosh, I still have 6 SNAs left with 2 months to go in 2015, and it's not for lack of trying to use them. What's more disappointing than not getting a Plat benefits upgrade to suite even though there's availability on website? It's hotels denying your SNAs despite suite availability.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Gosh, I still have 6 SNAs left with 2 months to go in 2015, and it's not for lack of trying to use them. What's more disappointing than not getting a Plat benefits upgrade to suite even though there's availability on website? It's hotels denying your SNAs despite suite availability.
Probably more likely hotels not assigning entire inventory to SNA upgrade pool. SPG needs to make this more transparent to keep properties from playing games. Until then continue contacting the Lurkers if you feel something isn't right.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Probably more likely hotels not assigning entire inventory to SNA upgrade pool. SPG needs to make this more transparent to keep properties from playing games. Until then continue contacting the Lurkers if you feel something isn't right.
Pretty ironic that after the changes to higher Cash&Points they virtually disappeared from the hotels that I frequent. SNAs useless, urgh.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 5:17 pm

Pretty ironic that after the changes to higher Cash&Points they virtually disappeared from the hotels that I frequent. SNAs useless, urgh.
And yet I am 95%+ success with both.

Different travel patterns...

Cheers,
Old Nov 3, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: Trying my best to love Le Club Accor (Gold)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't understand what you mean. You should be able to apply SNAs to any reservation made on spg.com up until 2 pm local hotel time on the day before arrival.
I'm so sorry for not writing clearly (English is not my main language)...

I made a prepaid reservation last week, there is an option to use SNA but i didn't do it. This week when i try to apply it again it shows "MISMATCHED_SPG_USERS_SNA"

I also have another flex booking using my SET rates made last week where SNA forms available.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 6:46 am

Welcome to the club. I have 19 SNA. My first one that ever cleared went thru this last weekend.

Lessons for people like you and I;

- why use a SNA? In Barcelona I could book for 2k pts/night more,the first type of room a SNA is allowed to be used on. I effectively killed other SPG members chances of using their SNA, and my suite was secure at the time of booking.

I still applied my SNA on the stay - but it was turned down (for the even nicer room available).

I think that this is either a problem or a solution depending on where you stand.

Are you trying to save SPG points and use SNA instead? This is disadvantageous to you.

Are you swimming in SPG points and just want to secure suites at the time of booking? This is an advantage for you.

So there is a "hidden way" SPG members can use to secure those suites that our SNA are being declined on. Every time I have mine denied, I wonder if a points-rich member just didn't book it on points.

As a result; those other platinum benefits seem way more useful if you are a person who will book the suites on points.

Old Nov 3, 2015, 6:53 am

This is pretty obvious, but in real talk - this also means using your SNA on shoulder seasons and off seasons. Let's face it, everyone wants to use SNA around bankers holidays (more or less)

If we all used our SNA in Asia or in shoulder seasons - we would have no problems using them.

But the fact is everyone with SNA needs to have realistic expectations around those holidays. Aka, 0% success.

Originally Posted by Flews
And yet I am 95%+ success with both.

Different travel patterns...

Cheers,
Old Nov 3, 2015, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by factory81
This is pretty obvious, but in real talk - this also means using your SNA on shoulder seasons and off seasons. .
I tried it any-given time and every month and any-given week of the year that I travel. No go. So no, not everyone is narrowed-minded as you that thinks other people are only failing because they only try to use them for Christmas holidays.

This says while SPG corporate might be giving out generous benefits, but SPG actual property owners/managers are not honoring their corporate obligations.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 7:27 am

Welcome to the club. I have 19 SNA. My first one that ever cleared went thru this last weekend.

Lessons for people like you and I;

- why use a SNA? In Barcelona I could book for 2k pts/night more,the first type of room a SNA is allowed to be used on. I effectively killed other SPG members chances of using their SNA, and my suite was secure at the time of booking.

I still applied my SNA on the stay - but it was turned down (for the even nicer room available).

I think that this is either a problem or a solution depending on where you stand.

Are you trying to save SPG points and use SNA instead? This is disadvantageous to you.

Are you swimming in SPG points and just want to secure suites at the time of booking? This is an advantage for you.

So there is a "hidden way" SPG members can use to secure those suites that our SNA are being declined on. Every time I have mine denied, I wonder if a points-rich member just didn't book it on points.

As a result; those other platinum benefits seem way more useful if you are a person who will book the suites on points.
How about people like me that actually pay FULL PRICE for a room that got turned down for SNA, no using freebie points on top of SNA trying to score freebie suites. Why would SNA favor those that are willing to pay a bunch of points and not those that actually pays expensive rates?

(And no I don't book into cheapest room trying to score SNA, I usually book into Superior/Enhanced/Upgraded/Whatever room that's available because I know expectation of SNA clearing, or heaven-forbid Plat benefit upgrade, are very slim).
Old Nov 3, 2015, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
that doesn't work at every property....most properties require double the number of points for a suite....
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
that doesn't work at every property....most properties require double the number of points for a suite....
Not that it's stopped us from hearing it about 10 times before, and probably another 10 times in the future!
Old Nov 3, 2015, 8:19 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
I booked a 6 night stay at the Sheraton Maui in December on points. The standard mountain/resort view rooms bookable online were sold out, so I had to call SPG to book the higher category Partial Ocean View. However, I did not have the option to apply SNAs online to the stay, given that this is considered one of those "complex" reservations. Fair enough.

Question is should I call SPG to assist in applying the SNAs or are points stays (specifically those made for higher category rooms through calling SPG) not eligible for SNA use?

Any ideas/comments?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.