Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2016, 9:10 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by ean2015
I am traveling to Aloft BKK during next week Songkran festival. Anyone else is coming too? What should I expect as a Gold?
Welcome amenity, points.
Free internet.
4 pm checkout.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 7:53 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by 2lovelife
Welcome amenity, points.
Free internet.
4 pm checkout.
and get wet!
Old Apr 9, 2016, 10:49 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Originally Posted by ean2015
I am traveling to Aloft BKK during next week Songkran festival. Anyone else is coming too? What should I expect as a Gold?
Expect to be splashed with water walking on Soi 11.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Sounds really fun then....anyone of you are coming to BKK by chance?
Old Apr 10, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Its fun if that is what you are going there for. I found it annoying having a set of wet clothes in my baggage for a long trip. They will literally dump buckets of water on you which is not always what you want. If you want to stay dry get a taxi and dont get out in public areas.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 8:30 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by geminidreams
Its fun if that is what you are going there for. I found it annoying having a set of wet clothes in my baggage for a long trip. They will literally dump buckets of water on you which is not always what you want. If you want to stay dry get a taxi and dont get out in public areas.
And the water isn't always clean. Take ziplock bags for your stuff.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by yosithezet
And the water isn't always clean. Take ziplock bags for your stuff.
And it sometimes has ice in it. The worst.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
ALOFT Bangkok ( award reservation fraud )

Trying to make a reservation for the weekend, I found out again :
Them have standard rooms ALOFT rooms, but not open them for award bookings!
So I called the platinum desk, and them see the same. Every weekend until end of April the FRI and SAT night is closed for award bookings !
I called the hotel and a supervisor confirmed, revenue management decided to close award availability in high season every FRI/SAT
Why ? Because them are a cat 2 hotel and have to give out the rooms for 3000 points instead of 4000.
This is against the SPG rules !
SPG should force them to participate with the Programm, or to leave it.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Well, it may not be in compliance with the rules; but it doesn't qualify as fraud. Apparently they were quite up-front with you about what they did, no fraud or deception at all!!

You might try a PM to one of the Lurkers. Bound to be more effective than a rant on FT.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: SPG Plat
If a standard room is available, call SPG and they can perform an override.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by rooivalk
If a standard room is available, call SPG and they can perform an override.
I already called SPG platinum desk.
In them system them not open standard rooms ! I told her but on SPG them available. She looked into SPG.com and indeed she saw ALOFT rooms available, but she also could not book it on points.
I told her, she can check on SPG.com, this is the case every FRI/SAT until end of April.
Agent sugested to call hotel directly, which i did. Spoke with a supervisor, but he insisted iam to late, have to call back tomorrow, and have to ask for " the reservationmanager". He also confirmed that revenue management decided to close award availability on fridays and saturdays.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I wondered if they had already resolved the probelm as I was able to see awards for Th-Sun stays, as well as single Sat night stays, in May, contrary to the OP's assertion there were none.

Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
OP is looking for April, not May.

IIRC Starwood doesn't allow minimum stay restrictions on award stays if the same requirements aren't applied to regular paid stays.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OP is looking for April, not May.

IIRC Starwood doesn't allow minimum stay restrictions on award stays if the same requirements aren't applied to regular paid stays.
I think this maybe the explanation, from a quick search the 'Chic' room type is only available to book as a paid stay with minimum night requirements over the weekend, 3 seems the magic number but if you try a single night the 'Urban' Room tye is offered which they do not class as a standard room type and thus not available for points booking.

It seems this Aloft has several different room types on on spg.com when you do a booking it lists them all under the Aloft Rooms catogory rather than seperating them.

From what I can tell the only difference between Chic & Urban is the view but that makes it a non stndard room and thus not available for the lower points redemption.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 2:46 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
I think this maybe the explanation, from a quick search the 'Chic' room type is only available to book as a paid stay with minimum night requirements over the weekend, 3 seems the magic number but if you try a single night the 'Urban' Room tye is offered which they do not class as a standard room type and thus not available for points booking.

It seems this Aloft has several different room types on on spg.com when you do a booking it lists them all under the Aloft Rooms catogory rather than seperating them.

From what I can tell the only difference between Chic & Urban is the view but that makes it a non stndard room and thus not available for the lower points redemption.
^

The standard room is the Chic room, which is not available to book as a single-night paid stay on the April dates listed by the OP.

Interesting, though, is that if you search paid stays on spg.com, it offers an "Aloft Room" as the base room. If you do exactly the same search on the iPad app, it specifically lists the Chic room type, followed by the (more expensive) Urban room. There's no listing of an "Aloft Room"on the app at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.