Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Is there a possibility of upgrade at Westin Las Vegas with no status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there a possibility of upgrade at Westin Las Vegas with no status?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2010, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by sc flier
This property is owned by Columbia Sussex, and they have a history of pushing the line with SPG. They own the following SPG hotels as well as hotels with most of the other major brands (especially Marriott):
Sheraton Baltimore - City Center
Sheraton Hotel Newark
Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
Westin Casuarina, Las Vegas
Westin St. Maarten
Westin Bristol Place, Toronto
Westin Casuarina, Grand Cayman
Westin Chicago Northwest
Westin New Orleans
Westin San Diego
Westin Tampa Harbour Island
Westin Washington DC
the properties in bold are where i have stayed a bunch of times & i don't recall ever getting a plat suite upgrade at any one of these places....
Old Aug 30, 2010, 1:35 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
PS: Attn the Starwood Lurkers. What is your opinion about this topic? Should the complimentary room upgrades (if available at check-in) go to top status customers or is it ok if they go against "tips" to other customers?
Seriously, I would not expect a lurker from any hotel organisation to agree that it is ok to bribe the hotel staff in order to obtain an upgrade.

In fact if a staff is caught accepting a bribe for that and it is brought to the attention of either the management of the property or to SPG, I am pretty sure some action may be taken to prevent this from happening.

Whether it is a trend or not, not up to me to comment though.

Hope this helps.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Aug 30, 2010, 6:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by saad
the properties in bold are where i have stayed a bunch of times & i don't recall ever getting a plat suite upgrade at any one of these places....
To be fair, some of the properties you list have a limited number of suites. Example, The Westin Grand, Westin Las Vegas, Westin Tampa.

I recently stayed at the Westin New Orleans and was upgraded to a huge suite.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
[COLOR="Sienna"]To be fair, some of the properties you list have a limited number of suites. Example, The Westin Grand, Westin Las Vegas, Westin Tampa.
maybe....

no complaints though....if i really needed a suite at any one of these places then i would have booked it....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.