Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Updated *A RTW Spreadsheet (Updated 1 Jan 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated *A RTW Spreadsheet (Updated 1 Jan 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2011, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Statusless and proud
I've made it one of my New Year's resolutions to make an updated version of the spreadsheet for my FT friends. Doing so as we speak.

Chris

Last edited by JayhawkCO; Jan 2, 2011 at 11:27 am
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Updated! Prices accurate as of 1/1/11

Here's the link.

I apologize that this time I didn't get the prices in local currency. I just took the prices off my soon-to-be-expired Expert Flyer account and it doesn't provide the unconverted currencies, so all prices are in USD.

Quick notes:
Cheapest YRWSPCL: Egypt $2643
Cheapest Everything Else: Angola, Congo-Kinshasa, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe at $3021/$3468/$4554 for Y, $6546/$7527/$8788 for C, and $10265/$11726/$13707 for F.

Cheers.

Chris

Last edited by JayhawkCO; Jan 2, 2011 at 11:27 am
Old Jan 2, 2011, 11:14 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
Link doesn't seem to work for me...?
Old Jan 2, 2011, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Hmmm... works for me fine.

Try this un-tinyURLed version.

Chris
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Hmmm... works for me fine.

Try this un-tinyURLed version.
'Fraid it doesn't work for me either. It asks me to sign in to some kind of Google account.

cheers,

Henry
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, should work now. Google's privacy settings are mislabeled or something. Or maybe I'm illiterate.

Chris
Old Jan 2, 2011, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
worked fine for me. thanks to author!!
Old Jan 2, 2011, 1:54 pm

Sorry, should work now.
Yes, OK now. Thanks, Chris.

cheers,

Henry
Old Jan 4, 2011, 12:43 am

Thanks, Chris! Brilliant.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 3:48 am

Programs: US - Plat
Question Where to get RTW prices

Hi All,
I'm looking to get a RTW from Florida to Adelaide, Sydney, Bangkok, London and then home.

If I go onto the star alliance website and enter all the flights, it gives me a price of around $29,000 for two people!

A few years ago to used to be a fixed price, is that avaiable now?

Looking through this thread, I see ticket prices as low as $2600 for a RTW ticket.

Where is the best place to get a RTW ticket with star alliance?

I've looked at the spreadsheet, but don't understand the codes YRWSPCL, YRWSTAR1, YRWSTAR2, etc. What do they all mean and where do they come from?

Are there RTW companion fares available? I'm US Airways platinum and my wife is gold, if that makes any difference.

Has anybody got any experience of booking economy RTW and then upgrading at the airport or getting free upgrades due to gold status?

I hope all that made sense

Any advice gratefully received...
Old Jan 14, 2011, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by SnellyUSA
I've looked at the spreadsheet...

Any advice gratefully received...
Welcome to FlyerTalk, SnellyUSA.

This thread is not really the best place for a beginner to start exploring the complexities of a *A RTW ticket. But at the top of this forum you will find a 'sticky' thread entitled '*A Useful reference Links'. Therein is a section devoted to RTWs, with a lot of good information. You'll need to do a bit of homework, but when you've got a basic idea of what's involved come back to FT and ask your specific questions. You will get a lot of good advice. One thing you should do sooner rather than later is download a copy of the Official rules and familiarise yourself with them; this will save you a lot of headaches later on.

cheers,

Henry
Old Jan 29, 2011, 4:53 am

Does anybody have an update of the spreadsheet available? prices changed during january as i found out by trying some routings in the *A online tool... would be great to have the actual pricelist available here! ^
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by levelside
Does anybody have an update of the spreadsheet available? prices changed during january as i found out by trying some routings in the *A online tool... would be great to have the actual pricelist available here! ^
They just changed again? Ugh. I just made the spreadsheet a month ago. And I hadn't seen any announcements of fare increases. Normally Kiwi Flyer beats everyone to the scoop.

Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.