Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Updated *A RTW Spreadsheet (Updated 1 Jan 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated *A RTW Spreadsheet (Updated 1 Jan 2011)

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2009, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA Plat, SW AL/CP
Originally Posted by runtothehills
Yes I'm based in AKL and just purchased a YSTAR2 for $2600US + taxes, thanks to the fiji currency drop!
I'm jealous, i'm going to end up booking my YSTAR2 from Mozambique, but I'll have to use 80k miles to get there and back .
Old May 17, 2009, 9:23 pm

Programs: Discretely with AA-G AFFB-C2 UA-EP LHLX-S HH-D
Originally Posted by chutchins
I was going to add GUM - Guam, but I don't believe (at least according to the *A tool) that there are any *A flights to/from GUM.
GUM will be *A, when CO become full members later this year.

And then there'll be new ways to go Trans-Pacific. Guam-(several of those islands)-Majuro-Fiji-Honolulu . . .

... and thanks for this great service, with the spreadsheet.
Old May 19, 2009, 6:44 am

So I've taken the liberty of updating JayHawkCo's spreadsheet to reflect the latest prices/exchange rates, as well as added the 26,000 mile YRWSPCL fare. I retrieved the prices from ExpertFlyer, which only had ~30-40 currencies. So for the one's it didn't have, I put the fare in USD.

Enjoy: Star_Alliance_RTW_050809.xls
Chutchins,

That's excellent, many thanks. Looks like my (recent) favoured start point in Japan is good again (CRW1) since they dropped the prices! (I do RTW once a year and moved my start to Tokyo a few years ago).

I've put this data into a google spreadsheet so that it automatically updates the currency exchange rates. It's a little slow to edit etc, but fine to view.
Let me know if you'd like to have a copy for your personal use or for posting.

Cheers,
ND
Old May 19, 2009, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Nil Desperandum
Let me know if you'd like to have a copy for your personal use or for posting.
Can you make that spreadsheet public so we can all view it? I'd love to have a look!
Old May 19, 2009, 10:59 am

So for my own personal RTW trip this summer, I just used the *A tool to price a YRWSTAR2 out of NBO and EBB. Despite ExpertFlyer giving me a price of $3,120 USD, the *A Tool gave me a price of $5,321 USD. Anyone know who's right? And if its *A, then my apologies for the spreadsheet being inaccurate, it is based on data from ExpertFlyer.
Old May 20, 2009, 7:07 am

Can you make that spreadsheet public so we can all view it? I'd love to have a look!
OK, published as a webpage, here... not sure what control you have over it.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...hABLA&hl=en_GB

Looks like you can't edit and it doesn't update... but it should give you the idea.
If you want better access give me your google account address and I'll invite you so you can see it in google docs.

Cheers,
ND
Old May 20, 2009, 7:58 am

Programs: UA 1k
Thanks! Useful information!
Old May 21, 2009, 2:27 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by kmfdm91
I know one country that does have the special fare loaded - the U.K., and the price for the 26k trip in Y is 1259 quid - pretty damn nice!

-jeremy
When did the fares go up so massively? GBP1259 when the above post was written in January, and now GBP2226?!
Old May 24, 2009, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Karter
When did the fares go up so massively? GBP1259 when the above post was written in January, and now GBP2226?!
The new pricing was (depending on specific countries) introduced between Feb 1 and March 30, 2009 IIRC.

Regards

LH*GOLD
Old May 26, 2009, 10:30 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
So after studying the spreadsheet, there really is no place in Europe anymore where you can start a C RTW for less than EUR 5000. Or have I overlooked something?
Old Jun 4, 2009, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
So after studying the spreadsheet, there really is no place in Europe anymore where you can start a C RTW for less than EUR 5000. Or have I overlooked something?

If I read it correctly--no NA RTW less than $10,000 CDN-- Europe appears Good!!
Old Jul 18, 2009, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
If I read the chart correctly a CRTW1 would cost 990000 ISK (3120 €), is this price still true, that would be 40% less than a ticket issued in Germany/France etc.?

Also, do I have to live in Iceland, or is it sufficient to start my RTW there?

Thank´s in advance!
Old Jul 18, 2009, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
If I read the chart correctly a CRTW1 would cost 990000 ISK (3120 €), is this price still true, that would be 40% less than a ticket issued in Germany/France etc.?

Also, do I have to live in Iceland, or is it sufficient to start my RTW there?

Thank´s in advance!
I'm not sure if the pricing is still correct, but you could certainly price out the trip with the new RTW tool: http://staralliance.innosked.com/.

As for requirements, you don't need to live there, just start your trip there.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Thank´s chutchins for your fast reply!

Just made a sample routing out of KEF and the prices are still correct, 3600 € for a CRTW1 including taxes really doesn´t sound too bad

Just to make sure, would it cause any problems if I didn´t fly the last leg (Europe - KEF) of the ticket?
Old Jul 18, 2009, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Just made a sample routing out of KEF and the prices are still correct, 3600 € for a CRTW1 including taxes really doesn´t sound too bad...
No, that doesn't sound too bad, but it also doesn't sound like the right price. Last time I checked, a 29k-mile RTW in C ex-Iceland was about 5500€ + taxes/surcharges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.