Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Updated *A RTW Spreadsheet (Updated 1 Jan 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated *A RTW Spreadsheet (Updated 1 Jan 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2009, 4:22 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ac777
...cost me CDN 5500 in CStar1--all in.
Originally Posted by zara
Does the price include the taxes and surcharges for your specific routing or is it just the CRWSTAR1 fare?
Hello !?!

cheers,

Henry
Old Jan 14, 2009, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Extremely helpful information!!! Many thanks, JayhawkCO! ^
Old Jan 14, 2009, 5:33 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by henry999
Hello !?!

cheers,

Henry
Oh boy...
Thanks for reminding me that I should get a new pair of glasses soon
Old Mar 21, 2009, 7:34 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
I'm curious, where are the actual fares populated from on this worksheet?

I've just updated a version of the spreadsheet to get the latest currency exchange rates, but I know from reading other threads that the prices have also been changing (Have passed the info on that to JayhawkCO too).

Does ExpertFlyer provide these fare costs (as I think I saw 'EF' mentioned in a few places)?

My situation is looking into a RTW, probably CRWSTAR3 (maybe FRWSTAR3) combined with a circle pass or two potentially. I have time/money (or frequent flier miles) to spend going to an exotic country to ticket/start/end the journey if needed so trying to just get an idea of which country is the cheapest, and how to update that knowledge when I get closer to ticketing (in a 6 months perhaps). I'm trying for more exotic journeys which means that 39k miles isn't really enough as standard, hence starting in an exotic location (I'm based in LON) means I can already save some of those 39k miles as I'm trying to avoid Europe for the most part anyway.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 10:11 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Expertflyer provides RTW fares. Just plug in the same cities in each box, eg. LAX-LAX and you will get all the RTW fares (as well as some other types like Circle Asia/Pacific etc.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 10:13 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Expertflyer provides RTW fares. Just plug in the same cities in each box, eg. LAX-LAX and you will get all the RTW fares (as well as some other types like Circle Asia/Pacific etc.
Thanks BlondeBomber, guess I'm going to need to get myself a subscription as I get closer to actually booking my trip.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by henry999
Hello !?!

cheers,

Henry
Henry,

Sorry!! Yes it was all inclduing taxes etc. My wife's RTW C Stra 1 ex-ICN came in at $5350 all in!!
Old May 14, 2009, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA Plat, SW AL/CP
New/Updated Version of the JayHawkCo spreadsheet

So I've taken the liberty of updating JayHawkCo's spreadsheet to reflect the latest prices/exchange rates, as well as added the 26,000 mile YRWSPCL fare. I retrieved the prices from ExpertFlyer, which only had ~30-40 currencies. So for the one's it didn't have, I put the fare in USD.

Enjoy: Star_Alliance_RTW_050809.xls
Old May 14, 2009, 6:02 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by chutchins
So I've taken the liberty of updating JayHawkCo's spreadsheet to reflect the latest prices/exchange rates, as well as added the 26,000 mile YRWSPCL fare. I retrieved the prices from ExpertFlyer, which only had ~30-40 currencies. So for the one's it didn't have, I put the fare in USD.

Enjoy: Star_Alliance_RTW_050809.xls
Thanks for the homework/update! ^

Wow, looks like the UK of all places is a good "launching point" now --if I'm reading the table correctly.
Old May 14, 2009, 7:24 pm

Well the UK certainly comes in cheaper than most of Europe & North America, but, Asia, Africa and Oceania are even cheaper. That all said, the best "launching point" is certainly Fiji.
Old May 14, 2009, 8:04 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Silver
Well the UK certainly comes in cheaper than most of Europe & North America, but, Asia, Africa and Oceania are even cheaper. That all said, the best "launching point" is certainly Fiji.
Ah thanks for pointing that out. Column P should have been the basis of my sort --did not catch that it was GBP.
Old May 15, 2009, 12:17 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Thanks chutchins ^

Does anyone know what is the fare for countries of origin not listed?
Old May 15, 2009, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Thanks chutchins ^

I still have my ExpertFlyer account, so let me know the countries and i'll add them.
Old May 15, 2009, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Thanks chutchins ^

Per Kiwi Flyer's request, I've added the following countries to the sheet:

NLK - Norfolk Island
NOU - Noumea
PPT - Tahiti
IUE - Niue
RAR - Cook Islands
PRN - Kosovo

I was going to add GUM - Guam, but I don't believe (at least according to the *A tool) that there are any *A flights to/from GUM.

Here it is: Star_Alliance_RTW_050809_v2.xls
Old May 16, 2009, 10:05 pm

Programs: AirNZ *G, HHonors, Hertz Gold, OmniHotels Black card
That all said, the best "launching point" is certainly Fiji.
Yes I'm based in AKL and just purchased a YSTAR2 for $2600US + taxes, thanks to the fiji currency drop!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.