Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

*A First Class Routes Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*A First Class Routes Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2011, 3:00 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-gb; Nexus S Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by slaman
Hello all,

I am trying to create an itinerary that maximizes the first class routes... I am just playing around with the ANA tool to see availability and for some reason there is 0 F-class availability for any flights from EWR/JFK/IAD to ZRH... Why is this? I am looking at exactly 330 days out, so unless someone already booked the seats released today, I don't understand why nothing is showing up.

Any insight?
To elaborate, I have expanded my search to include other american and canadian cities and found some availability on LH.. Can't seem to find ANYTHING on LX, TG, or SQ. Does the ANA tool support those three? When are f class seats released for those three?

Last edited by slaman; Apr 19, 2011 at 4:58 pm
Old Apr 19, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Hello all,

I am trying to create an itinerary that maximizes the first class routes... I am just playing around with the ANA tool to see availability and for some reason there is 0 F-class availability for any flights from EWR/JFK/IAD to ZRH... Why is this? I am looking at exactly 330 days out, so unless someone already booked the seats released today, I don't understand why nothing is showing up.

Any insight?
Try JFK-FRA-ZRH on the ANA tool. Input them as separate segments. JFK-FRA usually shows some LH F availability both ways from either EWR or JFK to FRA. The FRA-ZRH segment would be Euro zone F, which is not a very desireable product.

SunLover
Old Apr 19, 2011, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by SunLover
Try JFK-FRA-ZRH on the ANA tool. Input them as separate segments. JFK-FRA usually shows some LH F availability both ways from either EWR or JFK to FRA. The FRA-ZRH segment would be Euro zone F, which is not a very desireable product.

SunLover
Thanks! I managed to get a few flights on LH... but nothing on LX or SQ... any ideas on how I can find those?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:13 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Thanks! I managed to get a few flights on LH... but nothing on LX or SQ... any ideas on how I can find those?
LX and SQ are extremely tight with F (and even J) reward availability for *A members outside of their respective FF programs; although there have been a few reports of availability appearing as the flight dates approach.

Basically - check and pray, check and pray...

SunLover
Old Apr 20, 2011, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by SunLover
LX and SQ are extremely tight with F (and even J) reward availability for *A members outside of their respective FF programs; although there have been a few reports of availability appearing as the flight dates approach.

Basically - check and pray, check and pray...

SunLover
I see... and if 2-3 weeks before my departure date, I see something open up, I change my itinerary to accommodate the new availability? What happens if it requires a date change, a route change, and an airline change?

For example, if I book JFK-FRA on LH right now, and 2 weeks before I leave, LX opens up availability on JFK-ZRH... can I change it to JFK-ZRH and add a connection to FRA all for a single change fee? ($90 per ticket with AC) Or would that require three separate changes and a $270 change fee?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I see... and if 2-3 weeks before my departure date, I see something open up, I change my itinerary to accommodate the new availability? What happens if it requires a date change, a route change, and an airline change?

For example, if I book JFK-FRA on LH right now, and 2 weeks before I leave, LX opens up availability on JFK-ZRH... can I change it to JFK-ZRH and add a connection to FRA all for a single change fee? ($90 per ticket with AC) Or would that require three separate changes and a $270 change fee?
My understanding of the AC scheme is 1 or 6 changes made at the same time incur 1 fee. Call back to make another change and it's another fee.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 1:44 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, KL Gold
The following routes also have first class cabins

FRA ALA on LH
FRA TSE on LH
FRA BLR on LH
BKK DPS on TG

Last edited by L4ibsch; Jun 23, 2011 at 11:57 am Reason: added more routes
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
MUC-DEN appears gone
Old Jul 14, 2011, 4:52 am

Recent *A 1st award booking

Successfully booked with 145,000 UA MP the following *A 1st award res:
MCO - FRA on LH
FRA - BKK on TG
BKK - PEK on TG
PEK - ORD on UA
ORD - MCO on UA

1st class seats came through for entire itinerary.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 8:29 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by udondenver
Successfully booked with 145,000 UA MP the following *A 1st award res:
MCO - FRA on LH
FRA - BKK on TG
BKK - PEK on TG
PEK - ORD on UA
ORD - MCO on UA

1st class seats came through for entire itinerary.
RTW in F for 145k is pretty damned amazing.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 5:25 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
RTW in F for 145k is pretty damned amazing.
How about this for 120k? Booked this for 2012--(Aeroplan, but they are raising this award type to 175K for bookings made after 7/15/2011

YYZ-DUS LH F
DUS-LIS LH C
LIS-ZRH TP C
ZRH-HKG LX F
HKG-HND NH C
NRT-ORD NH F
ORD-YYZ UA F
Old Jul 15, 2011, 2:08 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
List is updated to here.

Originally Posted by ande777emt
To name a few, CA also has F on:

PEK-ARN
PEK-CDG
PEK-CAN

PVG-FRA
PVG-MXP

Edit:
CA Aircraft selection with F:

744/74E
777 (777-200 ER, but in timetable 3 class is 777, 2 class is 772)
77W in Sept 2011 and onward.
Thanks for the CA info.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 3:43 am

777 and 767 feature the old style First Class seats, which are far from the true Intl first standard. 747/A340 feature new seats.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
ANA is introducing F also on NRT-CDG in addition to current european destinations LHR and FRA autumn 2011.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 9:30 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
SFO-DUB

I am looking for the most comfortable/convenient/reliable *A routing for a roundtrip SFO DUB. Could be C or F.

Some choices so far -
Out of SFO on UA to
a) LHR
b) ORD
c) JFK
d) IAD
e) BOS

It looks as if FRA (on LH/UA) should be an option, but it doesn't come up on ual.com

What about AC via YYZ? US via PHL?

This is more about reliability and comfort than the # of miles I spend. Getting up in age and am willing to use whatever miles it takes - I have lots.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.