Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Can one use *Gold card for perks but collect miles on another programm ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can one use *Gold card for perks but collect miles on another programm ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by neo2122
Spoke to call centre agent at KrisFlyer to input FTQS: NH *Alliance G and retain FQTV: SQ, the agent says she could only input a SQ number into the FQTS field. Kinda pissed though, individual fields but apparently the fields weren't flexible to accept various FFP numbers. In this case, should I retain FQTV to be SQ and give up on the benefits that I should receive from my NH *G? I do wish to have the miles credited to SQ KF. Argh! Gonna lose Check-in & Baggage benefits, Lounge access, etc??!!
You may lose some *G privileges like priority boarding and baggage. But, you definitely will have access to the lounge! You just need to have your physical NH *G card to show. The other benefits all depend on what agent you encounter at check in.

Do be careful that no on changes your number on the ticket to the NH one. That happened to someone on here who accessed a lounge with their *G card but wanted to credit miles to a different program. The agent accidentally switched the # and the miles ended up getting credited to the wrong program. Just let the agent know not to switch it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.