FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Star Alliance (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance-413/)
-   -   Can one use *Gold card for perks but collect miles on another programm ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance/1852978-can-one-use-gold-card-perks-but-collect-miles-another-programm.html)

cln Jul 11, 17 8:35 am

Can one use *Gold card for perks but collect miles on another programm ?
 
The question is can one use his A*Gold for priority boarding / lounge access etc but credit the miles for the flight to another program ?

sbm12 Jul 11, 17 9:52 am

Yes. Sometimes. Maybe. It really depends on the airlines involved.

Getting priority boarding is harder on most than lounge access or increased baggage allowance, for example.

thejaredhuang Jul 12, 17 10:38 am


Originally Posted by cln (Post 28546652)
The question is can one use his A*Gold for priority boarding / lounge access etc but credit the miles for the flight to another program ?

I've used TK *G to use UC on domestic flights, but I already have priority boarding on UA.

IluvSQ Jul 12, 17 5:55 pm

yes you can

1353513636 Jul 15, 17 5:28 pm

According to the rules, you can, but some airlines, especially European ones, won't let you.

IME,

Allowed:
SQ, TG, UA

Not Allowed:
TP, SK, LH, AC (there's a workaround, PM me if you want to know)

No experiences with other airlines.

You will almost never have a problem presenting your *G card at the lounge regardless what program is on the reservation/on your boarding pass.

LondonElite Jul 15, 17 5:54 pm

Yes, asked one million times here ;)

nanyang Jul 17, 17 8:32 am

UA have denied me lounge access once at SFO when I wanted to use SQ status for that. Also have UA platinum.

Is the above 'normal' with UA?

SPlDER Jul 17, 17 10:41 am

Never have such problem with UA (presenting *G card was enough)

zeer0 Jul 20, 17 1:38 am


Originally Posted by nanyang (Post 28570380)
UA have denied me lounge access once at SFO when I wanted to use SQ status for that. Also have UA platinum.

Is the above 'normal' with UA?

When? It is not normal and I have not heard reports of something like this happening for the past few years.

nanyang Jul 20, 17 2:01 am


Originally Posted by zeer0 (Post 28582830)
When? It is not normal and I have not heard reports of something like this happening for the past few years.

This was one of the UA lounges at SFO in Mar-17.

Admittedly things can be hit-and-miss with UA.

thejaredhuang Jul 20, 17 4:51 pm


Originally Posted by nanyang (Post 28570380)
UA have denied me lounge access once at SFO when I wanted to use SQ status for that. Also have UA platinum.

Is the above 'normal' with UA?

I'm a UA *G and used a TK *G 6-10 times in their domestic lounges (SFO, ORD, EWR) and had no problem. The worst that happened was they had to put my TK FF# on the ticket but they told me to go to the agent in the club and change it back immediately.

nanyang Jul 21, 17 1:04 am


Originally Posted by thejaredhuang (Post 28585685)
I'm a UA *G and used a TK *G 6-10 times in their domestic lounges (SFO, ORD, EWR) and had no problem. The worst that happened was they had to put my TK FF# on the ticket but they told me to go to the agent in the club and change it back immediately.

^

Yeah, it has worked fine otherwise with SQ card, no questions. They said something about changing the FF programme on the ticket - was not motivated to do that.

drvannostren Jul 24, 17 12:12 pm

Yes, but you better be prepared to BRING the card and be persistent.

Sometimes it's a total non issue for me, then other agents give you a hard time. I had an AC lounge agent insist on it, so she changed the FF number on my BP to my other Gold program, scanned me in, then changed it back to the new one after.

For priority boarding, regardless of group, I just pull out my card and flash it when i board with the priority group, no one has ever looked at me sideways.

neo2122 Aug 8, 18 2:26 am

FQTV: SQ and FQTS: NH *G
 

Originally Posted by 1353513636 (Post 28564889)
According to the rules, you can, but some airlines, especially European ones, won't let you.

IME,

Allowed:
SQ, TG, UA

Not Allowed:
TP, SK, LH, AC (there's a workaround, PM me if you want to know)

No experiences with other airlines.

You will almost never have a problem presenting your *G card at the lounge regardless what program is on the reservation/on your boarding pass.

Spoke to call centre agent at KrisFlyer to input FTQS: NH *Alliance G and retain FQTV: SQ, the agent says she could only input a SQ number into the FQTS field. Kinda pissed though, individual fields but apparently the fields weren't flexible to accept various FFP numbers. In this case, should I retain FQTV to be SQ and give up on the benefits that I should receive from my NH *G? I do wish to have the miles credited to SQ KF. Argh! Gonna lose Check-in & Baggage benefits, Lounge access, etc??!!

BullishGS Aug 8, 18 9:07 am


Originally Posted by nanyang (Post 28570380)
UA have denied me lounge access once at SFO when I wanted to use SQ status for that. Also have UA platinum.

Is the above 'normal' with UA?

Im assuming you were flying UA domestic. In that case did you have *G from SQ or only from UA?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:47 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.