Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Lounge Multiple Guests Policy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist

Hypothetical question: if someone has Star Alliance Gold status in addition to a paid lounge membership (e.g. United Club subscription) -- does this grant said person (up to) two guests?

I occasionally see people offering to guest up to two individuals in the various lounge threads -- curious as to how that works from a technical standpoint.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:30 am
aju

Programs: SK Diamond *G
I wouldn't think so. In the same way that having a ticketed travel which entitles you to the lounge, and having a status in the airline that also grants you access to the lounge with guests, you may still only bring one guest.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Polytonic
Hypothetical question: if someone has Star Alliance Gold status in addition to a paid lounge membership (e.g. United Club subscription) -- does this grant said person (up to) two guests?

I occasionally see people offering to guest up to two individuals in the various lounge threads -- curious as to how that works from a technical standpoint.

In my case, when I've offered to guest 2 people, it's because I'm travelling with my wife who also has *G status and can guest the extra person.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Polytonic
If you specifically mean UA club access, UA club members are entitled to 2 guests in UA club lounges.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by steveman518
If you specifically mean UA club access, UA club members are entitled to 2 guests in UA club lounges.
Ah, was specifically referring to international *G lounges in this case. Good to know though!

I looked at the rules again. While the rules don't explicitly state the intersection of the two means of bringing a guest, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the "maximum of one guest" stipulation supersedes all other rules.

Per Elite Status:
You are entitled to a maximum of one guest travelling on any Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport
Per Subscription:
You are entitled to a maximum of one guest travelling on any Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport
I'd be curious to see how a lounge dragon might interpret these rules though.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

No, you cannot "stack" entry qualifications.

Occasionally exceptions, of course, but the rule is no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.