Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Can one use *Gold card for perks but collect miles on another programm ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:35 am
cln
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold

The question is can one use his A*Gold for priority boarding / lounge access etc but credit the miles for the flight to another program ?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes. Sometimes. Maybe. It really depends on the airlines involved.

Getting priority boarding is harder on most than lounge access or increased baggage allowance, for example.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by cln
The question is can one use his A*Gold for priority boarding / lounge access etc but credit the miles for the flight to another program ?
I've used TK *G to use UC on domestic flights, but I already have priority boarding on UA.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
yes you can
Old Jul 15, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
According to the rules, you can, but some airlines, especially European ones, won't let you.

IME,

Allowed:
SQ, TG, UA

Not Allowed:
TP, SK, LH, AC (there's a workaround, PM me if you want to know)

No experiences with other airlines.

You will almost never have a problem presenting your *G card at the lounge regardless what program is on the reservation/on your boarding pass.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 5:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Yes, asked one million times here
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
UA have denied me lounge access once at SFO when I wanted to use SQ status for that. Also have UA platinum.

Is the above 'normal' with UA?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
Never have such problem with UA (presenting *G card was enough)
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nanyang
UA have denied me lounge access once at SFO when I wanted to use SQ status for that. Also have UA platinum.

When? It is not normal and I have not heard reports of something like this happening for the past few years.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by zeer0
When? It is not normal and I have not heard reports of something like this happening for the past few years.
This was one of the UA lounges at SFO in Mar-17.

Admittedly things can be hit-and-miss with UA.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA

I'm a UA *G and used a TK *G 6-10 times in their domestic lounges (SFO, ORD, EWR) and had no problem. The worst that happened was they had to put my TK FF# on the ticket but they told me to go to the agent in the club and change it back immediately.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
I'm a UA *G and used a TK *G 6-10 times in their domestic lounges (SFO, ORD, EWR) and had no problem. The worst that happened was they had to put my TK FF# on the ticket but they told me to go to the agent in the club and change it back immediately.
^

Yeah, it has worked fine otherwise with SQ card, no questions. They said something about changing the FF programme on the ticket - was not motivated to do that.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Yes, but you better be prepared to BRING the card and be persistent.

Sometimes it's a total non issue for me, then other agents give you a hard time. I had an AC lounge agent insist on it, so she changed the FF number on my BP to my other Gold program, scanned me in, then changed it back to the new one after.

For priority boarding, regardless of group, I just pull out my card and flash it when i board with the priority group, no one has ever looked at me sideways.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:26 am

Programs: HHonors Dia, IHG Plat, Le Club All Plat, Accor Plus, BW Dia, Millennium Gold, Sixt Plat, Hertz PC
FQTV: SQ and FQTS: NH *G

Originally Posted by 1353513636
According to the rules, you can, but some airlines, especially European ones, won't let you.

IME,

Allowed:
SQ, TG, UA

Not Allowed:
TP, SK, LH, AC (there's a workaround, PM me if you want to know)

No experiences with other airlines.

You will almost never have a problem presenting your *G card at the lounge regardless what program is on the reservation/on your boarding pass.
Spoke to call centre agent at KrisFlyer to input FTQS: NH *Alliance G and retain FQTV: SQ, the agent says she could only input a SQ number into the FQTS field. Kinda pissed though, individual fields but apparently the fields weren't flexible to accept various FFP numbers. In this case, should I retain FQTV to be SQ and give up on the benefits that I should receive from my NH *G? I do wish to have the miles credited to SQ KF. Argh! Gonna lose Check-in & Baggage benefits, Lounge access, etc??!!
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: UA MP

Im assuming you were flying UA domestic. In that case did you have *G from SQ or only from UA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.