Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

List of *A airlines that do and don't charge fuel surcharges for awards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List of *A airlines that do and don't charge fuel surcharges for awards

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:25 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by schley
Only need the following now:

Aegean

Air China

EgyptAir

Spanair

Thanks all for helping out.
Spanair are gone, so now you are down to 2,

Air China
EgyptAir
Old Sep 3, 2012, 1:25 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, KL Gold
I would kindly suggest to replace "*A airlines" in the title with "*A frequent flyer programmes". You are discussing redemption policies of FFP, not airlines. For example, M&M of LH is well known to aggressively collect YQ. But there still are a few situations where you can book award travel with M&M miles without incurring YQ (ex Brazil, for example) or when booking US flights.
Old May 20, 2013, 4:16 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
I'm booking a RTW trip on ANA: GRU-LIM-BOG-FRA-CAI-ADD-JNB-PER,SYD-BKK-ICN. I suspect BOG-FRA-CAI on LH, SYD-BKK-ICN on TG will have surcharges.
I was quote the following for the ticket

Is it correct for the fuel surcharges to be there? I'd think the "No YQ ex Brazil" rule apply to the whole ticket, not just one segment.
Old May 21, 2013, 6:49 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
All the fuel surcharges should not be there. However, their online booking system doesn't realize that.

When I booked a similiar ticket originating in Brazil, I had to call the contact center, proactively tell them that it is illegal to charge YQ on any airline when originating in Brazil. They agreed to research and came back 2 days later and said that yes, there should be no fuel surcharges, so they were reissuing the ticket.

You are going to have to ticket it first at the higher amount and then have them refund it once they have researched it.

I believe that each of the 3 charges in the "Others" line will go away. Interestingly they charged the Aegean fuel surcharge on mine to "Fare" and not to "YQ". They also wiped that away.

Originally Posted by johnnie198x
I'm booking a RTW trip on ANA: GRU-LIM-BOG-FRA-CAI-ADD-JNB-PER,SYD-BKK-ICN. I suspect BOG-FRA-CAI on LH, SYD-BKK-ICN on TG will have surcharges.
I was quote the following for the ticket

Is it correct for the fuel surcharges to be there? I'd think the "No YQ ex Brazil" rule apply to the whole ticket, not just one segment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.