Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Compliment Letter to PHL Baggage: Will I get a response??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2009, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage

I wrote a compliment letter to the Baggage Services office in Philly for this guy who was very helpful when I left something on the plane. Should I expect a response? Its been 3 weeks and I haven't recieved one. Not necessary but would be nice to know the supervisor over there got the letter.
Old May 21, 2009, 10:23 pm

Programs: WN CP
Yes, you will receive a response. Mine have taken up to six weeks to arrive.
Old May 21, 2009, 11:48 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Jerseyguy, did you send a hard copy letter or did you use the online feedback form? I have noticed the online form asks whether or not you want a reply.
Old May 22, 2009, 7:18 am
Original Poster

It was a hard copy letter sent to PHL directly, I took a card and used the address off of that.
Old May 22, 2009, 7:30 am

Programs: WN CP
Based on my experience, letters sent somewhere other than Customer Relations will be forwarded there for review and response. I just reviewed my last such interaction, and the response time was about one month.
Old May 22, 2009, 9:19 am
In Memoriam - Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest spokesperson
PHL should forward the commendation to the Executive Office for response, where the folks try to respond to each letter as qucikly as possible, but right now they are overwhelmed with commendations--not a bad thing! It might take a bit longer to respond than normal.
Old May 23, 2009, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA, WN, AS, CO, SPG, HGP, FPC
Thanks so much for writing a commendation for Baggage Service! I spent a while as a BSO agent and it's such a thankless job - I'm sure it'll be much appreciated!
Old Jul 6, 2009, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Well it took 2 months but I did get a response from Tim Spaight at the Excutive Offices. "Culture Services Senior Writing Representative?", thats an unusal title, is this a Southwest thing or a industry thing to come up with these wierd titles for people.

It was forwarded to John Minor the station manager over in Philly so hopefully he will get the recognition he deserves. In this economy, it can't hurt to have commendations in your file.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:12 am
In Memoriam - Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest spokesperson
Hey Jersey Guy,
Tim does work in our Headquarters Culture Services Department and he is a senior Employee (longevity, not age), so he is a Senior Writing Rep. My guess is that you might be puzzled by the Culture reference. Culture Services is a small Team of maybe 20 people total. They plan all of our big events like Messages to the Field, Spirit Parties, the Annual Awards Banquet, etc, and they support both the local Culture Committees in each of our locations and the Company Culture Committee that consists of about 300 Employees from every department/location across the system. Another of their duties is responding to the thousands of letters we receive each year from Customers like you and internal commendations from one Employee to another. At last look, they only had maybe 5 Writers and an admin staff about the same size. So each Writer handles huge stacks of mail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.