Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any SWA promo codes for rental cars

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2009, 2:24 pm

Programs: WN CP
Originally Posted by KNRG
I just want to make sure i'm doing everything properly. Do I book through WN's website or directly through hertz website? How do I know i got the right offer to list? Nothing seems to menton the quad reward - but sometimes I do get anything under midsize to show up as non-bookable, I think that is suggesting I did it right..
I always use the Hertz website for booking, but it should work through southwest.com. Yes, it sounds like you did it right. The promotional coupon will make anything less than a midsize unavailable for booking. When booked correctly, your itinerary on hertz.com should show:
Discounts
CDP: SOUTHWEST FF DISCOUNT #
PC: 124806
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:09 pm

Programs: Nothing - I'm useless!
Originally Posted by curbcrusher
I always use the Hertz website for booking, but it should work through southwest.com. Yes, it sounds like you did it right. The promotional coupon will make anything less than a midsize unavailable for booking. When booked correctly, your itinerary on hertz.com should show:
Well, ressie has been made. How long will it take to post after the transaction is complete?
Old Feb 27, 2009, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by KNRG
Well, ressie has been made. How long will it take to post after the transaction is complete?
About a week.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Another non-WN-specific deal, but worthy of attention here.

Alamo is offering $10/day weekend rentals most everywhere in the U.S. except Denver, Aspen, and New York City. Start your booking here or use I.D. 7014691 and Rate/Product Code WKND. Dedicated FlyerTalk thread here (credit to Beckles). Details, terms, and conditions:
While this rate won't qualify for double, triple, or even quadruple credit, you're still eligible to get the standard Rapid Rewards half credit and the savings, in most instances, will dwarf the loss of any bonus Rapid Rewards credits.
This offer is pretty much under a different code now, even though it was supposed to last until 5/31/09: 7014730 is the one to use, not 7014731, although I got the old code to work at STL last weekend. It often generates an error message for me when trying to use it at www.southwest.com.

The old code just gave me a quote of $70+ before taxes/fees for three days in HOU for a compact this coming weekend, but the new one gives $30. I have NOT had to use the WKND Rate/Product code.

Midsizes are $14, full-size $18, premium $20.

Or if you go to www.alamo.com and click on the "Hot Deals" tab at top, it comes up at left. Currently, it's the 4th listing down.

This $10 Alamo deal has now worked several times for me, and I get the .5 RR credit every time, even for 1-day rentals.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Mar 10, 2009 at 9:04 am
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:21 pm

Programs: Nothing - I'm useless!
Just wanted to follow up that my quad-credit just posted. Two weeks after the ressie start date.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 8:52 am

Programs: SWA
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
This offer is pretty much under a different code now, even though it was supposed to last until 5/31/09: 7014730 is the one to use, not 7014731, although I got the old code to work at STL last weekend. It often generates an error message for me when trying to use it at www.southwest.com.

The old code just gave me a quote of $70+ before taxes/fees for three days in HOU for a compact this coming weekend, but the new one gives $30. I have NOT had to use the WKND Rate/Product code.

Midsizes are $14, full-size $18, premium $20.

Or if you go to www.alamo.com and click on the "Hot Deals" tab at top, it comes up at left. Currently, it's the 4th listing down.

This $10 Alamo deal has now worked several times for me, and I get the .5 RR credit every time, even for 1-day rentals.
I just booked a trip with thsi code as well, and my days did not line up exactly. The code requires a Monday return and I was not departing until Wednesday. I booked 2 days with this code and 2 additional days with a different (1.5 RR) code. I ended up saving $60, although I will have to swap cars. That's not a big deal as the office is only 10 minutes away and I have done this before, so I have the system down.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:00 am

Double credit with Avis

I just got this one in email today. It is the first Avis promo code I recall in a while.

Get double credit and save up to 40% off with Avis!

Now until June 30, 2009, you will receive double credit and save up to 40% on a rental of three days or longer. That means, you'll receive one credit per qualifying rental instead of the standard 0.5 credit. This offer is valid on all car groups at any participating Avis airport location in the United States.

For reservations, book online at southwest.com, avis.com, or call Avis at 1-800-331-1212. When booking on southwest.com, please enter K024713 in the Corporate/ID Rate field to receive double credit and earn up to 40% off of your rental. Be sure to provide AWD number K024713 and your Rapid Rewards account number at the time of reservation or checkin to receive your credits.

Valid on ALL car groups!

Terms and Conditions: Double credit offer is valid until June 30, 2009 on qualifying rentals at participating Avis airport locations in the United States. Offer valid on weekend and weekly rates with a minimum of three-day rental length on all Avis car classes. Please mention AWD number K024713 and provide Rapid Rewards account number at time of rental car or checkin to receive bonus credits. An advance reservation is required. Offer may not be used with any other promotion or offer. Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA) and fuel charges extra. Optional items such as LDW ($29.99/day or less except in Louisiana $49.99/day) and other surcharges may apply and are extra. Offer is subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times, including some online rates at avis.com. Car rental return restrictions may apply. Offer subject to change without notice. Holiday and other blackout periods may apply. Renter must meet Avis age, driver, and credit requirements. Minimum rental age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply to renters under 25 years old. Frequent Flyer surcharge of up to U.S. $1.00 per day may apply. Mileage accrual structure subject to change. Allow 4 to 6 weeks for credit to post to account. Rental must begin by June 30,2009. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply. AV08
Old Apr 11, 2009, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by curunir
Budget posts them but I've never gotten the multiple credits as they say in the SWA specials.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 4:47 pm

I agree with you on that one...

Originally Posted by curunir
Budget posts them but I've never gotten the multiple credits as they say in the SWA specials.
I would definitely agree with you on that one. I've got 6 separate rentals from Oct & Nov of last year that they haven't posted correctly with the triple credit. They only post .5 credits instead of 1.5. The Cust Serv Rep from SWA even agreed everything looked fine and I have tried several times to get it rectified and the only response I got back in the form of a letter from Budget was "Southwest informed us the credits have been posted". It hardly seems worth the effort to try and complain.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 10:57 am

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
Triple Credit with Alamo

Just got an e-mail from Alamo offering Triple Rewards with several airline partners including WN.

Just provide your membership number for your preferred program when you make your reservation and earn triple rewards (miles or credits) on qualifying Alamo rentals. This special offer is available through June 15, 2009 on AIR MILES®, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines®, Delta Air Lines®, Hawaiian, Northwest, Southwest Airlines®, United and US Airways®.

Ts&Cs:
Earn 1.5 Rapid Rewards® credit per rental instead of the usual 0.5 when making a reservation using one of the Southwest offer links on this page. Offer valid in United States and Canada. A frequent flyer surcharge of $2.00 may apply. All Rapid Rewards program rules and regulations apply. Allow 6-8 weeks for credits to post to your account. Offer is subject to vehicle availability. Any changes to the reservation may disqualify member from promotion. Not combinable with other Alamo or Alamo-affiliated promotions.

Corp I.D. = 7013567
Valid = Now through 6/15/09
More Info
Old Apr 16, 2009, 6:08 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by chuckworth
Just got an e-mail from Alamo offering Triple Rewards with several airline partners including WN.

Just provide your membership number for your preferred program when you make your reservation and earn triple rewards (miles or credits) on qualifying Alamo rentals. This special offer is available through June 15, 2009 on AIR MILES®, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines®, Delta Air Lines®, Hawaiian, Northwest, Southwest Airlines®, United and US Airways®.

Ts&Cs:
Earn 1.5 Rapid Rewards® credit per rental instead of the usual 0.5 when making a reservation using one of the Southwest offer links on this page. Offer valid in United States and Canada. A frequent flyer surcharge of $2.00 may apply. All Rapid Rewards program rules and regulations apply. Allow 6-8 weeks for credits to post to your account. Offer is subject to vehicle availability. Any changes to the reservation may disqualify member from promotion. Not combinable with other Alamo or Alamo-affiliated promotions.

Corp I.D. = 7013567
More Info
Wow... It doesn't appear to have a minimum rental length. Thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2009, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by LGA
Wow... It doesn't appear to have a minimum rental length. Thanks!
I don't see a minimum rental length either. Good catch. I will definitely use this offer now!!!!
Old Apr 16, 2009, 11:42 am

Programs: SWA
Originally Posted by chuckworth

Ts&Cs:

Corp I.D. = 7013567
More Info
Checked this against other promo codes with Alamo, and this returns higher base rates. Be aware and be sure to check other codes for the best price.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 5:08 am

Can the Hertz Quad promo be applied retroactively....say if your Corporate reservations booked the rental?
Old Apr 22, 2009, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Bean
Can the Hertz Quad promo be applied retroactively....say if your Corporate reservations booked the rental?
You can change your reservation on hertz.com, but will likely lose your corporate pricing and benefits since the quad credit promo requires its own CDP and PC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.