FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - any SWA promo codes for rental cars
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2009, 8:36 am
toomanybooks
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Another non-WN-specific deal, but worthy of attention here.

Alamo is offering $10/day weekend rentals most everywhere in the U.S. except Denver, Aspen, and New York City. Start your booking here or use I.D. 7014691 and Rate/Product Code WKND. Dedicated FlyerTalk thread here (credit to Beckles). Details, terms, and conditions:
While this rate won't qualify for double, triple, or even quadruple credit, you're still eligible to get the standard Rapid Rewards half credit and the savings, in most instances, will dwarf the loss of any bonus Rapid Rewards credits.
This offer is pretty much under a different code now, even though it was supposed to last until 5/31/09: 7014730 is the one to use, not 7014731, although I got the old code to work at STL last weekend. It often generates an error message for me when trying to use it at www.southwest.com.

The old code just gave me a quote of $70+ before taxes/fees for three days in HOU for a compact this coming weekend, but the new one gives $30. I have NOT had to use the WKND Rate/Product code.

Midsizes are $14, full-size $18, premium $20.

Or if you go to www.alamo.com and click on the "Hot Deals" tab at top, it comes up at left. Currently, it's the 4th listing down.

This $10 Alamo deal has now worked several times for me, and I get the .5 RR credit every time, even for 1-day rentals.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Mar 10, 2009 at 9:04 am