Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lack of enforcement of Boarding Order

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2023, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by boycruz
"Preboards make quick turnaround impossible due to wheelchairs so open seating for the whole plane isn't working anymore like it did in the 1970s. "

On a recent DEN -MSP there were 14 wheelchairs and ONE ops agent
Our flight took a 15 min delay because it took 25 min to load all those "preboarders"
Simple really pre boarders are gaming the system.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 7:42 am
Used to be "MariaP"

Originally Posted by jmw
I'm OK with either assigned seating for the whole plane, assigned seating in the front half, or no preboards at the front half without an A. But open seating for the whole plane has to go. Tired of seeing 5 to 20+ wheelchairs on the leisure flights.
I'm in.... oh, wait, that won't work. For my most recent flight, I was to be 100% non weight bearing. I cheated and figured the 20 feet from the door of the pane to row 2 would be OK. But if I have to be in the back half of the plane, someone is going to have to wheel me down there in an aisle chair and then leave the aisle empty so they can wheel the chair back off the plane. That won't slow boarding down at all, will it?

Look, I am against pre-board scammer as much, if not more than anyone else but the fact is that you really have no way of telling who they are by just looking at them. I am a young "late fifties" and today, I am in two regular shoes. I would probably look like a faker to most.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 8:43 pm

I get that some people have "hidden" disabilities, but I was on a flight from MDW to Providence the other day that was just silly. At least 20 people pre-boarded.
I'm really at the point where I feel like the heck with it, why not join the crowd. It's becoming so frustrating.
If you go on tick tock or whatever gaming southwest is like a sport.
They are clearly going to have to change the system at some point..
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
Originally Posted by disalex
I get that some people have "hidden" disabilities, but I was on a flight from MDW to Providence the other day that was just silly. At least 20 people pre-boarded.
I'm really at the point where I feel like the heck with it, why not join the crowd. It's becoming so frustrating.
If you go on tick tock or whatever gaming southwest is like a sport.
They are clearly going to have to change the system at some point..
Yup. When every single passenger is a pre-boarder (except for those who want to sit in the exit row), then the boarding process will be just like it used to be. No EBCI, no BS, no A+, just a simple line up and wait. The first ones to arrive at the gate are the first ones to board. The last ones to arrive at the gate are the last ones to board.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 8:30 pm

MCO is the worst.

I really wish SW would start flying into MLB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.