Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

How would YOU get home if you were stranded after multiple S W Airlines flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How would YOU get home if you were stranded after multiple S W Airlines flights?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2023, 5:24 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Greyhound is no picnic either right now, a 3 day coast to coast scheduled trip in September took 5 days, the company actually put the riders into a motel for the night and fed them when they ran out of bus drivers somewhere in the middle.
screeton and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by twitch76
Thanks for answering.

Clearly, I disagree with your assessment of my remarks.

Incidentally, I agree with absolutely everything else you wrote in this post.

I wish youd go back and reread my posts and attempt to understand my remarks in the light that they were intended. I thought I did veritable linguistic backflips to ensure that my comments could not be read as blaming pax who were caught up in this.

Since it apparently has not been clear, let me spell it out plainly: passengers are not at fault for either the weather event or Southwests failure to recover from the weather event.

Regardless, thanks for answering.
Originally Posted by Bear96
You have done everything you could have in that regard IMO. And I agree with your general point, but have been hesitant to post because, well, you see the reaction. People are going to hear what they want to hear.

Perhaps the answer is some sort of mandatory travel insurance with every airline ticket purchase. If the risk is spread that much it should only be a couple of dollars per ticket, I would think.
I see and saw comments upon comments by both that were continuously added in this thread and the Southwest Xmas thread that hammer the same same same thing again and again and again. I saw the piling on of comments in poor taste and not useful.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.