Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

1-year Companion Pass + 30k points for a $69 credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1-year Companion Pass + 30k points for a $69 credit card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by gxwong
I called Chase Card Services again earlier today - was told that my ticket was in the hands of the Marketing Department, with a response time of 7 to 10 days - and that there was no other recourse or means to escalate at this time. The rep did repeat that my report stated my desire to be using the Companion Pass this Thursday for a scheduled trip. And the rep assured me that the Marketing Department "is very good at what they do" ... and "will take care of you". We'll see ...
Can you please provide the # where you opened a ticket to get this fixed. I cant get past customer service. We both met the spending before closing statement and should have the points and CP like everyone else here. Not sure why CHASE is pushing us to the side.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by oceanbreeez
Thanks to this thread for reminding me that the bonus hits after the month end close. I accelerated some spend so I didn't have to wait for after 5/11 to book a Companion.

As a point of reference to others, I hit the spend late 4/8 and closing was 4/11. The Chase app tracker has been consistently correct and it showed me meeting the spend just before the close. I had the bonus points right away in my account, and the Companion Pass showed up several hours later.
This only verifies there is a system issue, i met spend 3/20 statement closed 4/5 but my tracker showed 0 the entire time. No offer yet, CSRs say to wait, but wait on what if the issue is not fixed!
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by gcocas
Can you please provide the # where you opened a ticket to get this fixed. I cant get past customer service. We both met the spending before closing statement and should have the points and CP like everyone else here. Not sure why CHASE is pushing us to the side.
Chase Card Services
1-800-945-2000

Ask the CSR to check their internal bonus tracker.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by roadman3313
That is a good observation. I will say in my case the tracker in the Chase app went up according to the spend and the points and CP were deposited once it reached the $5k mark. Hopefully having the spend actually counted (and tracked) will resolve the issue. Good luck!
Originally Posted by roadman3313
As a data point - hit spending threshold on April 7th. Statement date shows April 8th. 30k and Companion pass in my account on April 9th. I was able to assign and use to book flights with a companion right away. This was after the first month as I had a lot of travel expenses. It was a fairly seemless process (thankfully).
Originally Posted by MKE YX
For those wondering when they will get the bonus points and CP...

FWIW, I hit the required spend last week, my statement closed last night, and both the 30K bonus points and the companion pass arrived in my Southwest Rapids Rewards account before 11 am Eastern this morning.
Originally Posted by bbbb
My statement closed last night and today I had my points and CP.
Originally Posted by oceanbreeez
Thanks to this thread for reminding me that the bonus hits after the month end close. I accelerated some spend so I didn't have to wait for after 5/11 to book a Companion.

As a point of reference to others, I hit the spend late 4/8 and closing was 4/11. The Chase app tracker has been consistently correct and it showed me meeting the spend just before the close. I had the bonus points right away in my account, and the Companion Pass showed up several hours later.
Just quickly compiling all the folks who were successfully able to receive their bonus and CP right after statement close. Thanks for sharing!
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:03 am

I'm glad I found this thread, thanks folks for sharing your experiences and outcomes.

I appear to be having the same problem as grocas:
  • Account opened around early Feb
  • Reached $5000 spend by 3/18
  • Called into Chase SWA RR CC CSR around 3/22 to determine when I will receive my CP and 30k bonuses - response was "after the statement close" (at 4/04)
  • 4/05 - no bonus reflected. Called into Chase, who pointed the finger to SWA, who then pointed the finger back to Chase. Net: "up to 8 weeks" disclaimer, with responsibility on Chase's end ...
A presumably abnormal characteristic of my account: my "Your new account bonus" tracker on the Chase Mobile App shows $0 spent ... $5,000 to go. For others on this thread, did this bonus tracker show daily updates on your cumulative spend towards your bonus?

(I can't post the photo yet, need a few more posts ...)
Now that I can post JPGs - a visual example for folks dealing with this issue in the future: if you continue to see $0.00 SPENT on the "Your new account bonus" tracker even after your spend posts, then this is an indicator that you will probably have a problem with the account bonus fulfillment after reaching the threshold.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:25 am

Just after I posted, I re-checked my Chase mobile app and found this! ... still no CP nor 30k bonus points (the 30k+ points show as "pending" ... "with your next statement" ... "Rewards available with your next statement. This is the amount of rewards you've earned since your last statement that will be added to your "Rewards available now" rewards balance as of your next statement minus any credits or adjustments.") ... but at least I'm one step closer.

I needed the CP for a trip I'm taking tomorrow 4/14 - let's see in the morning if Chase + SWA can come through with the CP or at least credit me for the points I put out for my companion's ticket.

Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:59 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I needed the CP for a trip I'm taking tomorrow 4/14 - let's see in the morning if Chase + SWA can come through with the CP or at least credit me for the points I put out for my companion's ticket.
Don't expect a break. It's Chase's fault but the terms say 8 weeks. That's to allow for glitches at Chase and Southwest, not just for the delay in threshold sweeps. It sucks, I know.
gxwong likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:45 pm

Called Chase Card Services earlier today, with hopes of movement/resolution because of the now-functional account bonus tracker.
  • Before I could explain much, the CSR looked at the high level info - over $5k spend, now-working account bonus tracker showing completion of spend requirement - and quickly assumed that Chase had already submitted the account bonus information to Southwest, and that Southwest is now responsible, needing up to 30 days to handle. I had to patiently re-explain my "rare" (the CSR's characterization) situation again in detail and insisted that she carefully read the notes. I re-stated the red flags: internal account bonus tracker that was showing $0; no prompt turnaround by Southwest at account statement close (unlike 95% of other users who had received right after statement close). New red flag/symptom: generated account statement that only shows transferred points from incremental spend, but no 30k bonus points nor CP.
    • Future tip to minimize abrupt assumptions by the CSR: have the CSR write up a "memo" about the technical glitch/issue with your account. Have future CSRs read the "memo" first on the particular account issues before making assumptions. CSRs are right 95% of the time; I'm unfortunately part of the 5%.
  • CSR said that no updates were provided yet by their Marketing Department/backoffice. Need to take the 7-10 days.
  • CSR said that the Marketing Department/backoffice typically correspond via postal mail only - which takes some time to generate and be received. CSR encouraged that I call after the 7 days had passed from when the ticket was first filed, then have the answering CSR to check the memo to minimize assumptions and the need to re-explain in depth.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:56 pm

Called Chase Card Services earlier today, with hopes of movement/resolution because of the now-functional account bonus tracker.
  • Before I could explain much, the CSR looked at the high level info - over $5k spend, now-working account bonus tracker showing completion of spend requirement - and quickly assumed that Chase had already submitted the account bonus information to Southwest, and that Southwest is now responsible, needing up to 30 days to handle. I had to patiently re-explain my "rare" (the CSR's characterization) situation again in detail and insisted that she carefully read the notes. I re-stated the red flags: internal account bonus tracker that was showing $0; no prompt turnaround by Southwest at account statement close (unlike 95% of other users who had received right after statement close). New red flag/symptom: generated account statement that only shows transferred points from incremental spend, but no 30k bonus points nor CP.
    • Future tip to minimize abrupt assumptions by the CSR: have the CSR write up a "memo" about the technical glitch/issue with your account. Have future CSRs read the "memo" first on the particular account issues before making assumptions. CSRs are right 95% of the time; I'm unfortunately part of the 5%.
  • CSR said that no updates were provided yet by their Marketing Department/backoffice. Need to take the 7-10 days.
  • CSR said that the Marketing Department/backoffice typically correspond via postal mail only - which takes some time to generate and be received. CSR encouraged that I call after the 7 days had passed from when the ticket was first filed, then have the answering CSR to check the memo to minimize assumptions and the need to re-explain in depth.
Let me give you the cliff notes on what you have been told. Your CP will post to your account after your next statement closes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.