Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2021, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by carlitos
Uff, thankful! As I did need a couple changes for spring break

also, for synergistic, sadly, Miami has NEVER been added as co-terminal to FLL or PBI. Thing is, with the Turkish Lounge Open in J, I just love WN’s MIA services better than FLL 😉. And MIA is the one with the cheaper fares vs PBI & FLL for now
So strange, I could swear that I'd been able to switch between them before - but I've booked, changed ,and cancelled a zillion flights this year, I might just be confused.

It's sometimes tough for me, because FLL is a $5 Uber from home, but the lounge situation at MIA is just fantastic.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 6:23 pm

MSP/RSW R/T nonstop Saturday to Saturday in Mid March for 5020 points times 2 passengers using CP, love it.

The new prices were less than the dummy reservations I had booked.

I imagine we'll see at least a couple more opportunities for free changes.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 7:35 pm

Indeed... bars open until at least April 11, but not as late as April 30. Those are the best data points I had.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Franklin7777
Indeed... bars open until at least April 11, but not as late as April 30. Those are the best data points I had.
Does anyone know when it starts in March?
Old Jan 27, 2021, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by m907
Does anyone know when it starts in March?
​​​​​​​Sometime between March 7 (doesn't work) to March 11 (does work).

Last edited by Franklin7777; Jan 27, 2021 at 6:22 am
Old Jan 27, 2021, 10:30 am

My dummy March 8 reservation could not be changed did but the prices on the new schedule were very low so it didn't matter

MSP nonstop to FT Myers was 2510 points on Saturday March 13 and ( return NS) Saturday 3/20
nsx likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Ok, now this is weird. Today, I am able to change ALL my reservations from March 15 all the way to May 31st!!! EXCEPT for One flight. The only one reservation/flight that does not depart or arrive to/from MIA, and which is the one I am not able to change, does arrive at FLL. That flight is schedule for May 5th and does not have the Red Bar on top.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 12:34 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by carlitos
Ok, now this is weird. Today, I am able to change ALL my reservations from March 15 all the way to May 31st!!! EXCEPT for One flight. The only one reservation/flight that does not depart or arrive to/from MIA, and which is the one I am not able to change, does arrive at FLL. That flight is schedule for May 5th and does not have the Red Bar on top.
You can change your May flights? No one else has reported that for this go around. I still can't.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 12:54 pm

I think it's Miami related, which works out very well for me. Miami not affected in February, though, at least for my routes.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 1:10 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by synergistic
I think it's Miami related, which works out very well for me. Miami not affected in February, though, at least for my routes.
For us my friend. I am loving this WN move into MIA. I happen to have a place that is located almost exactly at the same distance from FLL than from MIA (I am in the border from Dade/Broward on the Dade side). So technically, I can use either airport. For now, MIA is getting my business, LOL.

Yes, looks like it is MIA related when it comes to free changes during April and May. Going to try booking something for June to see if it extends all the way to the summer.
*** Confirmed, I am allowed to change any flight that starts or ends at MIA until EOS ***
synergistic likes this.

Last edited by carlitos; Jan 27, 2021 at 3:18 pm
Old Jan 27, 2021, 7:30 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Originally Posted by Franklin7777
Adding in a DP that a flight on April 25 (non MIA) could not be changed, but I was able to change flights also till April 11. In fact, I changed a flight from Apr 4 - 11, then promptly got another notification that my change changed so I could change again. Which could potentially bounce that out another 30 days and hope that a future May change window lets me get those coveted summer flights.... well, hopefully coveted again this summer as opposed to the last one.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 6:26 am

Now good through at least April 11 for me.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 2:06 pm

I want to make a dummy booking for May and change it to June (if changes are allowed in the future per this thread). However, I must go in June on exact dates.

If I make a real booking for the real dates in June, would I have to cancel that first, in order to make the dummy changes to June as I would like?
Old Jan 28, 2021, 2:19 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
You can book the new ticket before canceling the old one, but if you hold two seats on the same date one of them will be autocanceled on the second evening. In other words, you can double book f you are prompt at eliminating the conflicting reservation.
pitflyer, marlin and synergistic like this.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by marlin
I want to make a dummy booking for May and change it to June (if changes are allowed in the future per this thread). However, I must go in June on exact dates.

If I make a real booking for the real dates in June, would I have to cancel that first, in order to make the dummy changes to June as I would like?
I've been booking the exact flights I want (or a significantly cheaper but acceptable set) as well as a dummy booking within a couple of weeks of each. I make sure to leave a couple of days in between any flights I book, to prevent cancellation by the algorithm. You can have duplicate flights booked short term, but one or the other is at risk of cancellation if you leave them both overnight.

Really, though, very few of my bookings were at price points that were no longer available by the time the change window opened. I only do it this way because for a minute, Southwest had stopped allowing free changes for flights booked during the window.
marlin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.