Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

SWA Pilots Accused of Placing Camera in Airplane Lav.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SWA Pilots Accused of Placing Camera in Airplane Lav.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by copperred
You and kenny have a lot of excuses, denial, obfuscation and projection, it seems to suggest you're OK with this conduct. Not surprising, birds of a feather and all. Hopefully you're not working pilots.

Any serious adult: Wow this is awful and in most workplaces this doesn't count as a prank, this is both harassment and criminal.

NoStress and his bro Kenny: Hijinks! Flashing your privates at people you work with is normal.
You’re treading on some inappropriate, inaccurate, and dangerous ground here.
NoStressHere and nancypants like this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
... you might as well just call the FA and the other staff liars and be done with it.
Fine. I think she's a payday-seeking whiner, and the kind of miserable <expletive deleted> I hope I never have the misfortune of having to be around, much less work with.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:45 pm

My problem with the whole "it was a bad attempt at humor" is that it sounds like the pilots were not reprimanded whatsoever and Southwest basically did nothing. Even if it was a bad, dumb joke, this is absolutely 100% still sexual harassment. The "joke" was that the male pilots had the ability to peep on the female flight attendants in the bathroom. Only a man, and a very stupid one at that, could think that's funny. Sexual harassment, leering creepers, etc. are a threat in everyday life for women. I'm sure when the flight attendant didn't think the "joke" was funny they just called her a "....." like some of the tone-deaf comments here.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by oreocookies
this is absolutely 100% still sexual harassment ... [there] are threat[s] in everyday life for women.
I'd think that crying "wolf" so often when you only see a puppy that people stop listening after a while would be a bigger threat; drowning out the signal in all the noise.
nancypants likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
I'd think that crying "wolf" so often when you only see a puppy that people stop listening after a while would be a bigger threat; drowning out the signal in all the noise.
...I think you've made your position perfectly clear that this woman should've laughed and nodded at what was obvious harassment. It's always just an "innocent joke" - the woman who doesn't tolerate it is a "whiner" and "miserable b-word", right? Isn't that exactly what you said upthread?

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Fine. I think she's a payday-seeking whiner, and the kind of miserable <expletive deleted> I hope I never have the misfortune of having to be around, much less work with.
We can agree to disagree, and I'll hope I never work with someone with such an attitude. If I do, I'll hope the HR department is more competent than Southwest's is apparently.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by oreocookies

We can agree to disagree, and I'll hope I never work with someone with such an attitude. If I do, I'll hope the HR department is more competent than Southwest's is apparently.
You've obviously never worked with someone who was a pay-day seeking whiner. They are out there and most HR departments are scared to death of them.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
You're inserting so much doubting Thomas in all your comments you might as well just call the FA and the other staff liars and be done with it. WN is at fault for not securing the scene after it was reported to them. Having dealt with sex offenders I have zero interest in debating the "ho ho, this is super funny" commenters and excuses that come with it....

Since nobody here knows the whole story, how do we assume WN is 100% wrong. Or the pilots are 100% wrong. Or the FA is 100% right?

Bottom line, we do not know. This not a "doubting Thomas" thing at all. To assume the FA is 100% truthful, or the pilot is 100% truthful is .... well... what do you call it?

If the prank happened as many assume, it is totally wrong.
If they actually exposed themselves, it is more than totally wrong.
If WN did nothing to deal with it, that is also very wrong.

But - to make statements that anyone thinks it is okay is also very wrong. YOU have slandered a few posters here with YOUR assumptions.
nancypants likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 6:12 pm

The pilots union says it was a pre-recorded selfie the captain recorded earlier on another aircraft. That nothing below the waist was shown.

That level of specificity - and the claim all parties involved had been told this well before the lawsuit was filed - is difficult to challenge.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 7:53 pm

The amount of speculation in this thread is astounding.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
The amount of speculation in this thread is astounding.
You should read the FA union's tweets.

SWAPA says crewmembers, including the flight attendants, were told "the pilot took a selfie video from the chest up, fully clothed, in the lavatory of a completely different airplane months before Flight 1088 and then replayed the exact same selfie video on his iPad when Ms. Steinaker came into the cockpit."

Pilots on Flight 1088 Did Not Video Anyone
84fiero likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by LegalTender

SWAPA says crewmembers, including the flight attendants, were told "the pilot took a selfie video from the chest up, fully clothed, in the lavatory of a completely different airplane months before Flight 1088 and then replayed the exact same selfie video on his iPad when Ms. Steinaker came into the cockpit."

"and never videoed anyone in any lavatory"

"Flight 1088 did not video anyone"

What sort of "communications manager" uses "video" as a verb? This PR sounds like it was written by a high school student.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by LegalTender

I have. And you're repeating yourself.

I stand by my statement.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by camaross
"and never videoed anyone in any lavatory"

"Flight 1088 did not video anyone"

What sort of "communications manager" uses "video" as a verb? This PR sounds like it was written by a high school student.
Exactly what decade are you living in? That is very common usage.
kennycrudup and nancypants like this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Since nobody here knows the whole story, how do we assume WN is 100% wrong. Or the pilots are 100% wrong. Or the FA is 100% right?

Bottom line, we do not know. This not a "doubting Thomas" thing at all. To assume the FA is 100% truthful, or the pilot is 100% truthful is .... well... what do you call it?

If the prank happened as many assume, it is totally wrong.
If they actually exposed themselves, it is more than totally wrong.
If WN did nothing to deal with it, that is also very wrong.

But - to make statements that anyone thinks it is okay is also very wrong. YOU have slandered a few posters here with YOUR assumptions.
joshua362, LegalTender and pilsn3r like this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Recent USA Today article with FA and WN statements.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ke/4129369002/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.