Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase WN Performance business credit card with 80k bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Chase WN Performance business credit card with 80k bonus

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2019, 5:42 am

Good point, that actually works out better for me as its only $1K spend for 40k across all 3 personal cards. Anyone have feedback on whether Priority is worth the AF ($149 vs $69 on the plus)? It has 4 upgrade bookings but are those vouchers (usable after card is closed)? Also states $75 travel credit but it doesn't specify whether that is granted the first year.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by bluerunningsocks
Good point, that actually works out better for me as its only $1K spend for 40k across all 3 personal cards. Anyone have feedback on whether Priority is worth the AF ($149 vs $69 on the plus)? It has 4 upgrade bookings but are those vouchers (usable after card is closed)? Also states $75 travel credit but it doesn't specify whether that is granted the first year.
There are no vouchers. You pay for the upgraded boarding with your priority card and chase reimburses you. The $75 is granted as soon as you receive the card an each anniversary year thereafter.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerryfreak
if i get performance biz approved in next few days how soon can i refer her to performance biz and whats that worth?
Don't count on getting approved in the next few days, if you haven't applied yet. I had to wait 9.5 days, and some others had to wait at least 10 (between application date and approval date). No way to speed that up (without greatly increasing the risk of denial ).
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:28 pm

Programs: WN
ive already applied yesterday, and also had one convo with recon today and sent them the requested documents on my legitimate business. will check in tomorrow. (edit: i did they said its in the "documents" dept which is a black box, and i should expect up to 5 days)

how did your process go? did you wait it out or aggressively check in?

Last edited by jerryfreak; Oct 9, 2019 at 6:09 pm
Old Oct 9, 2019, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by bluerunningsocks
I have to assume anyone getting these cards flies at least at handful of times each year.

In our case, getting the more expensive cards are well worth it. Between the bonus miles and the upgrades, well worth it. Picking up wifi on the Biz card has only marginal benefit to us, but would be great for many.

Yes, you get the $75 the first year.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:31 am

Applied this weekend, approved a few days later today after identity verification. No questions about my $1 annual revenue "business"

I was 4/24 before applying for this biz card, wonder if I can still apply for the personal card to hit 110k for cp?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by ymarker
Applied this weekend, approved a few days later today after identity verification. No questions about my $1 annual revenue "business"

I was 4/24 before applying for this biz card, wonder if I can still apply for the personal card to hit 110k for cp?
All the data points I have read say they do not look at the BIZ card when counting 5/24.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ymarker

Yes, but I suggest you wait until later this year to do so. Chase doesn't like it much when you apply for two cards "too close" together in time.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Yes, but I suggest you wait until later this year to do so. Chase doesn't like it much when you apply for two cards "too close" together in time.

Good advice since it's October and he/she has a $5k spend to make on the business.

Our first CP flight is April 17, unless he/she has a CP flight planned for January I wouldn't apply for the personal card until at least December.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by flyer4512
You should be good to go for the new ( or any business card if you haven't received the bonus in 24 months) business card, certainly worth a shot before spending $35K for a year of CP..................Take that spend to the AA churn,

You also said "we" did you both the the California CP card ? If not you could do what me and my wife do, one gets CP every 2 years, my wife;s expires 12/31/2019
Sorry wasn't clear: All three PERSONAL cards were denied since we got the California card in 11/2017. So Personal Plus, Premier, and Priority all were denied these past two months.

We Did get the Business card and getting 80K on it this month. That's the additional 35k (well 30K now) that we have to spend on it next 2months to get CP for her.

Family of four. So, like to have 2 CPs optimally.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 8:00 pm

I am flying on WN next month and hoping the 50k promo pops up inflight and apply for it then. That will make it about one month between biz card approval and personal card application.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by montreid
Sorry wasn't clear: All three PERSONAL cards were denied since we got the California card in 11/2017. So Personal Plus, Premier, and Priority all were denied these past two months.

We Did get the Business card and getting 80K on it this month. That's the additional 35k (well 30K now) that we have to spend on it next 2months to get CP for her.

Just to be clear. You will be getting CP for 2020 ONLY since you are planning to reach 110k before the end of the year.

Also, keep in mind, any spend AFTER the Dec statement will go into next year - not this year.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:04 pm

If you got the California card in November 2017 I'm guessing the bonus POSTED shortly thereafter, 24 months AFTER that bonus posted you can get a personal card again.

If the bonus posted ( example) 1/10/2018 then you should be able to get a personal card again on 1/20/2020............giving it a few days cushion...........that will take you to CP for 2020/21 when combined with the 80K business.

BTW, you only need 25K as the 80K card has a $5k spend, actually $5k PLUS the AF so $5200 ish

IMO the LAST thing you want to do is have the 80k points post in 2019 and get CP only for the remainder of 2019 and 2020, let the 80K post in 2020 then get another personal card or if need be the 25K points via spend, etc

This way you will have CP for most of 2020 and all of 2021
Old Oct 10, 2019, 12:27 am

Programs: WN

when did you open your performance business card? hopefully in last few weeks so you can do your spend in late december (within 90 days of opening) and have it post in january
Old Oct 10, 2019, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by jerryfreak
when did you open your performance business card? hopefully in last few weeks so you can do your spend in late december (within 90 days of opening) and have it post in january

Chase normally gives ~ 110 days to compete the spend from the day the application was approved

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.