Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase WN Performance business credit card with 80k bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Chase WN Performance business credit card with 80k bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Critterlynn
I remember it being a two tier bonus requiring a $15,000 spend to earn 65,000 points. First 40,000 than an additional 25,000.

I guess I missed the one you're talking about.
Actually, I think you're right and I was misremembering. It was 40,000 after $1,000/3 months and another 25,000 after $15,000/1 year.

I've edited my post.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:11 am

Hopefully this is a sign of Chase's expanding offerings. And hopefully the next addition is a Hyatt biz card.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by solarbear
Hopefully this is a sign of Chase's expanding offerings. And hopefully the next addition is a Hyatt biz card.
Maybe.....

Though I am guessing this could be more of a Southwest driven deal... who knows?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:52 am

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by nsx
Chase landing page (not a referral link) at https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/sou...4069&CELL=6PLX
The only problem is that if you click the Apply Now button on the landing page it just redirects you to the southwest homepage
ursine1 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Becca1007
The only problem is that if you click the Apply Now button on the landing page it just redirects you to the southwest homepage
This isn't that difficult...just scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the CC link.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld
This isn't that difficult...just scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the CC link.
The comment was intended to be somewhat sarcastic as Southwest's IT is notorious for things like that ....
ursine1 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 5:27 pm

And then click several more times in order to get to the actual application for the business card, including coming all the way back to the landing page you started at. (But that is now coded correctly to open the application.)

<rolls eyes>
Old Jun 24, 2019, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
And then click several more times in order to get to the actual application for the business card, including coming all the way back to the landing page you started at. (But that is now coded correctly to open the application.)

<rolls eyes>
Suit yourself. I found the approx. 10 seconds of click-through time to be worth it. Obviously you don’t. Nose. Spite. Face.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:56 pm

Suit yourself. I found the approx. 10 seconds of click-through time to be worth it. Obviously you don’t. Nose. Spite. Face.
Seems obvious, but I guess I need to spell it out:

The "Apply Now" link in the first landing page post is coded wrong. It should take one to the application. It doesn't. These mistakes happen often with Southwest, who is not known for their IT prowess.

That's the point.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
Seems obvious, but I guess I need to spell it out:

The "Apply Now" link in the first landing page post is coded wrong. It should take one to the application. It doesn't. These mistakes happen often with Southwest, who is not known for their IT prowess.

That's the point.
I’m clear on the point...you seem to be unclear on the benefit of spending ten seconds to apply for a good product, despite the minor coding issue. Would hate to see how you deal with a real IT screwup. Fair enough...carry on.

BTW, I’m surprised you didn’t call out “hotesls” in the link also. Gotta up your game if you’re gonna focus on this stuff
Old Jun 24, 2019, 9:16 pm

I should have known better than to engage.
NoStressHere and Air Houston like this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: UA-1K; Marriott-LT Titan; Hilton-Gold
So if I am currently eligible for the bonus promotion shown below, then the 80K Performance credit card bonus would actually translate to 90K (20% bonus caps at 10K) and all 90K count towards the companion Pass. I just need to make sure the 80K posts after 7/1/19 (which it will since my first billing cycle, even if I apply today) would not likely post until August.

Register to earn up to 10,000 bonus points this year.

When you have at least 20,000 points post to you Rapid Rewards® account between 7/1/19 and 10/31/19 under the category of “Credit Card,” you’ll be eligible for a 25% bonus (up to 10,000 bonus points).*

For example, if you have 5,000 points from your Rapid Rewards Credit Card post to your account each month during July, August, September, and October, you’ll earn 5,000 bonus points from Southwest.

Those 5,000 bonus points will count toward Companion Pass, too!
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by MaxMiles
So if I am currently eligible for the bonus promotion shown below, then the 80K Performance credit card bonus would actually translate to 90K (20% bonus caps at 10K) and all 90K count towards the companion Pass. I just need to make sure the 80K posts after 7/1/19 (which it will since my first billing cycle, even if I apply today) would not likely post until August.

When you have at least 20,000 points post to you Rapid Rewards® account between 7/1/19 and 10/31/19 under the category of “Credit Card,” you’ll be eligible for a 25% bonus (up to 10,000 bonus points).*

For example, if you have 5,000 points from your Rapid Rewards Credit Card post to your account each month during July, August, September, and October, you’ll earn 5,000 bonus points from Southwest.

Interesting. Very interesting.

There is a chance that 80k could be coded slightly different. I went back and looked at the last time we got sign up bonus and it shows on the Chase statement each item - purchases and bonus, and then a total. On the RR account it jus shows the total. Hmmmmm

But, if it does count
80k bonus
5k in spending
10k promotion

95k.

Still need to spend another 15k by the end fo the year, and only get one year CP. I mention one year as we were thinking about getting the normal two cards in Nov/Dec and hit CP in January getting close to two years.

Wonder how long the 80k will be out there?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by MaxMiles

I'm going to wait until October to get this card (hoping the 80k offer is still there) to get the points to post in January for 2 years of CP, that's worth way more to me than the extra 10k now with the promo. But, I wouldn't be surprised if this off isn't available by then, it'll probably settle down to 60k. Still, two 60k cards (or 60k+40k+a little extra spend) for CP is worth more to me than 80k+60k (or 80k+40k) and no CP.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Interesting. Very interesting.

There is a chance that 80k could be coded slightly different. I went back and looked at the last time we got sign up bonus and it shows on the Chase statement each item - purchases and bonus, and then a total. On the RR account it jus shows the total. Hmmmmm

But, if it does count
80k bonus
5k in spending
10k promotion

95k.

Still need to spend another 15k by the end fo the year, and only get one year CP. I mention one year as we were thinking about getting the normal two cards in Nov/Dec and hit CP in January getting close to two years.

Wonder how long the 80k will be out there?
Or $5K with WN or partners.

But yeah, wait until about mid-October and time it right for the almost-2-year CP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.