Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase WN Performance business credit card with 80k bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Chase WN Performance business credit card with 80k bonus

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2019, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
There have been some reports of them being very close to the 90 days from approval. And some that say it is closer to 110.

You of course do not want to miss the 80k, but at the same time, you do not want to miss getting the 80k early in 2020 vs 2019. I would watch your spending and try to get hit after your December statement, but before you hit the 90 day mark.

You are caught between a rock and a hard place as they say. Though reports of anyone (Chase or WN) giving anyone a break, you MIGHT be able to say the card did not arrive until sometime in October, therefo not giving you 90 days. Do not activate or use if for a week or so in to October - maybe, just maybe.....

I called Chase, and the first statement to close after the 90 day bonus period is in the first week of January of 2020. Hence I believe the points will end up being in 2020. Logical ?

Last edited by Libra7474; Sep 27, 2019 at 7:28 pm
Old Sep 28, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: status free since 2017
How easy are approvals on this card? I am over 5/24 but Mrs CnO is a clean slate (however a bit nervous about the biz card). Are there high chances that this may require a recon call for a "sole proprietorship" business?
Old Sep 28, 2019, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Libra7474
I called Chase, and the first statement to close after the 90 day bonus period is in the first week of January of 2020. Hence I believe the points will end up being in 2020. Logical ?
In theory, yes.

Theory does not always work out with Chase.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
A few questions on when points are earned, awarded and posted.

1 - There is a specific date when you hit the $5k spend.

2 - There is a date when they actually award the bonus - which I always assumed was the statement date. Yes, no?

3 - Then there is the date they actually send the points to WN. For normal spend, it is usually a few days after the statement closes/processes.

Thoughts?

Keeping mind that the ONLY date WN will use is when it posts to your account. Based on what I have read here over the past few years, they post to your RR account when they post. Period. End of discussion. No exceptions. They do not care when you bought something, when it posts to your Chase account, or when Chase gets around to posting the miles/points.

Last edited by NoStressHere; Sep 29, 2019 at 4:11 pm
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Logical if true, but how sure are you that it's true?

When were you approved for the card?

What day of the month does it say online your first payment will be due? In my case, it says my first payment will be due several days before the day of the month that I was approved, and so it sure looks like my third statement will be 3 months after the date I was approved.

January 2020 is three months after October 2019, so unless you have a much longer first statement period than normal, I don't see how you would have January 2020 be anywhere close to three months after your approval date. (I personally have no need for a Companion Pass, so I don't care about my timing. If I had cared about a Companion Pass, I would have waited until early October to apply, since for a while it's been saying online that the current offer is good until mid-October.)

Meanwhile, Chase seems to have removed the "buffer period" for doing spend, and it's now apparently strictly 3 months. But not every agent might know that.

So you might want to separately get in writing (saved chat or secure message) when you have to finish your spend by and what day of the month your statements are. If you combine these into one question, Chase might misunderstand and give you the wrong info. So ask the two questions of Chase separately, and then combine the answer carefully on your end.

Last edited by sdsearch; Sep 30, 2019 at 9:49 am
Old Sep 30, 2019, 5:31 pm

I just applied and got approved, which really surprised me, because I already have another business card under the same business name. I also realized that 90 days from today will put me around Christmas, hence I might miss out on the whole year of a companion pass.

Does anyone have an experience with timing of points posted that close to the year's end? I feel like by the time the post-90 days statement closes, it will already be 2020.

Your replies are greatly appreciated
People have reported getting Chase to give them the exact date their time is by sending a secure message.

People have also reported the closing date can shift around for a new card.

Depending on what you find out from Chase you may be able to get the closing date (not the same as the due date) moved.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:10 pm

Good luck, it's going to be close. You applied about two weeks too early.

So many things can go wrong, fraud, etc puts you over $5k in 2019
Old Oct 1, 2019, 12:45 pm

With regards to the bonus points, every advertisement or link I have seen indicate the terminology Spend $5000 "In (or During) the first 3 months from account opening." I have read the fine print and I would like clarification of what the first 3 months is. Where does anyone see the words "90 Days"? (90 Days would be easier to calculate). Its important to me due to a looming large purchase on a specific day which cannot be changed and it may affect my credit and utilization and all that jazz.

Also, what are the pro's/con's do's/don'ts of referring myself for this business card? Currently have the Personal Premier card and had CP 2017/2018.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 12:43 pm

Hm... Applied and didn't get instantly approved under the sole proprietorship - Got the message that they need more time and emailed "We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible."

Doesn't sound promising.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by olouie
Hm... Applied and didn't get instantly approved under the sole proprietorship - Got the message that they need more time and emailed "We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible."

Doesn't sound promising.
Got the same thing on a different card application a few days ago and the card came in the mail yesterday. All this means is a human needs to look at it, especially if you have other Chase cards with big credit lines. Do not despair, times will change...
Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
So - you do not advise calling recon line or something?

In my case, I have a fairly high amount of credit on other Chase cards.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 2:36 pm

The experts seem to suggest don't call recon until actual denial: step_by_step_guide_to_getting_approved_for_chase - in this post is a link to this flowchart too: Chase Approval Guide
NoStressHere likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: LTP, PP

They removed 18,000 of limit from one card to to open my new account last week without asking, not the first time.... Wait and see what happens first.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 5:34 pm

Can you get the 80k bonus if you received a 30+20k bonus for opening a checking/savings account? The answer could be no because the bonus points post to the linked credit card. This is for my SO, has a personal card but doesn't have the business currently. Had a biz card two years ago but cancelled. Should be under 5/24. I think she would get approved but getting the bonus would be questionable. Any datapoints?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ave1024
Can you get the 80k bonus if you received a 30+20k bonus for opening a checking/savings account? The answer could be no because the bonus points post to the linked credit card. This is for my SO, has a personal card but doesn't have the business currently. Had a biz card two years ago but cancelled. Should be under 5/24. I think she would get approved but getting the bonus would be questionable. Any datapoints?
The terms say if you've had this business card before you're aren't eligible. So if you had a different Southwest business card that existed two years ago, that shouldn't disqualify you.

Meanwhile, what's this "should be" under 5/24? It costs nothing to figure it out for sure: Go to www.creditkarma.com, sign up for a free account, and using TU and/or EQ data at CK you can look at all your open and closed cards and count the ones which were opened less than 24 months ago. That count (or the equivalent from EX) is what Chase uses, so why not count it the way Chase does?

And this 80K offer might end 10/16 (it says it's good through that date), so you shouldn't take too long to decide in case you don't get datapoints. But did you read through this whole thread to see if there were already datapoints?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.