Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

WN's new reservation system aggressively cancels duplicate bookings

WN's new reservation system aggressively cancels duplicate bookings

Old Feb 6, 19, 3:09 am

Programs: AA/DL/WN/ex-UA elite
How hard is it to simply buy the ticket once you know where and when you're going?
Old Feb 6, 19, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Kevin AA View Post
How hard is it to simply buy the ticket once you know where and when you're going?
Yes, that covers everything possible situation where one might consider needing multiple tickets without paying a last-minute cost or availability penalty. Such insight!
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Feb 6, 19, 3:20 am

Programs: AA/DL/WN/ex-UA elite
Originally Posted by ursine1 View Post
Yes, that covers everything possible situation where one might consider needing multiple tickets without paying a last-minute cost or availability penalty. Such insight!
If you need to buy a last-minute ticket because your plans are not known until the last minute, then you need to pay full fare.
Old Feb 6, 19, 10:24 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
IP address, CC # as well.

It is probably possible to defraud the system with enough layered work, but it will always be iffy and thus a risk.
I post and book from numerous locations and computers there multiple IP addresses. Just going to Starbucks would change the IP address.

I could easily use multiple Credit Cards. In fact I book most business trips with one and most personal travel with a different one.

Since the name must match the persons ID to clear TSA it would be difficult to use different names unless you had multiple IDs with different version of your name.
Old Feb 6, 19, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 View Post
I post and book from numerous locations and computers there multiple IP addresses. Just going to Starbucks would change the IP address.

I could easily use multiple Credit Cards. In fact I book most business trips with one and most personal travel with a different one.

Since the name must match the persons ID to clear TSA it would be difficult to use different names unless you had multiple IDs with different version of your name.
Yup.

The point is simply that the over-simplistic view that one can defeat a carrier's anti-fraud software by leaving off an FFP# is simplistic.

This whole thing is a learning curve. Preventing duplicate & impossible bookings has been the industry norm for many years. WN is late to the game and its passenger base simply needs to adapt to having to pay more for late-booked tickets,.
Old Feb 12, 19, 9:42 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
Will the cancelbot catch a pair of flights that's not overlapping, but under the MCT?